What's new

Favorite Show?

Josh73

Giga Poster
So?

Everyone has there favorite show. What's yours(it can be a cancelled show)?

For me, How I Met Your Mother which is a North American TV show. Look it up on youtuube if you want.

What do you think?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't really have one favourite, so you can have a list:

RuPaul's Drag Race - my absolute favourite over the last few years if I had to pick just one.

Weeds
The Amazing Race
CSI (original Las Vegas one)
Doll House
Walking Dead
Absolutely Fabulous
Cougar Town
Nip/Tuck
My Name is Earl
________'s Next Top Model
Project Runway
Arrested Development
Boardwalk Empire
Community
30 Rock
The Apprentice (UK and USA)

kimahri

CF Legend
Hmm, I don't really watch TV that much. I guess I can say I like Mythbusters and the Walking Dead if you want live action ****.

Cartoon and Anime?

SAMURAI JACK IS **** AWESOME
LUCKY STAR IS AMAZING
SOUL EATER CAN HAVE MY CHILDREN
PARANOIA AGENT **** MY MIND
GURREN LAGANN IS MANLY
FMA IS BADASS
FLCL IS GOD LIKE
I **** LOVE REGULAR SHOW
ADVENTURE TIME RULES
TEX AVERY STUFF IS NOM
AS IS HANNA BARBERA
DUCKTAILS WILL NEVER LEAVE
NEITHER WILL CHIP AND DALE

I like cartoons... I probably could go on for like, year talking about them. they count as shows yeah?

DDF14

Mega Poster
Sons Of Anarchy

SAMCRO all the way

Easily the best thing on TV now...

Hawaii Five O
Top Gear

I used to love Due South

I jsut HATE X-factor or a reality / celeb induced shows ...
I also hate anything with a phone in aspect that does not donate all the money to charity ... Simon Cowell and other money grabbing tossers can go jump off a cliff, when there is people without food and water in the world why do people insist on giving there money to these over-rich self obsessed (lady parts)...

WHY? ..

Josh73

Giga Poster
Oh, yeah. Amazing Race is awesome. I like the snowboarders who come in first alot. What about you?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
A whole whack load for me :lol:

1000 ways to Die
Deadliest Warrior
Mythbusters
Amazing Race
Survivor
Wipeout (American version.... Canada's sucks)
Two and a Half Men
Family Guy
Robot Chicken
America's got Talent (though the amount of commercials is appalling)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Entourage was amazing, just watched the entire series in a week
The Office (US until this season, now it sucks)
2 1/2 Men (see above)
Blue Mountain State
The League
Weeds
Tosh.0

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
DDF14 said:
I used to love Due South

I used to when I lived at home, but it's one of those shows that I've tried watching again and have little patience with now. Likewise, I watched the entire of M*A*S*H from start to finish when the showed every episode back-to-back on BBC2 in the 80's. Now, I find it cringe-worthy.

I don't watch a lot of TV, or I can, but I'm quite selective about what I watch "obsessively". I prefer films generally, though some TV is film quality now.

Erm, list then from age 5 and up of my all time favourite shows, that I would watch just as happily again right now.

Battle of the Planets. My childhood revolved around this show, The first Manga to hit the West Kim?

Blake's 7. Really, exceptionally low budget British Sci-Fi show, with some of the best scripts and characters in any serial. As dreadful as each episode was in terms of effects/sets/costumes it was outstanding in terms of story/dialogue/character. Probably the only show ever to kill off the entire cast of heroes.

Doctor Who. Tom Baker until the dreadful film killed it. I enjoyed the reboot to a degree too, but find it quite hit and miss. It's good "family viewing".

A-Team, Airwolf, Streethawk, Manimal, Automan, Knight Rider, any other Donald P Bellisarius and ilk and the like. Saturday tea time fodder for the mentally challenged. Brilliant stuff and I'll still watch it now if the mood is on me.

The Young Ones. Not seen it? Go see it now, don't come back until you've seen both series.

Red Dwarf. Again, I lived this show when it was first broadcast, until the semi-poor season 5 and then the abysmal everything else that went afterwards. The fist two series are a shining example of clever writing and wit. Series three is the epitome of how a parody should be put together. Series four and five almost merge the first three brilliant series together into something enjoyable. Then it was just lazy catch-phrase comedy. However, those first series were utterly fantastic.

Blackadder - all of the first four series. I even like the first series, but you really need to know your late medieval history and Shakespeare to really get the subtle comedy. Thankfully, the second series happened and was one of the funniest pieces of TV comedy ever.

