What's new

Favourite Worst Knightmare Trip Reports

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
How has the North West Live treated you? Sun, sea, sand and chips with gravy aplenty I hope?

Post your reports here then :)

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Guess I am the first one then lol.

My report from the day;

Weather: Very warm, then rain, then warm, then chucked it down and then warm again lol.

My Ride Count:

PMBO x5
Infusion x1
Rollercoaster x10
Big Dipper x1
Nash x1
Avalanche x1
Wild Mouse x1
Monorail x1
PBE x1
Alice x1

Highlights:

Rollercoaster & Goldmine OPEN!

Ride close extension from 6pm to 8pm.

Pleasure Beach was very busy in the morning, which resulted in the ride close extension. It was great to see all the rides with large queues today.

PMBO running very well once again!

Meeting up with Coaster Force for the first time in a long time, it was great to see everyone again and I hope to get to another CF Live soon!

Roman on Zipper Dipper being such a laugh with everyone, I didnt go on it, but I was stood by the queue and he was being such a laugh.

Taking the mickey outta 'sanbrooke productions' on youtube. :lol:

Re-riding Rollercoaster in the Blackpool rain invasion!

In the PMBO queueline about 1:20pm;

Stuz: "Scott! Scott! LOOK!!!!"

*Rollercoaster goes round turnaround past Rev*.

Me: "Did I just imagine that?"

Lowlights:

Going home.

Thanks to everyone for a great day, I hope you all enjoyed Pleasure Beach, looking forward to trip reports and photos/videos from tommorow evening!!

:)

Rach

Giga Poster
Bloody hell that was some epic weekend!

Blackpool was a pretty good day, aside from the slip on Magic Mountain and a few other things I throughly enjoyed it!
Valhalla was a great way to end the day! <3

Complying with their silly rule of no tripods, here are the photos from Blackpool, minus me.

p7046875.jpg

p7046876.jpg

Camelot was to say it blatantly a load of crap. That is in terms of the rides and not the people that were there.
The group sort of reminded me of the Scotland Live last year with a small number of people and come crap rides.

Knightmare in that unexpected pouring rain was incredible! Jesus that thing shifted and decided to break my hair band.

I've had to crop the Camelot silly photo as people were wandering around to the sides.

p7056916.jpg

sillygropuresized.jpg

I'll upload my photos and write more within the next few days!

Nic

Strata Poster
LMAO at the Camelot silly photo, particularly Katie! Being where I was, I had no idea what was going on behind me. hehehe

Might do more of a TR tomorrow. No photos at all from me this time, I don't think.

The soppy bit: Thanks to everyone for being there and being great as ever. Well done to Bellend and Big John for the organisation. Thanks to bellend for the sweets and for being my chauffer for the weekend. Cheers to everyone who had to put up with my fat arse on the travelodge floor last night, and to Asda for supplying us with vast quantities of alcohol.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Had a fantastic day at Blackpool. Thanks to Ian and Big John for getting it all together!

Even though we had those end of the world rain showers, it was still lots of fun that day. It was great to see everyone again and cock about like we were 9 years old.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvIlVC87-uY[/youtube]

nadroJ

CF Legend
That's Katie, Karen's daughter. And she doesn't usually look so humpy lol!

Anyway, had yet another great meet up with everyone. Stupid rain once again ruining the day a little bit.

Will's odd shoes are still making me laugh.

Wish I could've rode Nash a few more times, but at least we managed one more before the thing broke down.

On Sunday me and Tom were credit whores and drove up the north west coast riding Big Apples and other various children's rollercoasters. Yay =]

Karen

Hyper Poster
Crikey she does look miserable don't she! Makes up for it on the silly one though tehe.

Excellent weekend even with the soakings!

Aidan says "BUM BUM" to the Blackpool silly piccy hahaha!

Hopefully I'll be making my vid of Camelot shortly.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm finally back after my epic week of coasters.

I'm shattered after over a week of nearly non stop theme parks and over a thousand miles of driving with minimal sleep, but it was all worth it. :)

Another great live, although slightly ruined for me by the news of the loss of a friend at Blackpool. Sorry for being a bit anti social when it chucked it down with rain, and also for missing the meetup at Avalanche, but I just needed some time on my own.

I have a load of pictures but i've not had chance to put them on my PC yet let alone upload them. They'll appear later in the week.

peep

CF Legend
You want a trip report well I'll give it a go, see if I can remember anything :p

Saturday, 4th July - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I was staying at a Travelodge just up the road from the park with Mushroom and Rach. We left the hotel at a silly time to get a good spot at a close car park.

