What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm not convinced that the ride is "tame" compared to Skyrush.

One thing I've learned after Skyrush is that POV's can be deceiving and can never do the ride justice. Some of you guys think that Flying Aces maneuvers don't look that extreme? Well, take a look at a Skyrush POV. It doesn't look that much faster than Flying Aces when Skyrush goes through its three consecutive twisty transitions, which turned out to be insane elements.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyCSKEqj30o[/youtubevid]

I'm sure Flying Aces will have plenty of very intense moments throughout.

Intricks

Strata Poster
It looks like they've trimmed it way harder than they did for Skyrush to help prevent the restraint from closing further during the course of the ride.

I wont say it looks tamer by any means, but its end feels more B&M than Intamin. Granted, it has just opened, but it makes use of larger turns than those found on Skyrush.

Also, to ask again, do the restraints tighten during the ride or does it not have that issue?

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Benno's great race.

So I got invited down to the official opening day of this new dark ride at Ferrari world Abu Dhabi. I arrived at 2 PM to find the ride was already open and accepting visitors.

You enter into the old racing legends building. It's clear they have done quite a lot of work on the external of the building and the queue line. The queue line consists of three different rooms with scenes setting up the story.

The last room has two screens with the characters explaining the games. The cars themselves seat three in the front and two in the back each person has a laser gun shaped like a wrench with a button on top. These are used in the mini interactive games throughout the ride. The writer uses a trackless system and the cars twist and turn in a very pleasing way.

Once on the ride you are sent off through series of scenes with animatronics and projection screens. At certain points the right vehicle stops in front of a screen and you will have to do one of several tasks ranging from grabbing parts to assemble a car, putting bees back into jars and cutting cobwebs. The interactive system works extremely well and it's very easy to tell which is your icon on the screen and the wrenches vibrate at certain times as well. It's surprising how well they adapt to the different tools in each game and even on the first ride it all feels very natural.

As far as I can tell it's pretty much follows a similar path to the original ride however at times the car drives into a screen and reverses out. The motion system seems very smooth and natural.

The story is fairly simple but works well both for younger children as well as older ones. The variety of interactive games is good and enough to keep anybody occupied. I rode it three times in a row and didn't get bored.

Overall the quality of theming and generally right experience is fantastic I believe the people who themed the queue for flying aces had something to do with this ride as well. It is definitely a world-class dark ride and a very good addition to Ferrari World.

The addition of this ride and flying aces makes the park a lot more attractive. The theming on Italian Street is also top-notch so now it feels more like a proper park rather than just a large aircraft hanger with not a lot in. Once the other two rollercoasters is finally open I think it will be a world-class park again.

Thank you to the people at Ferrari World for allowing me in and allowing me to mount the camera on this ride.

Here are the photos

Ben

CF Legend
Yay, that's great news! Some of their dark rides were great, but, just a bit, weird and missing something cohesive?

Any whispers on when the other two creds will open? Don't really care about the shuttle but I want that SFX coaster so bad.

Dubai_Smoggie

Roller Poster
Apparently phase 2 expansion is complete at Ferrari world with Phase 3 due to be completed early 2017 with 3 new rides, got to assume that the shuttle and SFX coaster are part of phase 3:

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is planning a third phase of expansion which will be completed by early 2017, a senior executive has announced. The expansion will see the addition of three major rides and attractions that "the world has never seen before", according to Jesse Vargas, general manager at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think these pictures show anything we haven't seen before, but here are some pictures of the two new coasters.

Firstly the SFX coaster.

DSC_0262_zps8efe1xj1.jpg

DSC_0263_zpskhxznos9.jpg

This is the best I got of the shuttle coaster.

DSC_0264_zpsqpjzx0jp.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^That "model village" is probably among the worst rides ever, so no problem there. It's a car ride à la RCT, dispatching one two-seat car every 40 seconds or so (note that each car won't necessarily have two people in it). The "scenic" ride takes you past a dozen or so unconnected models of various Italian landmarks. When I went there, I couldn't fathom how the park managed to operate a ride with a capacity of less than two hundred people per hour.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm guessing it's going to be a twisted spiral upwards? It looks good, although, I wanna just see the SFX Coaster :(

Casio

Mega Poster
Anybody want to bet on the final height? It's really hard to gauge how tall it is in the picture because of the spine. I would guess topping out just over 300ft; I guess not overly impressive considering Superman/Tower of Terror are 20 years old next year. I wouldn't be shocked if they try to go for the world record though, not that many people would count a shuttle coaster anyway

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, that's really fab. I'm looking forward to seeing the Intamin Shuttle, it looks so bizarre.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh my, it's amazing.

Both the shuttle and the SFX coaster look so strange. The shuttle is just so obviously and grotesquely crammed in there, and the SFX coaster is so big (it's a lot bigger than it looks in the pictures), that they're making the inside of the building look so silly. I love it.

Ben

CF Legend
What the absolute ****?

That is so weird but cool?

And yeah the SFX Coaster is huge.

I've got one day in UAE in September if these actually open I'll be so torn as to where to spend it!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like the shuttle is going to be called Turbo Track.
http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/leisure/new-thrill-to-open-in-abu-dhabi-in-march-1.1966153

GulfNews said:
A new rollercoaster will be opening at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi on March 27, developer Miral announced on Sunday.

“Turbo Track will open on 27th March. The ride’s tack is 180 metres and it will travel at speed of around 102 km/hr. Almost 600 tonnes of steel has been used on this track,” Mohammad Abdullah Al Zaabi, the Miral CEO told Gulf News.

“What I like about Turbo Track is that it’s the first ride [at Ferrari World] where you start inside, then you go all the way through a tunnel, then it takes you outside, it twists, and goes to height of about 62 meters, it will stop there for about two or three seconds with a nice view of Yas Island and the red roof [Ferrari World’s roof] and you come back,” Al Zaabi explained.

Al Zaabi added the ride is designed with both front facing and rear-facing seats to offer guests two unique experiences and it also includes a free fall sensation for riders.