Quantum Leap, No idea why this appealed to me so much, but it did. I never missed an episode, until the very last one. That was broadcast in 1994 or something, I actually managed to final catch the last one on ITV3 or something about six weeks ago. I didn't feel as though my life was complete though, oddly :lol:

Babylon 5. Not, it's not **** (Spaced reference, see below). Absolutely epic, multi-series story with fantastic characters, massive depth of story and universe and a tight and twisting plot that built through heart wrenching climbs and dives to a superb crescendo. The entire five series was written out in advance as a massive 100+ hour story arc. Lost? Harry Potter? All these arc type stories were not only beaten to the punch by B5, but easily trumped by it too. Genius.

Spaced. I like Simon Pegg, and Spaced was a brilliant series. It captured that kind of "layabout" moment in time in a perfect way exactly as The Young Ones did almost 20 years before.

Invader Zim. If you've seen more than one of them, you'll understand. If you can't watch one or haven't, you won't :lol: Okay, I'm a fan of Jnny's works (particularly Jonny the homicidal maniac and Squee) and for him to produce a cartoon series was genius :)

Lost. I'll never watch it again, but I loved the ride the series took me on. I wasn't even too upset by the ending. Clever and concise, but it did drag out the "mystery thing" a little too much at times.

Heroes. Well, series 1&2 anyway ;)

I generally dislike reality TV with a passion, but I make an exception for Master Chef. I love it and get addicted to it. I like cooking, so it's a great way to pick up ideas and techniques. It's also not quite reality TV :lol:

Oh, and The Apprentice... That's proper reality TV I guess and I love it. When are you on it Ben? ;)

There are probably more people will mention, but those are shows that were "must see", there's nothing at the moment.

Martyn

Giga Poster
The Office UK edition of course. Two absolutely magical series. I think the best British comedy there has ever been.

Peep Show Series 1-3 anyway. It went a bit downhill after that.

Fresh Meat The first really good series for quite a long time I think. Reminded me of Spaced at first, then turned into its own show really well. Looking forward to the second series. I hope they don't screw it up.

Spaced Never watched it when it was broadcast, but have since utilised 4OD to watch both series at least three times now. Some VERY clever elements.

Attenborough Anything Attenborough to be honest. Or any BBC/Open University/generic science programmes. Frozen Planet on at the moment is stunning. The Brian Cox stuff is usually good, and that Scottish geologist, Iain Stewart I think.

Newswipe/Screenwipe Charlie Brooker's BBC4 stuff. Pure genius. Cutting insults, eye-opening discussion relating to how TV works and manipulates us. Fascinating and very though provoking, in an amusing way.

furie said:
Oh, and The Apprentice... That's proper reality TV I guess and I love it. When are you on it Ben? ;)

I used to like The Apprentice. I'm well over it now. It's just trash. Same old rubbish every year, and every year it becomes increasingly less believable. Perhaps Charlie Brooker has ruined it for me. Classic example of how contrived these shows are (situations filmed from multiple angles, yet you never see a film crew in shot, for example).

kimahri

CF Legend
How could I forget about invader zim!?
I saw Sqee in my nerd shop last month. I lacked currency. :C.

Might ask if they can order it in with johnny the homocidal maniac (which I saw someone reading on the train!!)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
True Blood is one I watch, but I don't think it's compulsive viewing. It's "something to watch with the missus we can both stand".

Though it is a very well made series. Same with Walking Dead, it's good, but not compulsive - it's just lacking depth.

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:

I spoke to Lord Al this morning actually. Hopefully I should be on soon, they're just having real trouble finding other candidates who would even have a chance at being competition for me, otherwise it's too easy apparently :(

The Apprentice is **** amazing. It's the best thing that's still being made as far as I'm concerned. I rewatch them all every now and again just to remind myself of how fab it is. Katie and Christina from 3 <3 Ruth from 2 <3 CLAIRE from 4 <3 Kate and Ben from 5 <3 All so fab <3 And Harry M from the Young one on at the moment is such jailbait <3

Oh, actually, no, the best thing still being made is DEFO RuPaul's Drag Race <3 Then Apprentice.

OK, uh...

Twin Peaks
Red Dwarf
Jonathan Creek
Heroes (series one and MAYBE two... maybe)
Will and Grace
Friends
Absolutely Fabulous
Family Guy
The Inbetweeners
Glee (up until series two episode two, now it's dead to me)
All the British panel shows (HIGNFY, QI, Mock the Week, Would I Lie, Ask Rhod Gilbert, Russel Howard's...)
True Blood
Buffy, obviously probably the best show ever.
America's Next Top Model (need to get to the others, I know Gavin <//3)
Extras
Summer Heights High
Little Britain
Come Fly With Me
South Park
Ringer
Dexter (like, half of it is good, half is awful)
Six Feet Under
Dead Like Me
Pushing Daisies
The Tennant series of Doctor Who
Sex and the City
X Factor
Sugar Rush