We parked up in the car park and then opted for some MacDonalds breaky. It was yumm, I had pancakes :D We ate the food on the beach which was nice and relaxing.

After a little while we headed to the park, picking up our writsbands and through to the next queue for the entrance (which wasn't open yet). We decided to go and play in the arcade for a bit. Mushy, Rach and I all had a go on the dance mat machine, fun.

The park opened and we met up with more CFers as we went through the entrance. We then spent about 30 mins walking up to PMBO and then walking all the way back to the meeting point at Nash.

We then spent ages saying hello and having random conversations about turnips or something un-related to Blackpool, basically good ol' fashioned CF faff.

The first ride of the day was the wild mouse or whatever it's called. I opted out as I don't have good memories from when I last rode it in '06. I filmed and hung around talking to other CFers who opted out. Will turned up while we were waiting, he was wearing odd shoes, this made everyone lol for some time, silly Will.

After more faff I think Nash was open so we went on that. It was good fun, plenty of air time etc. Annoyingly the train I was in epically failed and we lost the race :(

I believe the next attraction we went on was River caves. It was a very random ride (my first time on it). It liked to use loads of mist. Half way through my boat crashed into another boat of CFers as they decided to slow it down, this caused lots of amusement for all. As we were about to come down the tiny drop outside before the station I turned to the others and asked if it gets you wet. They told me no but due to some evil curse that I have been given my left side got soaked when we hit the bottom of the drop, everyone else - dry. WTF!!!!!!

Next was another indoor dark ride, this time it was the mine type one. It was very random, but it was the very scary ride hosts that was very off-putting. They must have been on some form of drug. I'm all for park staff being happy and talkative but what the crocodile were they babbling on about?

Valhalla was next on the agenda. It had a large queue but most of the group still joined the queue. A few of us decided to sit out of this one. Joey and I decided to go on Derby Racer. It's like a very unique Carousel. I decided to take my camera on and film part of it but I felt really uncomfortable and started to regret that decision lol. As we went round we noticed that everyone wasn't in the queue for Valhalla any more and that most had disappeared, some waiting for me and Joey to come off. Turned out that Valhalla had broken down and Big John had called lunch break. Oh wells.

I spent my lunch break with Peter and Martyn H. We had hot dogs (which were quite nice). We walked past Rollercoaster which was closed, but hang on, what's this? They tested it and then they opened the queue for us. We got on the first train of the day :D It was actually good fun and I enjoyed it, bit bouncy but that's expected. We then got straight on Magic Mountain, wth is that all about? We then went on Zipper Dipper (good fun). Then we walked round towards PMBO where we bumped into Vadge outside the carousel. She was waiting for Sara and Rach to come off the carousel. So we chatted to her for a tad. Peter and Martyn wanted to go on Steeplechase but it had a silly queue so we went and did the maze instead. I was surprised at the size of it, just kept going.

The meet up with the group was outside Big Dipper. We got over to it early and rode it before meeting back up with everyone else. We then waited in the heat while everyone else went on.

Next was Infusion. It was quite a long queue, but as always felt like nothing with all the CFers to talk to. I haven't been on this ride since it was at Southport, it was horrible then and it hasn't improved at all. I just couldn't enjoy it, just pure pain.

We then headed to Rollercoaster but as it was on the way we did the monorail. The monorail was really long and very random. Why exactly does it take you round the back of a warehouse? Very peculiar.

So then everyone did Rollercoaster. Then we headed into Beaver Creek. The weather was turning bad at this point and it was drizzly. The next ride was to be Magic Mountain but then the rain just pelted it down so everyone ran for cover. We ended up staying under this shelter for ages, waiting for the rain to stop. Some peeps still did Magic Mountain. This is also when we took the opportunity to take the group photo. The rain then stopped and so we continued onwards...

Next ride was PMBO.. I joined Mushy, Martyn and Peter for a group photo which involved fizzy drinks, we were also the last of the CF group to get on. As we went up the lift hill we stopped. The ride had broken down :( The rest of the group went on Steeplechase as we waited for the ride to continue. about 15 mins later (didn't feel that long) we got going again. It was fast and very rough. On the turnaround we all got the drinks ready for the ORP. Before we could pose for the ORP we got stuck on the MCBR, urgh. After a min or two we were going again and we posed how we planned for the ORP. You'll probably see the result when Martyn or Peter upload it.

The next ride was Bling. I couldn't be bothered to go on though and I filmed a few other rides instead.

