What's new

First Time Evah in Florida - DAY 12 BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA BAY!

alexr

Hyper Poster
Re: First Time Evah in Florida - DAY 12 BUSCH GARDENS TAMPA

I Completely argee with Ollie's view on things.

Cheetah Hunt was fun however not amazing, I was a little disappointed, good family ride however the launches weren't that good. Also Montu is the best Invert I've ridden, I prefer it to nemesis.

The Rapids were one of the Worst I have done, they were **** especially compared to the rest of the ones in Florida. The only main way we got wet was due to the Hoses.

Rhino Rally was pretty Terrible as well. We were expecting something like the one at Animal Kingdom however it was terrible, it was very short and we saw one Rhino.

I agree with Gwazi, the new trains didn't do much for it at all.

Great Report, I've been following it however kept forgetting to post.

jokerman

Giga Poster

Ok, something is definitely up with these rapids. No way could anyone stay dry on them, especially with the hose right before the lift.

Ollie

CF Legend

^That hose missed me completely. Me and my brother came off almost completely dry (our bums got damp). But even the people who did get wet weren't soaked. NOWHERE NEAR the amount EVERYONE got soaked on Blutos Rapids.

But I'm glad I'm not the only one with those viewpoints lol. I came off a few rides in Florida thinking "Im going to get ripped apart on CF when I tell them what I thought". :p

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, the Rapids at Busch are awful.

The stupid hose soaked me, but, where's the fun in that? That was IT. Just a random fire hose at the end after a dull swanning about session.

Dire.

Nicky

Hyper Poster

Rhino Rally has been chopped up by Cheetah Hunt if I remember correctly so its now very short. Even worse when you compare it to Kilimanjaro at AK. Our driver was really good and played on the fact that not one person on the jeep was American, we were all either English, Scottish or Canadian. He said things twice about the Zebras: once with zees and then a "translation" with zeds.

Lofty

CF Legend

OMG. That Airboat ride. We had a Raccoon come on to our boat. I've got a photo somewhere. It was THE cutest moment ever.

Btw, I like your Busch Gardens update, BUT, **** sake Ollie, you're so hard to please and so critical.. lol!

marc

CF Legend

I got soaked on the rapids, mine you I was the only one that did and that was due to the waterfall. They are still better than the ones at Animal Kingdom that do nothing at all.

Ollie

CF Legend

The one at Animal Kingdom was good because it had a good drop. But that's all there is too it so it makes it a bit pants. :lol:

I'll try an get the next part up tomorrow. :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

Nicky said:
Rhino Rally has been chopped up by Cheetah Hunt if I remember correctly so its now very short.

Yeah. Rhino used to be grat fun until Chetah Hunt came long. I think that Buch made a good coice with Intamin, as their parks are lacking of them. Cheetah Hunt was a great additon.

Lfisher92

Roller Poster

i love how everything is big in the villa, big beds big pool big games room, and then theres the tv
!!!! what is it like 22" XD

Ollie

CF Legend

Haha we didn't have much time for TV. Obviously we watched it for a bit just to say we'd watched TV in America [/sad].

Sorry it's been ages since the last update. I'll try and do it as soon as I can. :)

TilenB

Strata Poster

Great trip report, but now i realised how much I hate Busch Gardens. Longest and messiest queues on gwazi, half of rides not operating because of the cheetah hunt etc.
I really preffer Six Flags to Busch Gardens!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Very good trip report, you seem to very picky about what makes a good ride, but the IoA trip was very good. I do really love that park, It also has the best water rides in Florida by far. I got soaked on their rapids.