What's new

Favorite Park Song/Music

Mack

Mega Poster
Personally, I always liked the playlists Canobie used. (You could tell the playlist turned over because the drums of Sugar We're Going Down would start and all the ops would go "YES!")

If I have to pick a theme song, I'd say that honor goes to Riddler's Revenge @ SFMM.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^All very good suggestions for sure, but for me, nothing gets the juices flowing more than approaching the entrance to Universal Studios and hearing this:

Tears of joy that is, right there. You wouldn't in a million years get IMAscore coming up with a piece like that.
If I owned a theme park, I'd hire Alan Silvestri to write all my ride music - the man's a f***ing genius.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I know it's not technically ride music as it's not made by the park but I also love the use of the Willa Wonka theme tune within Alice at Blackpool.
Yes. One of the top 5 things to do in Blackpool is to sing 'I've got a golden ticket!' while on that ride.

Dinoconda
I have no memory of that thing having music, do you know what it was?

I think the best thing about listening to it is they bring back very vivid memories of when I was there
There is something to be said about knowing a piece of ride music before you visit however, it can really be a special moment when you arrive there for the first time but hear that familiar tune.

Most of the best Europe stuff has been mentioned.
Except Kärnan.
No idea why Novgorod gets a mention and Kärnan doesn't.

Definitely works on the memories here, but I love the first track of this CD.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
If there is a park that can sum up your journey through music, it is Efteling. It has these kind of music that fits the park and makes you think about it every time you hear it. Droomvlucht used to be my favorite, however, since my last visit it is the soundtrack of Fata Morgana.

Talking about my homepark, Walibi Belgium, I love the song that is played at the parks entrance. They first played the song around Dalton Terror: Magnificent Seven theme.

I also got a weak spot for the Pulsar soundtrack from IMAscore!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
The original Soarin' music was amazing, I can't listen to it without having a little lump in my throat

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I love the Hola, Hola PortAventura song. Very cheesy and monotonous but I always end up humming it on the flight back. It's a bit of a Eurovision type tune, in fact why haven't Spain entered it yet?
Yessss!! I often put the portaventura channel on the telly when I stay at one of their hotels and bop around to it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point used to play Funky Town on the Midway back in the day. Oh the nostalgia.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
There's a very old Wurlitzer organ that plays all day at Knoebels, and I happened to catch it twice that day playing "The Lambeth Walk," a song I'd guess no more than 1% of Americans know today.