The group then split for a shorter tea break. A small group of us went on Revolution of the Irn-Bru variety. I quite enjoy it, very random. We then watched it go round loads while waiting for the meet up outside Avalanche. Some of us got creeped out by the evil clown of doom and spam.

So obviously our next ride was the previously mentioned Avalanche. It was not a fun ride. I sat in a car with Will, the lap bar just kept getting tighter and tighter on me belly which was a horrible experience.

Anyway we then walked round and went on the train. It was good fun, full of laughs and mexican waves.

We then went round and did Zipper Dipper where the ride op was very enthusiastic, he = lol.

We then spent some faff time in the area which was funny.

The group decided to now do Revolution again, which was still good.

The group then split for the evening, some went home, some did Nash and some did Valhalla. I opted for Nash.

Nash was still good but for the second time I was in the stupid train which lost. Once off it all got a bit random and there were just CFers everywhere lol. Mark and I had to wait for Rach to get off Valhalla though which wasn't too long at all.

Overall a great day, there were loads of fun times and a great vibe amongst the group all day despite the 'bisexual' weather.

Sunday 5th July - Camelot

Mark and I arrived a little before park opening. We bumped into Martyn H and Peter in the queueline for tickets. There were loads of peeps waiting to get in which was slightly worrying. Other CFers slowly began to join the queues too.

After a while we all met up inside the entrance. It was a nice little entrance area and I had no idea what was to come. We spent the time faffing with stuff purchasing in their store like an inflatable hammer, water pistols and a soft toy of Brian Griffin (from Family Guy).

The first thing we did was the dodgems inside the castle building. It was good fun but a shame we all didn't get on them at the same time. We also played on the crane machines to win Mushroom, we failed :(

We then had a small trek down the steep hill to our first coaster of the day, the very unique diesel powered dragon. It was just random and it didn't really do anything apart from make loads of diesel style smoke. eww.

We then had another trek over to the next part of the park. We did the small dragon coaster thing which we got a whole three circuits on!

It was then time for what I had been looking forward to the most...Knightmare. What do I think of it? Fast and painful. I thought the banked MCBRs were fun and that every ride should have them :p

We then spent some time faffing and playing in the arcade. 2p machines for the win! Ian and a few others also got the potato curled things which are apparently amazing. Phill and Katie went on Excalibur 2 which looked like pure pain. When they got off we faffed a bit more and then went on their spinning coaster, Whirlwind. It is meant to be the same layout as Crush's coaster at WDS in Paris which I absolutely love but this was abysmal. It was rough and didn't spin enough, very bad. :(

We then went to get the last credit, the big apple or whatever they called it. On the way there we saw part of the show but it wasn't very good. We finally got on the coaster, we did several Mexican waves which were good fun. Unfortunately this is where Ian, Vadge and Sara left us. After we all said our goodbyes the rest of us headed back towards food.

On the way some of the group opted for the mega slides which looked awesome. Peter, Martyn and I watched peeps win and fail at this game so Peter and Martyn gave it a go to win a Mushroom but failed :(

After everyone got off we went to Wimpy. It was nice food but it was a tad pricey.

Most members of the group then wanted ice cream, it looked yummy. Martyn epically failed and managed to drop a large piece of his ice cream on the floor.

Time for more Knightmare now. As we were queuing the rain clouds began to get closer. We were next to get on and the heavens opened, so much rain, everyone got drenched within minutes. Some CFers went round and as they came back in the station I really didn't want to ride lol, they were all soaked right through. I went round, was uber fast but I couldn't see anything because I had too much rain in my eyes. After getting off I noticed my thumb was bleeding, somehow it cut me thumb, very random.

Anyways we hid under some shelter for a tad but to try and get dry now was a pointless idea. A little bit later and it was sunny again. We decided to call it a day anyway. We did however spend ages in the store playing with random tat.

We then said our goodbyes and split.

It was another awesome day, made by the peeps, not by the park. The park was rubbish, the ride selection was small and they were all either not very exciting or painful. The layout of the park was also very random. That doesn't matter though, just had an awesome day out.

