What's new

Fire Breaks Out At Islands Of Adventure!

Mark

Strata Poster
Fire Breaks Out At Islands Of Adventure!

It has been reported on Florida news channels that a A fire has erupted at Islands of Adventures at Universal in Orlando. Guests and employees were evacuated from the Toon Lagoon Island at about 5:30 p.m local time.

According to officials, the fire broke out in the Toon Lagoon area near Ripsaw Falls. No injuries have been reported.

Orange County and Orlando fire crews are responding to the 2-alarm fire.

***LATEST NEWS is reporting that the fire was tackled swiftly and is now out.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/20 ... al-Orlando

Mark

Strata Poster
Reports are now stating Ripsaw Falls is undamaged but will remain closed at least throughout Sunday and officials will investigating further...

marc

CF Legend
Well the year started with a bang, lets hope 2011 does not mean a bad year for parks.

At least the ride has not burnt down and it seems like the damage is not to bad.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Looks like a pretty big fire. Hope it's not been damaged as it's a great water ride.
sutioso.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster
I just hope they don't have to close anything long term because it's too dangerous as a fire risk.

Exciting start to the year.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Top marks to the park's staff and teams for tackling the fire immensely well, especially considering that the park's been at capacity quite a bit recently...

As for the ride, it'll be closed for a few days for certain... When it reopens will of course be based on how long it takes for them to determine the cause of the fire and all that jazz... I highly doubt anything will remain closed for too long unless severely drastic fire prevention precautions are required to be taken by the park...

Reading IOA's Facebook though made my head hurt... There are some right idiots in this world...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Where are all the dumb conspiracy theories?

What is the full extent of the damage? Do we know?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ From what you've seen? You were there! IT WAS YOU!

Mark

Strata Poster
^ Recently seen or read Angels & Demons per chance :p

I'm glad that damage was minimal. It's one of the best Log Flumes I have ever ridden.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Reading IOA's Facebook though made my head hurt... There are some right idiots in this world...

Some employee named Jeremy really made me laugh... he's cussing off his employers on their facebook page. :roll: :lol:

ArronL94

Roller Poster
Fire? At universal?
Whoah, I thought that was seriously unlikely.. Glad that its not serious though :lol:

alexdude98

Mega Poster
alexr said:
Looks like a pretty big fire. Hope it's not been damaged as it's a great water ride.
sutioso.jpg
A speech bubble prop in the photo says: "I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid!"
Haven't you now...