What's new

Familypark Neusiedlersee | Rattenmühle | Gerstlauer Bobsled

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Re: Familypark Neusiedlersee | Rattenmühle | Gerstlauer Bobs

caffeine_demon said:
^i'll ring them now....

They said sorry, and have changed their minds, and will get a go gator instead! When I mentioned big apples they said "maybe in a couple of years"..

:drinking:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

New pictures, it looks like it's using 3-tube track!

Bild-1.jpg

Bild-2.jpg

Bild-3.jpg

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I know why manufactures are switching between 3-tube and 2-tube track on rides, but I just hate the look of it.

Lofty

CF Legend

I actually think tri-rail looks much better.

I wonder if this is going to open on time? JOKE.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Wow! That was quick. I had never seen tri-track used in such a small-sized coaster.

I hope that a German fan can provide an POV of this coaster. Looks very nice!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Best Gerst Bobsled yet?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLaT-qW6OQ8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvp7Ym_P2M[/youtube]

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I does look really cool, and I like all the new features it has, unseen on a bobsled coaster before, like the mini top hat and the twisted airtime hills.

Only thing I dislike is the shortness of the ride, that's one of the best things with the other bobsled coasters I've done. They give a longer ride expreicene, while still being exciting all the way through.

This however is clearly a bobsled 2.0 so I think the shortness is acceptable considering the fast pace and all the cool looking elements it has (and the fact that they saved almost all the trees in the area).

Peter

Hyper Poster

I had the pleasure of riding this fab little coaster last weekend. Being a Gerstlauer Bobsled it rides exactly as you'd expect - smooth and great fun. The layout has some pops of airtime , interacts well with the terrain and scenery and is overall a fantastic family ride. It is quite short but that doesn't detract from it. On the contrary, not messing about doing lots of wild mouse turns (like most other bobsleds) really kept the pace of the ride up.

The park has done a great job installing and themeing the ride, with a sweet little station building complete with projection rats. There are even tunnels under the ride area for kids (and a certain Mr Stone Cold) to run around in pretending they're rats!

Its also worth mentioning just how fab the park is in itself. With a couple of good family coasters and loads of quirky unique stuff to do, this park would make a great CF live. Think of it as another Tripsdrill.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^ Thanks for the mini review :)

I'm no convinced it will be better than Klotti Coaster, but given its uniqueness compared to the other bobsleds, then anythings possible.

Darren B

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
^ Thanks for the mini review :)

I'm no convinced it will be better than Klotti Coaster, but given its uniqueness compared to the other bobsleds, then anythings possible.

You'd be surprised as to how good this little coaster is, it really hits the spot for me and has even made my top 10! For a 60ft tall, 1,500ft long coaster it does everything you would want it to, and more.