Massive thanks go to Ian and Big John for organising the weekend, awesome job guys! Mr Raybould for liftage and for sorting me out with somewhere to stay over the weekend. Also to everyone who made it such a great time. Also congrats if you managed to read all of this :D

Btw I should have my video ready within the next couple of days.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Blackpool
LOLs
  • Willy's choice of footwear.
  • The fact that the train I was on THRASHED the other one on the Nash.
  • PMBO hurtling around, throwing the train into the trims. I swear it left the track!
  • The insane rain! It hammered down. Standing around in the whip (overpronoucing the H) was great fun.
  • Trying to get a Rach/Raybould shout out on the park radio.
  • 2p machines, spending ages and ££s trying to win crappy plastic tat.
  • Butchering La Roux's song by doing over the top ooohhh-wooos!
  • The airtime on Big Dipper, never notcied that before.
  • Sitting looking sexy with my shirt off drinking loads of Sprite.
  • "C(H)UNTY" t-shirt - wait for the photo if John posts it!
  • Talking to everybody - smashing sized group - and seeing Bicko and ain@me again.
  • Trying to get Tanya's boobs to fall out on Wild Mouse.
  • Trying to get Vadge to eat my battered chicken flavoured gonads.
  • The ride op that lives on Zipper Dipper - legend.
  • General atomosphere in the park and banter between members.
  • The new fountains - they're amazing and a thrill to walk through!
  • A lovely lunch break at a nearbny chippie and a walk on the south pier.
  • Some members stuck on PMBO. Was hoping for rain :p

D'OHs
  • Only getting two rides on Nash before it broken down.
  • Valhalla's queue and breakdown. Couldn't be arsed to ride it at the end of the day.
  • Not hearing the Rach/Raybould shout out.

Camelot
LOLs
  • 2p machines again and winning £7 on a fruit machine :D
  • Twirly potato things. Nom!
  • Squashing Vadge on the Diesel Dragon.
  • The seemingly endless ride on the Junion Dragon Coaster.
  • The amount of muslims in the park which thankfully didn't end up making it too busy.
  • Water pistols - for about 10 mins.
  • The fact that group were not bothered about riding, apart from grabbing the credits.
  • The Brian Griffin thing. Yes, I found that funny, especially his coaster count.
  • Those rotund sweets and the fact that half of them were used for entertainment rather than eating!

D'OHs
I don't have a list of d'ohs for the day out really, just one huge complaint. The park is utter bollocks. Long queue to get in - open the other turnstiles FFS. The rides looks worn and tired, are not thrilling and have no rerideaility (if that's a word). The layout is stupid. The food is poor. It doesn't feel like a theme park, it feels like a travelling fair and a **** one at that. Even though I had a long drive home to "look forward to", once the rides were done, I wanted to leave.

The Blackpool day for me is up there with the Paultons day in terms of rides, park quality and member interaction and mood. Camelot was a mistake and even if it does stay open for a few more years (as a few members of staff said), I certainly wouldn't head back.

Cheers to Big John for running Blackpool. Sara for roof-over-head on Friday night and darlin' Vadge for her wonderful travelling company. As always, many thanks to everybody who turned up and made an effort to smile and enjoy the weekend!

Can't wait to see some more photos and a few videos.

Rach

Giga Poster
Right then, here we go for the epic trip reports.

First stop shall of course be Pleasure Beach.

Highs
- Seeing everyone again
- Will's footwear
- Playing escape the goons with Nic and Sara :p
- Doing 1 full 360 degree rotation on Bling and nearly getting a second
- Rowan on Zipper Dipper, what a ledge!
- Getting on Valhalla again as I hadn't been on it for over two years

Lows
- Falling over (more on this later)
- Having to leave

So we left the Travelodge in the middle of Blackpool and headed for Pleasure Beach.
No one was in the car parking booth, so we ended up paying £5 for parking, rather than the £7 charged by Pleasure Beach.
We dumped the car and headed back along the promenade to McDonalds where we grabbed breakfast and ate it on the beach.

5616_1169121624880_1133143676_513767_3539043_n.jpg

Having consumed breakfast, we headed back to Pleasure Beach to beat the queues on getting wristbands, we got there walked straight in and was served straight away.

We went and played on the Dance Machines for a while before entering the park at 10 and going for a wander round before heading back to meet up.

5616_1169121704882_1133143676_513769_7448298_n.jpg

We were going to do T'Big Un, but it was suffering a bit and thus didn't open up at half 10 as planned.

5616_1169121864886_1133143676_513773_6722039_n.jpg

5616_1169122064891_1133143676_513778_3194834_n.jpg

5616_1169122104892_1133143676_513779_84028_n.jpg

5616_1169122144893_1133143676_513780_5694742_n.jpg

We found a water machine that was a bit broken where Peter and Martyn decided to try and soak us. The staff on the stalls around there thought it was amusing.

5616_1169122224895_1133143676_513782_460420_n.jpg

More watching, waiting and photographing took place for the next 10 minutes.

