What's new

Favorite Park Song/Music

Edward M

Strata Poster
While I'm unsure if other people have a fascination with this aspect of theme parks, I thought a topic dedicated to theme park music seemed appropriate. Along with theme parks and movies, music is a real passion of mine, so I find myself often loving the musical compositions in theme parks. I've found one of the reasons I love Disney's dark rides and parks so much is their music. The soundtrack just does so much for a ride or area! Here's a place for anyone to list some of their favorite park music or songs. Anything music made for a theme park is fair game here.

For me, the two that really impress me so much are Compass of your Heart and Journey to the Center of the Earth's theme. They're both from Disneysea, but they're also both simply fantastic. Compass of your Heart is insanely catchy while Journey's theme is perfect to really build up the mystery of this ride and get one excited for what's ahead.

Some other honorable mentions include: Raveleijn from Efteling (Fata Morgana and Droomlucht are both great too), Splash Mountain, Chiapas, Taron, Illuminations, and Soarin' Over CA. I find Disney's music to generally be the best theme park music out there, but Efteling's soundtracks are also just amazing. Seriously, they're worth a youtube search to hear them if you haven't.

Also, Europa Park (notably Eurosat and Blue Fire), Alton Towers (Hex and Nemesis), IOA (Call to Adventure <3)

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'll throw another vote in for Efteling's scores, especially Vogel Rok, Villa Volta and The Flying Dutchman. The sense of magic and fantasy works best with a great soundtrack. Still, my favourite piece of all time is Hex, which is just perfect.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
You have good passions. Theme parks, movies and music are three of the best things in life!

Yeah, Efteling has by far the best music imo and I can't pick a fave. I love them all.

Non-Efteling faves include:
-Dwervelwind
-Chiapas
-Blue Fire
-Helix
-Hex
-Nemesis
-Colossus
There's probably more that I can't think of right now. Music <3

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Another vote for Efteling here. All their music is fab especially Droomvlucht and Raveleijn. Others include Chiapas, Colossus and Troy. The original station music for Kumali was quite good as well.

I know it's not technically ride music as it's not made by the park but I also love the use of the Willa Wonka theme tune within Alice at Blackpool.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
For some reason, I really like Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, and Mystic Timbers, with Mystic Timbers being my favorite. It just sets the mood so well and it sounds good too!
Top Thrill Dragster I like (Even though it gets annoying at times) because it plays before you go onto the launch track, and I just like it.
MF, well, it's weird, futuristic, and from 1999. I've said enough.

Will

Strata Poster
The obvious winner here is Fluch von Novgorod.
Elsewhere in Europe, Helix, DVH, Chiapas and no doubt some other obvious ones I've forgotten rank above the best.

In the UK, Tussauds did this best with the themes for Nemesis, Hex and the music that plays throughout Lost City at Thorpe; alas, they (or rather, their successors) have rather dropped the ball in the last 15 years. Saw and Smiler, for instance, have very uninspiring soundtracks.

And then there's Europa Park - Blue Fire, Pegasus and Eurosat are the first to come to mind (not Silver Star!!)
Not to mention their OTT theatrical rock Halloween soundtracks:

rctneil

Roller Poster
Some of my favorite music from parks/attractions:

• Nemesis
  • Chiapas
  • Klugheim
  • De Vliegender Hollander
  • Hex
  • Helix
  • Blue Fire
  • Euro Mir
  • Karnan
  • Dinoconda
  • Compass of your Heart
  • Journey to the centre of the Earth
  • Soarin'
  • Galactica

Last edited:

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I've always really liked the sound tracks in the queues of Maverick and Boulder Dash.

As for a ride sound track I absolutely love Helix! It fits the ride and the queue-line environment so well!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I absolutely ADORE the Chiapas and Klugheim music. The music completely makes those areas, one of my fondest memories is sitting in Klugheim drinking beer from a stein and watching the world/Taron go by with that epic music in the background. Bliss <3

The collossus (TP) music has a special place in my heart too but that's more of a nostalgia thing I think.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Halloween stuff Asylum and Big Top 2015-2016 music. Quite like Derren Browns Music actually mostly all of Thorpe tbh.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I also absolutely love "In a Second Orbit", Eurosat's theme. I am afraid it will be replaced with the refurb though :(
It sounds so amazing, especially with the reverb in the dome. I also like how it changes depending on where you are in the lift.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I tried to get into listening to theme park music but I find it a bit rubbish. I think the best thing about listening to it is they bring back very vivid memories of when I was there, ones I can't always get from seeing pictures and watching videos. I find a lot of stuff, especially IMA score only works as 'audio theming' and needs to exist in situ.
As for my favourites, I think Efteling has some really engaging music with some cool melodies. Also I think Tussauds rides had some underrated music. Love the MK Space Mountain star tunnel too for nostalgia.
I've never seen this get mentioned before, but I found this to be almost aesthetically perfect:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I also absolutely love "In a Second Orbit", Eurosat's theme. I am afraid it will be replaced with the refurb though :(
It sounds so amazing, especially with the reverb in the dome. I also like how it changes depending on where you are in the lift.
I forgot one...
Euro-Mir. I first heard of it when I was viewing as a guest on TPR, and I was wondering what it sounded like. I quite like it!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I forgot one...
Euro-Mir. I first heard of it when I was viewing as a guest on TPR, and I was wondering what it sounded like. I quite like it!
I like In a Second Orbit more than Project Euro-Mir though. Maybe it's because I don't like Euro-Mir or just because I love Eurosat :D Eurosat's music just fits so well with the party atmosphere in the dome :D I also don't like the talking in the Euromir theme.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I love the Hola, Hola PortAventura song. Very cheesy and monotonous but I always end up humming it on the flight back. It's a bit of a Eurovision type tune, in fact why haven't Spain entered it yet?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've got quite a few favourites (some of which have already been mentioned) but other great tunes include the Laser show theme Europa Park used to have called Mystere. Also, the Matterhorn Blitz theme is fab and quite possibly be of the catchiest tunes I know :)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Chiapas, Klugheim, Dwervelwind and The Flying Dutchman at Efteling are all just amazing soundtracks.

In terms of songs the nostalgic part of me loves the Phantasialand Song they used to play on board the old monorail.
Although I find it hilarious how hardly any of the attractions and areas mentioned still exist!