I literally watch far more tele than is healthy for me <//3 But, if you said to me I could only watch one show for the rest of my life and every other show would be erased from history, I think I'd have to keep Buffy. Watching it again over the last year just showed me HOW good it is. Weeped like a baby on various occasions, and actually made time to sit and focus on every single episode. You know it's good when I, someone who is always on the laptop whilst watching something else, take the time to actually sit and be glued to it. Plus Anya's **** amazing. Plus, I credit it with forming a lot of the way I like to speak in glib, sarcastic remarks formed of pop culture references. I wanna be a Joss Whedon character more than life <///3

(why don't we have a TV topic really actually? Now Showing is so much more about film, we should have a Now Broadcasting or sompting <3)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In no particular order: Family Guy, Blackadder, The Office (UK and US), Neighbours, The Sopranos, X Factor, Extras, anything along those lines really. Anything mindless that makes me chuckle, but NOT Doctor Who.

I really love any BBC nature documentaries narrated by Attenborough

Life was amazing!

OMG bouncing toad <3 The way the tarantula appears at 0:18 made me squeal with excitement first time I saw it. Sublime production.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaGZnnepSA[/youtube]

The birds of paradise from the same series were brilliantly captured. Can't find it on YT.

Gotta say, I've not been overly impressed with the recent arctic one though, however it's still excellent!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Martyn said:
furie said:

I used to like The Apprentice. I'm well over it now. It's just trash. Same old rubbish every year, and every year it becomes increasingly less believable. Perhaps Charlie Brooker has ruined it for me. Classic example of how contrived these shows are (situations filmed from multiple angles, yet you never see a film crew in shot, for example).

I agree, although I do still find myself watching The Apprentice anyway. I'm loving this current series of Young Apprentice.

Being a student with no TV license, I catch most of my TV either illegally or via iPlayer and 4OD. I don't bother with ITV Player or Demand 5 as they're relatively poor services (notably ITV Player).

I'll start with classic programmes no longer being made:

Spaced - for every reason everyone has given so far.

Blackadder - Well, not a huge fan of the 1st series, but it really did become a different show after that. Classic brilliance which still makes me chuckle.

Fawlty Towers - I know Nic will hate me, but it really is amazing. It really is.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? - Both UK and US versions are amazingly hilarious. Needs to be re-run more and/or a new series along the same format done. Fast and Loose just doesn't work very well...

Only Fools and Horses - Hit and miss, but mostly hit. Much loved by me and my family.

The Office (UK version) - The reason I say UK version is because I'm yet to catch an episode of the US version. I want to, but I'd rather start from episode 1 than jump in at a random point. I know I'll love it.

Onto TV on at the moment...

The Big Bang Theory - I'm not much of a fan of American TV - especially sitcoms - but since I watched the UK première of the first episode back in 2007(?) I've been hooked. Brilliance, and I apparently have Sheldon-like qualities.

QI - Smart, funny, and Stephen Fry. 'Nuff said. Was even better watching an episode being filmed.

Have I Got News For You - Smart comedy with politics mixed in most of the time. Just my cup of tea. I'm shocked it's been going as long as it has, but then again, I can never see it being cancelled.

8 Out of 10 Cats - Jimmy Carr, John Richardson and Sean Lock are side-burstingly hilarious, as well as their idiotic guests they bring on from **** faux-reality TV sows like The Only Way is Essex.

Question Time - Forget "adult" TV, this is my form of adult. Hard to believe I watched this from about the age of 10 onwards...

The Graham Norton Show - The first time I ever watched it, I was expecting it to be ****, mainly as I don't like Graham Norton. I have to admit, about 3 or 4 years on, I'm still watching. It's the only thing Norton can do well.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Another great, long-lasting comedy panel show.

Yeah, I could go on. I love comedy, but I do watch loads of documentaries and 'smart' TV.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
At the moment, my absolute favourite is Soul Eater. Usually I don't enjoy most animes but this one's just too twisted, dark and **** up to not love. It's awesome!

Others are:
- Family Guy
- Ginga Densetsu Weed
- Wolf's Rain
- Malcolm In The Middle
- House
- South Park
- Metalocalypse
- Scrubs
- My Name Is Earl
- Two and a Half Men
- Harry Hill's TV Burp
- The Apprentice/Young Apprentice
- The Simpsons (before the crappy new ones...)
- Futurama
- Invader Zim
- The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (god I miss that cartoon ;_;)
- Doctor Who
- Ed, Edd and Eddy
- The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Glee (although I kinda lost track halfway through season 2...)
- Top Gear

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Other than the standard crap; Family Guy, Misfits and Mythbusters are the only things I kinda 'follow' now. If there is a new episode, I will watch it from them.