5616_1169122264896_1133143676_513783_2605484_n.jpg

5616_1169122344898_1133143676_513785_5973467_n.jpg

So we headed back to Nash to meet up with everyone else. Some members were there already so I caught up with Nicky and consumed some of Ian's sweets which were nom!

Our first ride was Mouse as Nash was closed until 11.

I love this Mouse as it is so lethal but still a bundle of fun. The bruise count started as soon as I got off it and continued to grow as the day progressed.

5616_1169122384899_1133143676_513786_540098_n.jpg

5616_1169122464901_1133143676_513788_5628307_n.jpg

5616_1169122544903_1133143676_513790_6580656_n.jpg

5616_1169122584904_1133143676_513791_214770_n.jpg

5616_1169122624905_1133143676_513792_6145627_n.jpg

While we are waiting to ride Mouse, Will turns up with Lain and Borg. Someone (Ian maybe) makes a comment about his 'school shoes' and then proceeds to notice that they are in fact two different shoes!
We all LOLed a lot at this.

5616_1169122704907_1133143676_513794_4788403_n.jpg

5616_1169122744908_1133143676_513795_1606748_n.jpg

With Nash now open, we head over for a ride on that and once the train I was on spectacularly won over the other train, we came off to notice a rather huge fountain now working.

5616_1169122784909_1133143676_513796_7392452_n.jpg

It looked very moist and therefore no one from CF ran straight through the middle, but these spanners did.

5616_1169122824910_1133143676_513797_3796660_n.jpg

Our next stop was to be River Caves, which as always were very boring. But another reason why I love the Blackpool Lives so much, they're always full of quirky rides.

At this point I decided to put my SLR away and got the compact out.

5616_1169123824935_1133143676_513821_6207858_n.jpg

5616_1169123864936_1133143676_513822_194023_n.jpg

5616_1169123904937_1133143676_513823_1562883_n.jpg

River Caves proceeded to wet only my shoe which I was happy about.
We then got off and watched everyone else get eyed up by this scary looking model.

5616_1169122944913_1133143676_513800_5153235_n.jpg

5616_1169122864911_1133143676_513798_4344559_n.jpg

5616_1169122984914_1133143676_513801_5932413_n.jpg

We then done the Gold Mine where the ride ops were being a little over enthusiastic and scaring us all slightly. What the hell were they on?!
Gold Mine proceeded to bore me.

We headed to Alice but not before a crucial toilet stop. This is another reason why Big John is ace at organising Lives!
We then had to wait for Tanya.

5616_1169124024940_1133143676_513826_4156312_n.jpg

5616_1169124064941_1133143676_513827_7779574_n.jpg

After a ride on Alice, our intentions were to go ride Valhalla, but as per usual it was suffering down time and no boats had gone out of the station or come back.
Everyone unponchoed themselves and headed for some grub.

Me, Sara and Nic headed for BK closely followed by Raybould. But we lost Raybould and ended up with just us three eating together.
Me and Sara went on the vintage carousel thing next to T'Big Un before thinking it would be a good idea to go for a ride on Avalanche.

While Vadge peed, me and Sara headed to Avalanche and waited for her to come back. When she did, we were greeted by a queue of about 20 minutes that would take us right up to meet up again.
But we waited anyway knowing that the group wouldn't go on anything else until we were there.

5616_1169123064916_1133143676_513803_1252135_n.jpg

I love Avalanche, it was a really fun ride and not as painful as what it is when you're sharing and at the front.

We headed over to Dipper/Infusion where Infusion was the first ride. This queue was also about 20 minutes long where me, Nicky and Will remembered some of the events from the past Lives including GF IV, Oakie and many others.
Many laughs were had up until we got on said ride.

5616_1169123144918_1133143676_513805_4137483_n.jpg

My god, that thing has got rough since last season! It was really smooth when we road it at the last Live in the night and was fantastic, but not this time.
It really bloody hurt! This ride added more bruises to my collection and even one on my hand where I walloped it off the bars to the sides of the seats.

Slightly dazed from Infusion, our next stop was Dipper which was actually pretty fun.

5616_1169123184919_1133143676_513806_434949_n.jpg

5616_1169123224920_1133143676_513807_4891922_n.jpg

Me and Sara forgot to leave our sunglasses with the bag ladies, so had to be inventive with what we done with them.
Our first idea was to stick them down our tops, but then we realised that with the airtime, they would probably break.
Next was to hold them, that plan wasn't going to work either as we needed to hold on.
The next best thing was to clip them over our bra straps! That worked very well and we quite enjoyed riding it despite being right at the back of the train.

Moving on again, we were en route to RolaCola, when we decided to do the monorail rather spontaneously.
The seats hurt our arse's and we soon got bored of the monorail going through warehouses.

