What's new

Flamingoland questions

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm going to Flamingoland next week and it will be my first visit there and wanted to know a couple of things.

-I think I've heard about some of their coasters being little kids only, which ones are they (if any)?

-What are the queues like in Easter usually? I know this is hard to predict but the general queue times at the moment would be useful information. Also what is the best order you find of doing the rides?

-What time is it likely to close as it doesn't specify on the website?

-What is the best place to eat?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I've heard about some of their coasters being little kids only, which ones are they (if any)?
Just the Go Gator is kids only..unless you're Stone Cold and fancy arguing your case with the ride op! You can ride the rest.

What are the queues like in Easter usually? I know this is hard to predict but the general queue times at the moment would be useful information. Also what is the best order you find of doing the rides
Never been over Easter so can't tell you. The holiday village could be busy this time of year. As you rightly said, it's impossible to predict without a fabled crystal ball.

If I were you, get Kumali and Velocity out of the way first. One train operation + slow loading times = long(ish) queues. I've heard Mumbo Jumbo can have HOURENDOUS throughput, but I can't confirm as I've only ridden it during ERT (3 goes in 30 mins!).

What time is it likely to close as it doesn't specify on the website?
Depends on day of the week, time of year, weather, how busy the park is. Usually says outside the main gates, if not, ask a ride op after lunch when they'll have a clear idea.

What is the best place to eat?
The food leaves a lot to be desired, I tend to eat in the American diner (to the left of Cliffhanger). It's ok-priced and it's quite satisfying, but still not the best grub in the world. People have recommended the fish and chips to me but never tried. On the whole, food is poor (greasy, reheated) imo, so do a Tesco stop beforehand.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
That's ok.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Thanks for the reply, and also another question, what rides have ORPs and is there some kind of photo pass?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Don't know about the pass, but Velocity, Kumali and Mumbo have ORPs. Kumali has onride video.

I went in August and queues were fine for all but MJ, so you should be fine.

I'd do MJ first, then you can easily get everything done before about 1 if the queues are OK.