What's new

Favorite/Least Favorite Inversions

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm partial to a cobra roll or an inline twist/barrell roll, but what I can't stand are this pretzel loops or anything on a Zamperla coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster
Favourite:
Blue Fire: in-line (amazingly fast and forcefull!)
Black Mamba: zero-g (the only zero-g that I've been on that delivers zero g)

Worst:
Almost anything on a Gerstlauer with OTSR...

Mike

Giga Poster
I really enjoy the first drop on The Swarm. It gives a nice bit of hang time before going down the drop.

The loops on Big Loop at Heide Park are disgusting and whiplash-inducing. Also, the pretzel loop on Tatsu stands out as one of the most stomach-churning inversions; the things is far too forceful for it to be enjoyable for me.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
My favourite is Fahrenheit's Norwegian Loop, purely because no other inversion feels like it. The little pop of airtime before it twists underneath itself is fab.

Controversially, I'm also a big fan of the newer style of B+M Zero-G, as found on the likes of Swarm and Oz'Iris. I love how slow and drawn out the floaty bit is, they're like a tantric inversion <3

Air's Fly To Lie is always an 'oooh' moment for me. I find it weird that B+M never re-used this element in their other Flying coasters, it's such a great sensation.

Speaking of B+M Flyers, their Pretzel Loops are my least favourite inversion. They give me a blinding headache. I don't mind Pretzel Loops on sitting coasters like Helix though.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^That's cos they're just like Norweigan Loops. And therefore fab :D

The flying pretzel loops are just about as much as I can take. They're way more intense than the old school Schwarzkopf loops that pinned you into your seat, and much more drawn out.

Least favourite inversion is that stupid bowtie bollocks at the end of Dragon Mountain. Beats the crap out of you wherever you sit.

Favourites are the enormous loops like Tennessee Tornado and big B&M loopers. Old school B&M zero-g rolls also get an honourable mention.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Favorite: Phaethon's zero-g roll and corkscrews- They try to throw me out of my seat
Fantasia Special's triple corkscrew
weird but fun.
Steel Vengeance's zero g stall
Feels great and a lot of minus g's
1st Immelman on Valravn and Draken
immersive and feels fun on edge seat

LEAST: EVERY SINGLE VEKOMA SLC'S INVERSION

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
Favorite: Lost Gravity's Zero-G Roll, DAYUM BOI that's some hangtime right there

Least favorite: Formule X's heartline roll would be ultra cool if it weren't for the fact it is as janky as a wooden vekoma SLC with zamperla volare trains

Edward M

Strata Poster
Favorite is probably the first raven turn on X2, just one of those insane moments for me. In terms of best, I can't think of any one better than the Steel Vengeance Zero-G thing. Just, wow.

Least favorite is probably the double corkscrew on Ninja, SFSL, oh ya and the backwards loop on a boomerang. Ew.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Steel Vengeance’s first zero-g roll is SICK, Hydra’s “juju” (?) roll is lovely, and pretzel loops kick butt.

Cobra rolls are overused and I’m sick of them

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
Inversion Top 5:
1. Full Throttle's loop
2. Banshee's batwing
3. Cheetah Hunt's roll
4. Tennessee Tornado's first loop
5. GateKeeper's drop

Least favorite: Canadian Flight Deck's rollover

Dishonorable mentions: Any lie-to-fly on a Flying Dutchmen, Mystery Mine's dive loop; Manhattan Express's dive loop (#diveloophate), anything on Anaconda, KI Vortex's batwing, Tatsu's pretzel roll
Favorite by far is Storm Runner's Flying Snake Dive. A close second and third are the zero g stall on Steel Vengance and the Horseshoe rolls on Maverick
Worst by far is the corkscrew at Cedar point.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Got a few favourites that come to mind, which I think I can split into 2 broad categories:

Being sustained upside down for a significant amount of time (enough to really appreciate it in the moment), but while in a suitable enough motion to not feel the physical effects of being sustained upside down:
-The most massivest loops - Flash, Full Throttle, Dodonp
-Twisted Colossus duelling stall thing
-The big boys on Helix
-Got a bit of a guilty pleasure in those El Loco ones. The weird upside down straight into the dive loop thing.

Ones you don't get the chance to anticipate, that catch you off guard with a proper mental moment:
-The 540s on Flying Dino & Sky Ripper
-Anything on Eejanaika

In contrast to the first lot, by far my least favourite sensation is being sustained upside down and really feeling it:
So Sky Loop lifts & G-Force.