We could see the rain approaching from over the sea and the rides looked fantastic against the sky.

5616_1169123264921_1133143676_513808_735111_n.jpg

Aloha indeed, shark and turtle sex!

5616_1169123304922_1133143676_513809_6260337_n.jpg

During our ride on the monorail, it started to spit of rain, but soon gave over and we headed for a ride on RolaCola where I told Nic and Sara about the restraint-less trains they used to have on it.

Managing to fit us all on it, we enjoyed our ride on it before heading over to a must for any Blackpool Live; Magic Mountain!

While most of the female participants headed for the nearby toilets, we came out and noticed that the heavens had indeed opened and the rain was chucking it down.
Some of us braved the queue for Magic Mountain with ponchos and in my case an umbrella.
The umbrella was not significant enough to keep me dry and Nic lent me her spare poncho which I hastily put on!

There was not enough room on the train for me, Nic was going to give up her seat, but I let her have it and this is where it went wrong for me.
Trying to escape the station and head for cover where the other CFers had got to, I managed to lose my footing and skid down the exit ramp on my knee.

The knee I skidded on got wet, while the other leg went straight into the turnstile! It hurt a lot and the bruise came up almost instantly.
Only a couple of people saw me end up on the floor including John and Tanya. But I saw the funny side of it straight away.

We sheltered for about 15 minutes to allow the rain to give over where we messed round under the shelter.
We decided to do the group photos there and then to get them out the way. Blackpool don't like tripods, so I was forced to do it manually. Never mind, it's only a photo.

5616_1169123344923_1133143676_513810_591599_n.jpg

5616_1169123384924_1133143676_513811_254310_n.jpg

5616_1169123424925_1133143676_513812_7296171_n.jpg

Eventually getting sick of the shelter and the rain now more or less stopped, we headed to PMBO as we thought it would be a lot quicker, and it was!
It was actually quite fun and I enjoyed being chucked into the transitions.

With all of us but 4 being on the one train, we waited for Raybould, Peep, Martyn and Peter to get off. However, their train got stuck for 15 minutes on the lift hill which enabled us to get a quick ride of Steeplechase.

Everytime I ride it, it just feels so unsafe. But whatever happens in the future, I hope to god that ride stays and it is so unique and special.

We all booed as we saw PMBO go up the lift hill and then cheered for a moment as it stopped on the MCBR, then booed again.
We got off to much annoying gloating from them which I managed to block out entirely. :D

Moving onto Bling, only 9 of us decided to do this. The people that sat out decided to call a shorter tea break with a few members hanging around to mind bags.

The 9 of us got on with me, Peter, Nicky, Phil and Katie on one arm. I always have a soft spot for Bling and as it was spinning around at the top, the 5 of us felt it go 360 degrees leaving us quite enthusiastic. It then almost done it a second time too, but it didn't. :(

We went for a quick wee break before I went to meet up with Ian, Sara, Nic, John and Tanya in the arcade opposite Rev for 10 minutes before heading back to Avalanche for another go.

I managed to avoid all stomach crushing up until the final twist in which it really started to dig in. I sat with Sara this time round and agreed to go on the front as she done the front earlier.
I still love Avalanche though. =]

Once everyone had got off, we decided to do the cho cho train as a bit of a different thing to do.
Much Mexican waving took place as we went round which was a great laugh.

5616_1169123584929_1133143676_513815_3038043_n.jpg

5616_1169123624930_1133143676_513816_1594117_n.jpg

Cho cho provided us with some quite good shots of various rides there and it was a nice and relaxing thing to do.

5616_1169123664931_1133143676_513817_5613486_n.jpg

5616_1169123704932_1133143676_513818_458805_n.jpg

5616_1169123784934_1133143676_513820_7038884_n.jpg

Finishing on the Cho Cho we headed to Rev for a quick go. While waiting to go on Rev, I noticed that the fountains on the front of Valhalla were working which made me want to get off Rev quicker to go and see if anybody wanted a ride.

5616_1169123464926_1133143676_513813_5768329_n.jpg

Rev passed quickly before we split up. Some of the group headed for home, while some headed for to whore Nash (which later broke) and the rest of us headed to Valhalla.

Myself, John, Karen, Phil and Katie were the only ones brave enough to go for a ride on it.
We queued for about 20 minutes before getting on and preparing ourselves to get very wet.

The water level at the bottom of the boat was up to the seats or near enough there which was awkward to put your feet down.
I ended up using the ledge on the side, which while on the drops didn't help as I slipped forward and still ended up wet.

