What's new

Favourite Park Entrance

ThomVD

Giga Poster
What is your fave park entrance/entrance building?

For me it's Tivoli's. It's so stunning. The detail, the lighting, the torches... It's both simple and detailed at the same time.

22042194_892868594197309_2190411517037985853_o.jpg

22047947_892868367530665_19691185757088291_o.jpg

22089549_892869600863875_3970294816734375823_n.jpg

22041892_892869170863918_3755780317377193366_o.jpg

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
The award for my favorite (of the ones I've been to) is Cedar Point's (No, Not biased). Gatekeeper flying over the entrance is a stunning visual as it flies through the keyholes over the front gate! The plaza complements it very well!

Least favorite? Well, King's Island's is pretty trash when it's not the Haunt. I guess Invertigo looks pretty good a the entrance!

Edward M

Strata Poster
I mean, Disneysea is pretty hard to beat. That view of Mount Prometheus over the water, unbeatable. That just has to be my favorite. However, I do also love the traditional Disney castle park opening.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Efteling's main entrance building is fantastic but favourite overall entrance has to be Alton Towers. Not so much the actual building but the view of the lake and the towers once onto Towers Street is fantastic!

Legoland Windsor is also quite nice, mostly nostalgia from visiting as a young children but the view from the top of the hill on a clear day is brilliant.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Cedar Point's entrance is a clear statement: we are into roller coasters and we are going to show it off.

The keyholes towering above the turnstiles and having a train of 32 people screaming their heads off just as you are about to enter is quite something.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Efteling's crazy thatch is the best entrance buidling for me. It's huge and sometimes has acrobats in it performing on ribbons above the ticket booths. At night, it's lit up like a portal to a mythical world.

efteling-entrance.jpg

Best entrance views have to be Alton (the view of the castle and the lake from Towers Street is hard to beat) and Disney Sea (the first glimpse of the volcano through the arch which then opens up into a huge dramatic scene). Speed monster over Tusenfryd is also pretty good.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The lack of photographs in this thread is disappointing.

I'd like to throw a vote in for Carowinds "new" entrance (post Fury). The way Fury wraps around the entrance and flies above and below the paths is brilliant.

joNhxi6.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Another vote for Efteling; especially at night! <3

Also, though not one of my favourites, especially with how much they've butchered the pre-turnstile area at the moment, Thorpe's entrance has a lot of potential. Crossing over the bridge, seeing all the rides, etc is something which is actually really nice. It falls short for a few reasons, but it definitely has the foundations to be something truly special if they put a bit more effort in it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I love Liseberg's entrance too!

Tusenfryd's is quite cool with Speed Monster sashaying above the entrance.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I get that Liseberg's kinda art deco but 1. It's pink and 2. I've never really liked the random big tower thing that's just kind of on its own, often with a giant green rabbit on it. The main thing I dislike though is the whole concrete area in front of the entrance. There's no real plaza, just this vast bit of concrete on the street.

Don't get me wrong, once your in, it has one of the most beautiful views up the hill to Helix and Liserbergbanen, it's just the turnstiles I dislike.

goteborg-entrance-to.jpg

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I have to disagree about Liseberg's entrance, I really like it :) - the art deco look is quite cool tbh and of course it's great when you get inside the park :)