• Films

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
So which do you prefer?

For me, I'd always go with a film. I think the choice of TV programmes is getting far worse year by year. Cutting good shows and replacing them with Reality TV.

Films.

TV is okay, but there's rarely ever a time I sit down and watch it other than when American Idol or the Amazing Race is on. I'll sometimes watch game shows in the morning if I am up early enough, but that's rare.

So yah usually when my TV is on, it's a movie on the screen.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Tv for me. I prefer just watching short programmes and love being able to flick over to other programmes in between, I find when I'm watching films I get easily bored and I can't really get into them. I am usually dying just to flick over to another channel.

Even when films are on tv I will flick over during the breaks and I would end up missing the rest of the film.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't do either alot. I hardly watch TV at all unless there's something good on like Britain's Got Talent. And I rarely watch films as I get bored easily and don't seem to enjoy films as much as I used to when I was young. It also kinda ruins films being a media student as you learn how everything is done, and you spot lots of flaws and mistakes in films.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
TV, sort of, as I don't really watch TV, but download shows that I want to watch. That's usually because I'm not a fan of watching something week-to-week. I'd rather just sit down and watch a whole series of something over the course of a few days.

I watch films, too, just mowhere near as often.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Both really. There aren't enough good films to watch them on a everyday basis and TV fills that void nicely.

peep

CF Legend
I love films, probably a bit too much but considering that's the industry that I'm trying to get a job in that's probably a good thing :p

wash

Mega Poster
I spend more time watching tv, but I prefer films. More time, effort, and money are poured into the two hours of a film than into an entire season of most shows, and the difference is usually obvious. I also much prefer being in a dark theater with a giant screen and sound system over watching something on my tv.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
A lot of times I like TV more as you can stay with the characters for longer and develop relationships. In a movie (barring sequels), you have about 4 hours to do all of that. But I like how things change over episodes and seasons in TV shows. My favorite movie is Serenity, but the Firefly series is what really made it all what it is to me.

Not to mention I enjoy TV shows like Castle, Leverage, or Dollhouse more then most movies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
TV, sort of, as I don't really watch TV, but download shows that I want to watch. That's usually because I'm not a fan of watching something week-to-week. I'd rather just sit down and watch a whole series of something over the course of a few days.

I watch films, too, just mowhere near as often.

This word for word, apart from the download bit.

I've deciated the year so far to watching all of the Sopranos, Life on Mars and Red Dwarf. Got the Wire and Rome lined up as well.

My attention span suits many episodes of 30mins-hour long short bursts than films. That way I can watch charcters develop and there's more to gain. More to do with a character, different situations/scenarios to explore. (Unless it's a film series like Star Wars etc)

TV series (but not reality shows/soaps etc) > Film.

thx

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Films are much more epic, but I prefer TV as it more accessible.
This. Also usually on weekdays, I often just want to watch something quick for less than an hour or so.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Films. I watch very little in the way of TV. I think I can count them on one hand.

The Apprentice
Lost
Heroes (though I missed the first series and I'm playing "DVD catchup"). I can't be bothered with series 3 mind.

Erm, I think that's it. I used to be an avid Babylon 5 watcher too.

I do watch TV on occasion, but generally find it's only to see if there's a good film on :)

I'll watch three films a week if it's a good week and I can get time. At least one on a bad week.

kimahri

CF Legend
After a bit of a think.

I prefer movies.

I can what them pretty much when ever I want and stuff.

From TV all I watch is cartoons and the occasional Miami Ink, Mythbusters or How it's Made.

So yeah.

Films, Movies, Motion Pictures... what ever.

Ben

CF Legend
Films!

I do like TV, but, don't watch TOO much of it. Kings, Heroes (ugh, though it sucks), Desperate Housewives, The Apprentice, South Park, Family Guy, Quiz-Coms on Dave and occasional random things for one season like Paris Hilton's British Best Friend <3. OH, and Dexter <3. OK, I watch a fair amount of TV. Although, all the American ones I watch when the Americans get them... so not ON a TV... And then there's obviously the things that have finished that I still love: Friends, Will and Grace, Twin Peaks was AWEEEESOOMME, Red Dwarf, Sugar Rush <3

But, films are still better.