The poncho Ian lent me kept me near enough dry apart from me feet and one side of my leg. Many thanks for letting me borrow that. =]

Once we got off the ride, we headed to the arcade opposite Nash where we said our goodbyes to those that were left and headed for the car park.

We put the name of the road the Travelodge was on into the Sat Nav rather than the postcode. Doesn't take a genius to work out which would've been easier.
We ended up driving half way down the road (which the next day we learnt was the way to Camelot) before Einstein put the postcode in Sat Nav. :p

We eventually got there after a quick stop at the local Asda, by which time I had become exhausted and my legs didn't fancy walking anymore.
Sleep was the one thing I desperately needed after that.

I had a brilliant day at Pleasure Beach, it was amazing!

Many thanks to Big John for the organisation of the Live. Ian for the sweets and online organisation.
Mushroom for driving me there and everyone else that was there for a truly fantastic day.

There are a few more photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... ba7bebfcf8

Shall probably do the Camelot one tonight or tomorrow. =]

Ollie

CF Legend
Hurray. Great PTR Rach. Shame about your little slip but I bet an amazing ride on Valhalla made up for it. :)
Valhalla = <3

peep

CF Legend
Woop, Karen that was awesomes! Lol, glad someone caught that rain on camera. ROFL at Brian Girffon getting chucked off the kids coaster, does this mean he only got half a credit? :p

Rach

Giga Poster
Well this topic is popular. :?

Great video Karen, likewise with John, glad you caught that rain on camera!

Let's have a Camelot report shall we.

Highs
- New park meaning new coasters
- 100th coaster
- Weather
- Faff

Lows
- The rides
- Epic rain

After a rather hurried morning, I left the Travelodge in Chorley in the back of Ian's car. It seemed to make a lot more sense that I went with him and Vadge as we were sharing a BOGOF.

After a quick petrol stop on the way there, we made it in plenty of time where we were greeted with a fairly large queue for tickets. This was unusual for Camelot to have queues for the tickets and the entrance.

I'm guessing that there was some sort of event on at Camelot on Sunday as there was a higher than usual number of Sikhs there. Nevertheless, we went ahead with the day and we started with queueing to get into the park.

Open more turnstiles please Camelot!
So eventually we got through where we sat on a wall for some time while waiting for Karen, Phil and Katie to arrive.
We consumed many of Ian's sweets which became sickly and for entertainment purposes only as the day went on.

5616_1169160225845_1133143676_513931_7119051_n.jpg

Once we had everybody, our first ride was the Dodgems in the entrance plaza which were a lot of fun!
We played pass the Brian (or Brain as I was spelling it on Facebook aye Nic :p) between the CF cars and at one point ended up on the floor.

While waiting for the other CFers that had just missed the main bulk of CFers, we occupied ourselves with crane machines where eventually we gave up after winning nothing.

After a walk down the hill, our first coaster was the diesel powered coaster thingy which was random and diesely. Me and Sara being the only two left managed to just get on the train with John and Tanya separating and us two sharing with them.

5616_1169161105867_1133143676_513952_1074525_n.jpg

After inhaling diesel, our next stop was to the Junior Dragon Coaster in the corner of the park so I could get my 100th as selected.
We took over the train and had about 3 laps of said ride.

5616_1169160305847_1133143676_513933_6302707_n.jpg

5616_1169160345848_1133143676_513934_2170331_n.jpg

5616_1169160385849_1133143676_513935_843329_n.jpg

After the Junior coaster, our next stop was the shop. I purchased a Strawberry and Tropical Calipo thing not realising our intention was to go ride Knightmare next.

5616_1169159385824_1133143676_513910_5650652_n.jpg

Said ride had a 5 minute queue which letme eat half of my ice lolly and then I had to prop it up in my camera bag while on Knightmare.

I had no idea what to expect from this, but I thought it would be better than it actually was. The sticky out bit looks as if it should be smooth, but it just isn't!
The psycho drop was pretty fun, but then I just found it went very meh as it carried on.

Getting off it, we faffed for about half an hour, but no one really cared as we had nothing better to do.
Ian was waiting for the twisty potatoes to warm up, and until then we played in the arcades with 2p machines trying to win random keyrings out of them.

Getting bored of them, I thought we should do the group photos while the sun was still out and we were all together. So we did do them!

5616_1169159705832_1133143676_513918_7380024_n.jpg

5616_1169159745833_1133143676_513919_7903832_n.jpg

5616_1169159785834_1133143676_513920_51656_n.jpg

We then faffed for a bit while Phil and Katie went on the painful ride also known as Excalibur 2.

