Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nasty!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, there allright....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Error

Strata Poster
If you know me well enough, you know I'm a terribly picky eater and can't get anything good for me down my throat. Fruits and veggies (unless juice) I don't eat.

Seafood is the same, as I can't stand raw fish. The only exception is fish sticks, which I don't have often. I really REALLY wish I could eat some of these foods without wanting to puke...

kimahri

CF Legend
Fish fingers and Chippy is about it.

Fish is generally gack.

And the Norwegians... Lutefisk... *shudder*

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I've told you thousands (at least couples) of times that Rakfisk is way worse.

Lutefisk: Fish soaked in lye, then the lye is watered out, please eat. Harmless, nearly no lye left.

Rakfisk: Fish put in buckets and left in a dark place for a couple of months, then serve. Harmful, botulinum bacteria tend to thrive in wrongly prepared rakfisk.

Then there's gravlaks, where the fish simply has been buried way before the serving.

And I've not eaten any of the above. Fresh Brown Trout grilled over open fire... delicious.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Fish is nice and healthy :D Fish ftw, but not Cod because it is in rapid decline so I won't eat cod until it is off the endangered species list :p

kimahri

CF Legend
Pokemaniac said:
^I've told you thousands (at least couples) of times that Rakfisk is way worse.

Lutefisk: Fish soaked in lye, then the lye is watered out, please eat. Harmless, nearly no lye left.

Rakfisk: Fish put in buckets and left in a dark place for a couple of months, then serve. Harmful, botulinum bacteria tend to thrive in wrongly prepared rakfisk.

Then there's gravlaks, where the fish simply has been buried way before the serving.

And I've not eaten any of the above. Fresh Brown Trout grilled over open fire... delicious.

IT'S LYE!

CAUSTIC SODA!

BURNY STUFF!

Badly prepared Rakfisk probably kills you out right with little burning and ouch and it doesn't looks as bad.

A

Anonymous

Hmm

I like fish but i also like other foods, fish is not my favorite, but i would eat it if offered to me.

kimahri

CF Legend
Lutefisk.jpg

LUTEFISK!!!!

AAAAAARGH!

thx

Mega Poster
Most of the various fish I've had, has been great. However, eg. I don't like those small fish that's like stored in vinegar? and tastes like rancid anchovis etc.