What's new

Favorite Park or Favorite Coaster?

Hutch

Strata Poster
This only goes for people who has their favorite coaster not located in their favorite park (so I cannot participate in this). Here it is:

Would you rather spend one day at your favorite park and ride/do whatever you want in the park?

Or would you rather spend one day just riding your favorite coaster however many times you want (you can't do anything else in that park)?

You can only choose one, and the park conditions can be however you want (crowds, weather, etc), except for the hours the park is open for.

While I think I may know the answer for most people, the difficulty in the decision is different for everyone and I'd like to hear your opinions.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I know that my favorite park is Cedar Point and my favorite coaster is MF, but the BEST park I've been to is IoA because of world-class rides, theming, AND coasters. I just had a weird connection with Cedar Point so it's my FAVORITE park. In terms of best parks, it's not that good.

I would rather spend all day at IoA than on MF. I love MF, but I think that it would get old fast if ridden all day. It is an experience because of how surreal it all is. It is like riding on a cloud for a minute. If you were on a cloud all day, the cloud would be boring. Even if the environment is pretty, the cloud would get old if sat on too long, but IoA is probably a perfect park. A perfect balance of Theming, B&Ms, and thrilling rides. Harry Potter is probably my favorite ride, not coaster. Followed by ToT and Spiderman.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Given these options, I'd much rather go to my favorite park, and it's not even close.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a wonderful place to spend a day and just enjoy myself. It's not as heavy on rides as most parks, but I'll take the average quality of their coasters (not a dud among them, and 3 standouts) over that of a park like Kings Dominion's (whole lotta meh or worse after you get past their top 4 or so). Plus, relatively fewer rides means I never feel that I have to rush around the park to get everything done. Unless it's a day where it's absolutely slammed, I can easily stroll around at my leisure and take everything in, often with plenty of time for re-rides.

That, on top of the fact that even I can't handle I305 after about 6-7 repeat rides in a row, much less all day.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Since my favorite coaster is Millennium Force and I kind of hate almost everything else about Cedar Point, it's actually more difficult that I thought. My favorite park is DisneySea, but if I could ride Millie all day and not have to deal with anything else at the Point...

I think I'd still rather go to DisneySea.

Snoo

The Legend
madhjsp said:
Given these options, I'd much rather go to my favorite park, and it's not even close.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a wonderful place to spend a day and just enjoy myself. It's not as heavy on rides as most parks, but I'll take the average quality of their coasters (not a dud among them, and 3 standouts) over that of a park like Kings Dominion's (whole lotta meh or worse after you get past their top 4 or so). Plus, relatively fewer rides means I never feel that I have to rush around the park to get everything done. Unless it's a day where it's absolutely slammed, I can easily stroll around at my leisure and take everything in, often with plenty of time for re-rides.

That, on top of the fact that even I can't handle I305 after about 6-7 repeat rides in a row, much less all day.

This, except it's BD. But lets be honest, if you were going to Lake Compounce, you'd just be doing BD all day anyway.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
My favourite coaster is Goliath, WH, but apart from that and the water rides there is nothing above average at WH. I would much rather spend a day at SFMM where there are lot's of coasters that i really like and now a drop tower that looks awesome.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Favourite park by a long way. I could happily spend the day at DisneySea and not even ride anything. Not that I'd be there and not ride anything, but still; you get the point I'm trying to make.

As much as I love Boulder Dash, the park it's in is a dump with pretty much nothing else going for it. Oh, apart from the fab, sparkly, uber-faggy paint job on the Boomerang trains.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Definitely park - whilst I could ride Bizarro over and over again, I'd get a bit bored after an hour or so. Any one of my top 10 or 15 parks would be a better day

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
My favorite coaster is Bizarro and my favorite park is Dollywood. I would rather spend the day at Dollywood because its just a overall better place and environment with better people and food, even though I could ride Bizarro all day.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Depends if I'm on my own or not. I'd rather visit my favourite park, Phantasialand, with friends because I know I'll get more out of it. If there's just me then I'd be more inclined to hop in ans whore, my favourite ride without anyone bothering me

Colossus

Giga Poster
Favorite park for sure, it eats up your whole day, your favorite ride is your favorite ride, but how much realistically could you re-ride before you get bored.
I may different if your favorite ride is somewhere far away and you don't get the chance to ride it much, but if it's easily accessible, then it has to be the park really.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Having actually ridden one of my fave coasters (PNE's Coaster) 25+ times in a row(~3.5 hours) with almost no breaks I can say that I would rather spend a day at my fave park (BGW) than that if I was with a friend or two, alone I'd say it's about a dead tie, because I love just roaming a park alone and befriending random people while waiting in line and such but Coaster is just so rerideable (my other #1, Skyrush, I think would get old after about 20 rides).

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Park not even close with the given parameters. I might just ride Verbolten till I get all the story options given my favorite park is BGW

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Although after riding it I said Shambhala was one of the few rides I could ride over and over again without getting a headache, I'd rather spend the day at Towers.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I would rather go to one of my favorite parks. Six Flags Great Adventure is great, but I think overall I would rather have the overall experience rather than one coaster. (Though SFGAdv. definitely has a great lineup so maybe this doesn't really apply in my case.)

If I had to choose, I would go to WDW, IOA, or Alton Towers for sure before SFGAdv. to experience El Toro.