What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | unknown | Dynamic Att. SFX Coa

Just now I realized how weird the perspective of that map is. To fit both coasters on the map, they have turned them around entirely. In reality, both of them launch nearly straight outwards from the center of the dome. With this new coaster apparently built in the top-right corner of the map, I wonder how they'll manage to fit in all of them. The "GT Challenge" ride should be outside the map on the bottom-right corner, so I suppose that'll be one to be "relocated".

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Good news :) There will be 3 new coasters.

Coaster 1 we know about is the SFX coaster this thread is about.
Coaster 2 will be an Intamin shuttle coasters inside the dome. The central core that used to hold the Huss drop tower will be home to a track spike from this coaster.
Coaster 3 will also be from Intamin and will be outside the dome in that massive construction area and will be according to the ECC "Very Tall".

Looks like it could be a great year for a visit to Abu Dhabi soon.

Ben

CF Legend

Does this park actually do well? It didn't feel like it did when we were there but that's not particularly accurate...

And what dark ride have they spited? One of the Spidermans?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

When I went the place was packed, and everything was so expensive but still a lot of people were buying things so I'm guess it does rather well know that it is more known.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster

The park is pretty busy. Usually only on a weekend. Yas island has a mall now so loads more people come to the island in general. The dark ride that has gone is called. Driving with the stars. I think. It was lots if cardboard cutouts and some screens Not very good. But I will miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend

Hmm this is all quite exciting. I might have to venture out there at some point.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im completely confused by how a 51° incline starting hill means it will be the steepest out there.

Like..........what?

andrus

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
Im completely confused by how a 51° incline starting hill means it will be the steepest out there.

Like..........what?
World's steepest Intamin cable lift hill? :wink: Perhaps..

This sounds amazing! Saw it on TPR and from what it seems it'll have winged trains à la Skyrush too, sounds amazing! :--D Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first custom looper coming from Intamin in a very long time? Will be very interesting to see what they can come up with!!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Yeah it makes no sense to me either.

Maybe they mean its the worlds steepest drop. And its 51 degrees outside :p

As for the first custom Intamin looper there is also one going to Hainan Marine Park in China this year. So you wait for years for one and then 2 come along at once.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: FW Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Att. SFX Coaste

If its the "Steepest Cable Lift", wouldnt Skyrush or I305 hold that title?

Could it be a twisting styled drop like seen on EGF and Big One? As that seems to make more sense to me...

We need more info stat for this, or at least a little bit more clear details...

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster

I'm driving past the park today so will call In and see if anyone can clarify it a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Just to check but I thought the parks new show was called Mission Ferrari and not this new SFX coaster?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The name of the "World's Steepest Coaster" is going to be called Flying Aces. It'll also have the world's tallest loop at 52 meters(170 feet).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I guess it could be something along the lines of "World's steepest launched incline", like what is used on Maverick. Still, it'd have to be mighty tall to give enough height for a 52-metre loop afterwards. If this is a gravity driven coaster, we're talking heights up to some 70 metres, and I'm not sure if there's that much room around the park.

By the way, is the possibility of an invert ruled out? I don't think there are inverts with a lift hill as steep as 51 degrees out there. Then again, it'd be really, really tall if a 52-metre loop was to follow the lift hill, and if so they'd probably have used "World's largest inverted coaster" rather than "World's steepest lift hill" in marketing.

This coaster makes less and less sense the more I try to think about it...

mouse

Giga Poster

Will the 52 metres be from the bottom of the loop to the top or just the height of the top from the ground?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

andrus said:
World's steepest Intamin cable lift hill?

This is for sure what it is! It since Skyrush have an 50° lift it's very obvious IMO.

andrus

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
andrus said:
World's steepest Intamin cable lift hill?

This is for sure what it is! It since Skyrush have an 50° lift it's very obvious IMO.
Ok, makes sense then! :)

Pokemaniac said:
By the way, is the possibility of an invert ruled out? I don't think there are inverts with a lift hill as steep as 51 degrees out there. Then again, it'd be really, really tall if a 52-metre loop was to follow the lift hill, and if so they'd probably have used "World's largest inverted coaster" rather than "World's steepest lift hill" in marketing.
It will have winged seating, to fit with the "Flying Aces" theme. It's most likely gonna be the same trains as used on Skyrush..

Element115

Roller Poster

What if its a launched incline, would that make it the steepest launch in the world?

Hutch

Strata Poster

If we're talking about "steepest launched incline," wouldn't that record belong to Wicked at Lagoon? ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF3wmZ14R8[/youtube]