What's new

Fake Tan/Sunbeds

AJ

Giga Poster
Do you use them? Agree with the use? Think it's stupid?

I know a lot of people that use both. The spray/mousse can obviously look silly and streaky, and most people go 50 shades too dark for their skin. But Sunbeds I never seem to notice when people have used them?

Do you think people can look fitter with a bit of fake bake?

Views on Fake Tanning?

Jer

Strata Poster
Gross, makes you look like an Oompa Loompa if you go to much.

See: Every person on the Jersey Shore

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ive thought about using a tanning bed to help my shade of white go from "making edward cullen jealous" to "casper".

Then I realize Im a ginger and that the sun is just something that will never be friendly towards me. Oddly enough, my arms tan like a mofo, so I rock some rad tan lines if Im outside enough.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snoo said:
I'm black.
Maybe you shoudl start a "Do you whiten your body?" poll? ;)

Never used fake tan or a sun bed, probably never will. I don't care for looking fake.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Being a colour thing, I just remain completely ignorant of the fact there's a difference. Though I can tell when people look like the colour settings on the TV have been set completely wrong (I assume that's fake tan). I have no concept of skin tone and have no idea why anyone would want to deliberately change their skin tone.

Don't use either from me ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Ian said:
Snoo said:
I'm black.
Maybe you shoudl start a "Do you whiten your body?" poll? ;)

Never used fake tan or a sun bed, probably never will. I don't care for looking fake.

With the amount of white pasty nerd we have on here.. it would be more like 'Are you basically Casper the Friendly Ghost?'

Ben

CF Legend
No to the beds after Final Destination 3.

And no to the fake tan cause it's a bit gross.

Yay to lying in the sun for ages for a natural tan though and getting skin cance that way <3

Smithy

Strata Poster
Fake tan is gross.

Not fussed on sunbeds (And Ben has already mentioned one of the main reasons why), don't mind those who use them but it's not for me.

I get far too bored sitting in the sun doing nothing, I have to be active and about in the sun so I end up with awfully uneven tans and usually just lobster shoulders.

Nah, I'm disgustingly pale, and I get claustrophobic and panicky in the sunbeds or stand up ones. If I go tanning it's just laying outside but I don't even do that. Embrace the porcelain!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I burn ridiculously easily, meaning that since I have no clue what I would look like tanned, the idea of faking it seems a bit stupid.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Fake Tan/Sunbeds

I'm white as ****, there is no tanning this, just burning.

Why would I want to be orange anyways.