What's new

Favorite Comic Strips

Hobbes

Mega Poster
Some people these days scoff at the idea of reading a newspaper, but I still tend to pick one up on the weekends to read the comics. Anyone else out there enjoy reading the Sunday comics, and if so, what are your favorites?

My favorite is Calvin and Hobbes (duh), but as a teenager I also enjoy reading Zits, since I connect with a lot of the situations and nonsense that goes on in the comic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Calvin and Hobbes and way back when: The Far Side. There are so many good ones. I can get lost in Larson's world forever. I'll pick one at random:
thefarside-jan28.jpg

I read Garfield when I was about 10 too. I like the style, but the strips got old very quickly.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I've never bothered with cartoons in newspapers. I only bother to get the newspaper for the agony aunt columns and the football transfer gossip.

Magazines; I'm restricted to Nuts and Zoo which don't include comics. However, the 'Stealth bumming' segments are fantastic and better than any comic strip.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I literally have no idea. Is that some kind of weekly Nuts take on Jeremy Beadle where people sneak up on unsuspecting members of the public and stealthily take photos in compromising positions...or do they like to do shoots at Thorpe Park?