What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I don't particualy care what happens to the park as long as if it does shut they do something with Formula Rossa other than scrap.

If they do scrap it, The Guiness World Reords would look a bit stupid for world's fastest coaster because:

2009: Kingda Ka

2010: Formula Rossa

2011 or whenever it does shut: Kingda Ka

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well no, wouldn't it go back to Ring Racer at the Nurburgring? Or has that been shut now too?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think we're being a bit quick to jump on the "it's closing" idea.

If you read the article, it shows that the company that own the park has massive debts, generally, that they need to pay off quickly. This park is not their only business. A new park is never going to bring in profit for at least a few years; a few years that they can't afford to wait for.

Yes, it was stupid for a company in debt to build a park in the first place. However, selling it on could actually be a good thing. If (when) this compay goes under, the park isn't going to go under with it if it's been taken on by someone else.

marc

CF Legend
As Gavin said :)

This park cannot close, ferrari and bernie would not allow it to. Again it's in the wrong place it should be in Italy the home of Ferrari.

The company that built it are just having the same problems as the rest of the world.

A

Anonymous

Got a text today from my brother currently in Abu Dhabi saying that he really liked it and that the launch is 2 g's for 4 seconds...

A

Anonymous

^ Nope he didn't, he is flying to Australia today, and I can ask him that once he got internet connection again...

andrus

Giga Poster
Ah ok! I'm glad he liked it anyways :) I think Rossa looks really interesting! It's just that the rest of the park unfortunately looks crap..

A

Anonymous

Asked him with a text yesterday and he replied: -0.8 g's on the first and then 0 g's on the rest...
So ejector on the first and then floater on the rest :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Are you joking yeah? -0.8 is hardly ejector.

And how the hell does he come up with such precise numbers?lol

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^-0.8 is quite intense. Noticably stronger than just floater.

As for the numbers, I'm assuming he took his accelerometer thing on board with him. I seem to remember Loefet saying that he'd made one for his phone. :)

A

Anonymous

^^ anything below 0 g's is defined as ejector, everything between 0 and 1 g's is floater. And as Hixee said, he got his accelerometer on him. He even got forced to take it of on some of the runs :)
It's all a matter of how good you can hide it on some rides :p

^ It's a stand alone unit, with a sensor that is mounted on you chest, I had it with me to Ghosterforce last year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^1g is what you feel at rest. Right now sat in your chair you're feeling 1g. Anything less than that is airtime.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh yeah, duh.

Still find it odd that -0.8 is classed as ejector though. Doesn't PMBO have one -2g moment as you enter the MCBR?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I remember seeing it mentioned somewhere. May have been on that old BBC programme?

It never specified where it was, but I presumed it was coming into the MCBR.