5616_1169159865836_1133143676_513922_3772610_n.jpg

5616_1169159945838_1133143676_513924_4295236_n.jpg

5616_1169159985839_1133143676_513925_7814622_n.jpg

5616_1169160025840_1133143676_513926_5272542_n.jpg

Again, while we waited for Phil and Katie to come off Excalibur, we occupied ourselves with playing with some of Ian's sweets.

First were the glasses that didn't really work.
5616_1169160545853_1133143676_513939_7115514_n.jpg

Then we noticed Taylor came over to see us. :lol:
5616_1169160585854_1133143676_513940_3263816_n.jpg

Then they went into drinks through the straws.
5616_1169160665856_1133143676_513942_7459138_n.jpg

And eating them
5616_1169160625855_1133143676_513941_5370885_n.jpg

5616_1169160825860_1133143676_513946_7527371_n.jpg

Once Katie and phil were finished, we headed over to get a dosage of pain on Whirlwind. Which was rattly, not at all spinney and painful!
It hurt me, Sara and Nic and we were certain we didn't want another ride on that lethal thing.
Not to mention the fact it was wobbling as the cars went around.

5616_1169160105842_1133143676_513928_4146980_n.jpg

We faffed a bit more while we waited for Tanya again.
Big John looked all innocent while we were waiting.

5616_1169160145843_1133143676_513929_1140424_n.jpg

5616_1169160905862_1133143676_513948_2151541_n.jpg

Peter loves his Brian.

5616_1169161025865_1133143676_513950_3576871_n.jpg

5616_1169161065866_1133143676_513951_5769628_n.jpg

We walked back to the last coaster which was the Caterpillar thing by the entrance.
En route we stopped briefly to watch the jousting and soon got bored so carried on our little walk.

5616_1169161145868_1133143676_513953_961279_n.jpg

5616_1169161305872_1133143676_513957_6676555_n.jpg

So we went on the Caterpillar coaster which was as average as it could be.
Following that, we bid farewell to Ian, Sara and Nic who got ready to head home.

The rest of stayed for a few more hours, while everyone but Peep, Peter, Martyn and Andy headed for a 20 minute queue for the boat things that got you down the hill quickly.
These were fun and I didn't get at all wet! Not even a wet arse!

We headed for Wimpy where we purchased food and sat and talked for about half hour.
Our intention was to head to Knightmare, but got side tracked by the ice cream shop.
Were we sat and ate ice creams getting steadily more sun burnt.

Having finished ice creams, we head for Knightmare now.
While in the 20 minute queue, the skies got steadily darker.

5616_1169161385874_1133143676_513959_1641337_n.jpg

Just before the first lot of us were due to get on, we noticed a rather lot of rain falling from the sky. (Equivalent to what we got on Air at the Alton Live and the day before at Blackpool).
The first lot of us got on where the ride ops seemed happy and said that it'll be much faster.

I was sitting next to Mushroom who sounded like he was having an orgasm over the ride. (It wasn't that good!).
The ride flew, and I mean flew around the track. Hands were covering our eyes all the way round and it broke my headband on that sticky out bit.

This is what we looked like after we got off it!

5616_1169161465876_1133143676_513961_8227098_n.jpg

5616_1169161505877_1133143676_513962_2152811_n.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what Tanya is unhappy about, but I think it was the rain.

Phil and Karen were on the front of the next train round. They were very brave to go through with it!

5616_1169161625880_1133143676_513965_856630_n.jpg

There they are sitting on the break run having survived the ride!
Everyone was very wet, Tanya noticed my top had gone see through, luckily the underwear colour was the same as the t-shirt.

Stupidly, I put on the jacket I had with me, which came straight back off as it was seeping through the jacket. With a bit of help from Tanya as the t-shirt was stuck!

After we had all finished, we headed back towards the exit of the park, not before stopping off at the ghost train where we walked through half of it as it broke, toilets and in the shop where we were messing around with various helmets!

5616_1169161665881_1133143676_513966_6312042_n.jpg

5616_1169161705882_1133143676_513967_2669283_n.jpg

And then messing around with Out of Order signs.

5616_1169161745883_1133143676_513968_7034028_n.jpg

And that was it!
We left the park and made our way home!

Ma00sive thanks to:
Big John and Ian for their organisation.
Ian for the lift to Camelot and the sweets.
Mushroom for the lift and the hotels.
Peep for keeping me company and having someone to talk to through Mushy's terrible snoring!
And everyone that went to both days, twas a fantastic Live!