What's new

Fantasy Island removes Absolutely Insane (250ft Sling Shot)

Martyn B

CF Legend
img0093ex.jpg

I'm sad, but also not. Mixed feelings really. It was unique to the UK, though it was average and not very thrilling. Just a shame that anothert ride has to depart from Fantasy Island's awsome Skyline, well it was awsome a few years back...

Suppose the tallest UK ride crown goes back to Blackpool now :(

A

Anonymous

Was it just me that when I saw the title thought:

"YES!!, They are finally going to rip out PMBO!" :D

Shame that they are removing it, it's one of those rides I really want to go on...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah you're not really missing out on too much to be honest. The seats throwing you forward 250ft up was the only good thing about it really.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^^ Haha I actually thought that too! :lol:

Thats that S&S thingy isn't it? I don't think you'd get me on one of anyway! I have this thing with ropes that I just don't like. I get the feeling they are about to snap. So I'm not too fussed its going.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes it is and S&S Sling Shot. It closed in September 2007 with a long list of technical problems and never reopened, so it was inevitable really.

As soon as they fixed one problem, something else then went wrong, and I guess they ran out of patience with it.

Nic

Strata Poster
Now they just need to flatten the rest of the place, and it'll be perfect ;)

Waffleman

Mega Poster
It is a shame, it was so marketable but they didn't do such a great job of it (that i know of). I was terrified waiting at the bottom (keeping in mind this was the year it was new), but it ended up being fun, not scary. Which was more than slightly disappointing. Still, sad to see it leave.