What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: FW Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Att. SFX Coaste

Looks like Flying Aces has gone vertical.
First few supports are up.

FW3.jpg

FW1.jpg

Source

Ethan

Strata Poster

This could actually give me a reason to visit Dubai in the near future! Looks promising so far, thank's for posting the update! :)

Ben

CF Legend

^You'll be disappointed when you arrive in Dubai and realise this is in a different Emirate.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

While technically correct Ben (It also annoys me when people think Dubai is the country.)
It is also a bit pedantic as it is only an hours drive away :p (I wouldnt expect anything less from you though Ben :p )

It's basically the equivalent of saying Thorpe Park might give me a reason to visit Essex.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ok, for the anal people, this might give me a reason to visit Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Asia.

andrus

Giga Poster

roomraider said:
Wow! Just wow!! This will be an amazing coaster :--D Lookong forward to see what the giant loop will look like!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Jeez, why do all their coasters have to be so **** ugly? They look awesome, but they're hideous! to look at.

But still, this looks fab! I'm going to guess Skyrush trains to go along with the theme, since they have wings. Not sure if anything's been confirmed but if this is Intamin as it looks (NOT like the track we saw a while back? Is it?) that's what I would guess.

andrus

Giga Poster

^Huh?! This is one of the sexiest looking new coasters opening up and you're saying it is ugly....? :shock:

Anyways; more pictures of this beauty:
dsc00100_1.jpg

dsc00098_4.jpg

dsc00102_3.jpg

Source

Already booking my flight to Abu Dhabi <3 <3 <3

Ben

CF Legend

If that has Skyrush trains it'll be **** incredible.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I wonder if the white colour of the track has something to do with heat absorption. Surfaces painted white will absorb less heat from sunlight (or other sources - there's a reason why many old-fashioned nuclear bombers were white), which means the steel will become slightly less heated and thus the effects of thermal expansion is somewhat lessened. I can imagine that being kind of a big deal for a structure at those latitudes, especially considering all the dynamic loads a coaster is usually subject to.

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Probably one of the most plausible reasons to use white color on all of their coasters. We also have to take in account the park being located in the middle of the desert and that color will quickly start to fade, which would be way less obvious with the coaster being white than of any other color (like blue or red - these would look terrible after a couple of sandstorms...).

Lofty

CF Legend

Truly struggling to understand the layout of this, looks amazing.

Ben

CF Legend

I'm so confused here.

This isn't actually Mission Ferrari is it? That's the SFX thing with the big track this topic started with.

This is Flying Aces, a totally different cred.

Can we get these split?

TilenB

Strata Poster

^ Or we can just rename the whole topic to Ferrari World expansion or something. Might be more suited for it, considering most of the posts in here aren't about Mission Ferrari at all...

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
IMO the 2 coasters should be seperated because they are both very different, seperate and major coasters.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
So just to get this straight...

Mission Ferrari- SFX coaster with thick spine
Flying Aces- White outdoor Intamin with giant loop and possibly Skyrush trains
????- Indoor red launched shuttle coaster

Correct?