What's new

Favourite theme park YouTube channels or theme park-related source of entertainment

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a thread like this, but I just felt like discussing some things which have become far more prominent within the theme park community over the last couple of years; theme park-related YouTube channels. More specifically, which ones do you guys like? I've also decided to broaden the topic title a bit, as I know that not everyone likes to watch theme park YouTubers. I'll get the ball rolling with some of my personal favourites:
  • Theme Park Worldwide (Shawn Sanbrooke) for his Vlogs and TPW Weekly, amongst other things.
  • Coaster Studios (Taylor Bybee) for his in depth Coaster Analyses and reviews as well as his hilarious Coaster Parodies! His recent cinematic videos have also been of outstanding quality!
  • Defunctland (Kevin Perjurer) for his outstanding documentaries.
  • RampagingRex Productions, also for his outstanding documentaries.
  • CoasterForce (of course! ;)) for its awesome POVs and off ride videos! The quality of these is some of the best you will find on YouTube, so well done @ECG! Must also give a mention to @furie for that hilarious "Are you a roller coaster enthusiast?" video that the channel did a couple of years back, Mark Evans for the documentaries and to @Hyde (I think?) for the Table of Elements series!
  • Coaster Bot for his "what is" series.
  • Koaster Kids (Logan Joiner) for the in-depth reviews that he does of rides, including the Logan Scream Scale!
  • I know that this one will get me a fair bit of slack, but I actually think that Theme Park Review's (Robb Alvey's) YouTube channel is kind of underrated, going off the YouTube channel alone! While it's definitely not my favourite YouTube channel, his POVs are good quality and his commentaries sometimes make me laugh!
  • Another channel that I discovered recently that's really grown on me is Pleasure Beach Experience (@Scott88). Their Vlogs are great and I like PBE Monthly, too!
So those are my personal favourite theme park YouTubers! Who are you guys' personal favourites?

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
CoasterForce and Defunctland. Those are pretty much the only channels I watch religiously as their uploads are quality and genuinely interesting.

As for the rest, as I'm an adult, many of the other channels are either amateur tabolid crap built for teenagers or are simply boring.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, for me it's CoasterForce (it was the YouTube channel that even led me to these forums) and Theme Park Crazy (his lists are surprisingly good and well researched, as was the video about Vertigo in WB he posted a while ago). Don't care about most of the others...

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Theme Park Worldwide, TheTimTracker, and Defunctland are among my favorites. My go-to channel for POV's is usually SoCal Attractions 360.

I really can't stand Coaster Studios and I'd actually wager to say that he's detrimental to the community. He's responsible for giving weight to the idea that if a park isn't adding a coaster every other month, it's somehow "neglected" and that gives enthusiasts a right to bitch about it on social media. His parodies are pretty cringeworthy, though I guess I'm not in the age demographic for that (8-12).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
CoasterForce is pretty much the only one I follow. The quality of the catalogue in North America and Europe (although to a slightly lesser extent) is outstanding.

I'll occasionally have a look at Coaster Bot, but only if it pops up as a suggested video that takes my fancy.

As much as I don't like Alvey very much, and can't bear the toxicity of TPR, their YouTube channel is excellent in terms of global coverage. Unless we can get several major expeditions out to Asia, they're always going to have us beat there.

@Matt N, the Table of Elements series was a collaboration between @Hyde and me. :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Actually yes, how could I forget! Mushroom Productions is one of those ones where I do enjoy watching for some genuine feeling reviews. Mushy might be a great big goon, and his footage isn't quite as flashy as the other channels, but his reviews all strike me as feeling quite honest. They're especially fun (thinking particularly to the Icon, Lech and Taron videos) to see the excitement. They're not as frequent, but I do always watch them when they're posted, so that's got to count for something!

Snoo

The Legend
Actually yes, how could I forget! Mushroom Productions is one of those ones where I do enjoy watching for some genuine feeling reviews. Mushy might be a great big goon, and his footage isn't quite as flashy as the other channels, but his reviews all strike me as feeling quite honest. They're especially fun (thinking particularly to the Icon, Lech and Taron videos) to see the excitement. They're not as frequent, but I do always watch them when they're posted, so that's got to count for something!

Plus, as a CFer, I value his opinion and having known him for a LONG time, think he is an educated mess of deliciousness. :p

kenny cook

Mega Poster
While I'm not sure I have an exact favorite, overall, I enjoy people who do unique stuff. I'm honestly over the low quality review every 12 year old and their mother are doing at this point, so to see something completely unique and fresh, like rob's rides and theme park crazy, is a solid win in my book

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Going to chime in on Defunctland, it's a brilliant channel for in-depth knowledge about eras gone by. For reads, I occasionally go to Theme Park Tourist; although that site is 99 % clickbait related to the Orlando parks, the remaining 1 % is pretty good articles if you can find it.

CoasterForce is, of course, the primary source of POV videos. And forum discussions.

Oh, and does RCDB count as entertainment? Lots of cool stuff (pictures, that is) to be found there too.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
CF, Mushy and Jordan. CF's POVs are good quality and not full of **** commentary. Mushy knows his onions and is always honest but sometimes overrates rides. Jordan I mainly read the blog but will watch the odd thing. I much rather listening to people I know and like's opinions, as they are genuine.

Shoutout to the Drunk Riders, I don't listen to any other podcast than you guys.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh, and does RCDB count as entertainment? Lots of cool stuff (pictures, that is) to be found there too.
It does in my eyes! If it's entertainment to you, then it counts!

As strange as it might sound, I sometimes spend quite a long time scrolling aimlessly through RCDB.

Matt N

CF Legend
That sounds strange? I do it all the time..
Relieving to know that I'm not the only one who does it! Do a lot of enthusiasts do it, then? I thought I would be alone in doing that. but obviously not.

Another theme park-related entertainment source for me is listening to theme park music. I personally find it very relaxing while I'm doing work or browsing the forums.