What's new

Favourite Disney Villain

nadroJ

CF Legend
Well, the title of this topic is favourite villain, naming a character who is just a bit mean and adds absolutely nothing to the central plot development is kind of pointless, but whatever.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
How about Hades from Hercules? Thought he was pretty badass as a villain.

Jafar used to give me goosebumps whenever I watched Aladdin when I younger. He was sinister!

Intricks

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Well, the title of this topic is favourite villain, naming a character who is just a bit mean and adds absolutely nothing to the central plot development is kind of pointless, but whatever.

So singing a lullaby to gather children in order to suck out their souls to live forever isnt evil? Yes, they made her portrayal of the character as "just a wee bit mean", but the whole thing with the dead children = Eternal Life was severely disturbing to me as a child...still is considering its a Disney Film.

Ben

CF Legend
Intricks said:
nadroJ said:

So singing a lullaby to gather children in order to suck out their souls to live forever isnt evil? Yes, they made her portrayal of the character as "just a wee bit mean", but the whole thing with the dead children = Eternal Life was severely disturbing to me as a child...still is considering its a Disney Film.

Yeah, Jordan, if you don't think Winifred is a villain I'd love to know what your definition is.

This is a really good shout actually. Bette <3<3<3

I *love* Jafar, but only because this is the best villain song <3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXU8-P5EY4[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
I love the songs from Aladdin! Especially that Genie song (never had a friend like me?)!

Anyway, yeah. Erm... Lotso?

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Intricks said:
nadroJ said:

Ok so I thought you two were arguing about the elephant in the Jungle Book..

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Not gunna lie, that's what I thought we were arguing about too XD I totally agree that Winifred from Hocus Pocus is a fab villain. Ahahaha XD (To be fair I was only thinking animated movies when I looked at this topic too).

Nic

Strata Poster
So, as this has turned into a competition to see who can name the most obscure characters, I'm going to throw Kronk into the mix. Ok, so he's more evil henchman than out and out villian, but meh.

jayjay

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
I actually also love Prince John in Robin Hood, just such an entertaining villain.
This. I love evil villains with childish complexes.

Also Ratigan (because Vincent Price)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Nic said:
So, as this has turned into a competition to see who can name the most obscure characters, I'm going to throw Kronk into the mix. Ok, so he's more evil henchman than out and out villian, but meh.

Isn't Kronk supposed to be pretty good at heart, just bumbling & misguided? Haven't seen Emperor's New Groove in a long time but that's how I remember characterizing him.. at any rate, he's probably the most entertaining character in that movie. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Watched Rescuers Down Under last night and the McLeach/Joanna combo were really despicable <3

To be honest, have Disney ever done a crap villain? Yes some aren't as good as others but I don't think I'd go as far to call any of them terrible.

kimahri

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
To be honest, have Disney ever done a crap villain? Yes some aren't as good as others but I don't think I'd go as far to call any of them terrible.

Chicken Little has a chance at that since it's pretty weak in, everything.

Oh yeah, more awesomeness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pts8XVwXe7o[/youtube]

The Horned King. Definitely has a pretty brutal death even out side of Disney to boot!