What's new

Family coasters:- Mack powered Vs Vekoma roller skater

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Odd selection, any particular reason?
I guess powered cos you get a bit more variety out of them. Miniwah stands out as being particularly good.
The others only have like 3 standard layouts.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Well they are all generally forgettable coasters for enthusiasts - so thought it would make an anti-interesting discussion!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Well, I find Roller skaters can have a smidgen of airtime in places, but are usually quite small and not very quick.
Tivolis have the vibrating bottom and the back can get a bit of pulldown from the drops every now and then.
The Mack Powered can usually get up a bit of speed, get themed quite well and have interesting layouts but there's never any airtime. But I find the trains more comfortable.

As an overall experience I think the Powered coasters, but only the good ones. A crappy layout with no theme or near misses is pretty poo, but the same can be said for the other 2 as well.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I reckon if the Rollerskater models were a bit longer in length and themed up, I'd go for that option. Mack powered coasters are aesthetically pleasing but really do very little for me ride wise. Still reckon Runaway at Alton is the best of the ones I've been on. Probably the only marginally thrilling moment on any Mack powered coaster I've been on is the turn into the tunnel/rapids interaction section.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Well they are all generally forgettable coasters for enthusiasts - so thought it would make an anti-interesting discussion!
I get where you were going with it and I guess they're all slightly different experiences.

Was gonna say Zierer Force Twos, Threes and Fives would be more comparable to a rollerskater than the Tivolis.
Then Mack Youngstars.
Youngstars would win.

Will

Strata Poster
My vote would also go to Mack Youngstars - purely on the basis of how good Pegasus is, I'd like to see more. Soquet are also responsible for some excellent family coasters.

Out of the choices we've got, it's going to have to be Vekoma though - can't stand bloody tivolis.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't know why but Rollerskaters always seem quite open and boring, even when they are themed. There are plenty of landscaped Tivolis so guess I prefer those out of the two.

Mack wins it though. There are some nice examples of powered Macks, mainly the Blau Enzians where they have extensive mine train theming. These beat the other two hands down.

(Except for the vibrating bum Tivolis with perfectly placed seat dividers... They win everything).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mack powered coasters for me. No real reason, just that out of those listed, the Macks are probably the least sh*t.
As 'creds', they feel more credible. I always feel a twinge of guilt when climbing aboard Tivoli's and rollerskaters.