Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Intamin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
fav bm

Isn't it obvious...........???????

B&M made the first inverted models and the only with 4-across seating. Consisting of:

Montu
Alepngeist
Batman at tons of SF's
Raptor
Talon
Afterburn

(do I care to go on.......)

Vekoma made a cloned SLC.............only 107 ft tall max

Lastly, Intamin made ONLY ONE INVERT IN AMERICA!!!!

pretty obvious it's B&M

Rush

Giga Poster
Re: fav bm

bizarrofan10 said:
B&M made the first inverted models and the only with 4-across seating.

Wrong.
vekomarc3.png

Vekoma made a cloned SLC.............only 107 ft tall max

They've made a lot more than that.

How about a few of these?:
Jubilee Odyssey: http://www.rcdb.com/1413.htm
Kumali: http://www.rcdb.com/2985.htm
Deja Vu: http://www.rcdb.com/748.htm
Battlestar Galactica (when it eventually reopens): http://www.rcdb.com/4328.htm

It's not just the standard clones they've made and to be fair on Vekoma, B&M have clone lots of their Inverts too. :wink:

Lastly, Intamin made ONLY ONE INVERT IN AMERICA!!!!

Wrong. They haven't made many but there's still Volcano, V2, Wicked Twister and all the other impulses. Research needed if you're going to make assumptions like that. :wink:

I've only really ridden one B&M that has properly wowed me, that being Alpengeist. (It being my number 1 coaster as well. :p) I've been on Nemesis, Inferno, Dueling Dragons and Silver Bullet and none of them are particularly great, the latter being pretty dull to be honest. I'm hoping Montu will be just as fantastic as Alpengeist was. :)

However they're still better than Vekoma. I've only been on two but B&M are easily better. Infusion was alright but Kumali was utter crap, not because it's rough either but because it has a dull, short and unimaginative layout.

I'm yet to ride an Intamin invert but I can't see them being any better than B&M, the only one of theirs which particularly interests me being Volcano.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^About Intamin inverts, I never thought the impulses looked that good... but they're awesome! I'd love to ride one of the two with a lift as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^After riding both Possessed and Wicked Twister I have to admit I preferred Wicked Twister. I didn't really like the snapping into the twists, but it was fantastic. Possessed was great too, but personally I preferred it without the lift hill/brake on the spike.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Lies! Wicked Twister was a load of old gash. The models with one straight and one twisted spike are sooooooooooooooooo much better.

bizarrofan10 said:
do I care to go on.......

Do we care to read on?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think it was the holding brake thing that I didn't like about Possessed. It just slowed down the flow of the coaster. Without it, maybe it would be better. I don't know...

Ben

CF Legend
B&M, obviously.

But, I really like Impulse coasters, especially V2.5 or whatever it's called at Discovery Kingdom, and Volcano is a blast (ha), so Intamin aren't bad at it. And Deja Vu is amazing.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Hixee said:
^I think it was the holding brake thing that I didn't like about Possessed. It just slowed down the flow of the coaster. Without it, maybe it would be better. I don't know...

I didn't mind this, it added to the ride in my opinion, especially since the cycle was pretty much over at that point.

A101

Mega Poster
Hate the Vekoma SLCs, the are rough, and the clone model sucks!!!!!

Love me my B&Ms, whenever, where-ever, whatever.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
i've only been on B&M inverts, but just in terms of design, B&M seems to be the only company that just doesn't copy the same design over and over again!!!

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Re:

bob_3_ said:
Vekoma for me. Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris <3

Invert...?

Lmao yea BTM isn't an invert :p

personal B&M just dominates the invert market they make em way smoother than any other company and they make way more of them (unlike the few Intiman ones)