What's new

Fabbri Drop Tower Slowed Down?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
What I think that has to be is testing. It may have just broke down and they're sending the car up and down to find where the problem is.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm sure most towers can be put on a kind of "Elevator" mode in which they can be took up and brought back down slowly, it's for maintenance issues etc.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, it's obviously going so slowly because it's on its side. Any fool knows that gravity doesn't work well that way :p

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ Of course, why didn't I think of that? :p

I remember on 'Scream if you Know the Answer' (not the best source, I have to admit :wink: ), the contestants had to be 'detonated' even if they won the game. I bet they'd be really pissed if they saw this video. :twisted:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Same thing happened to me on the Mega Drop at Pleasurewood. We were up there for ages before we slowly came back down to earth. And I tell ya, them things dont half sway in the breeze!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking of Detonator and "breaking down", I remember a story about a ride op who once stopped the ride at the top and made his friends sit up there for some ten minutes, "as we've had a slight technical difficulty. I'll get an engineer to look at it, then we'll slowly lower you back down" (there were apparently speakers in or around the car somewhere).
He even got a park engineer to mumble "Oh crap!" into the ride mic before starting the ride again, releasing the car into a free drop. If I recall correctly, this story was posted by someone on here some time back. Anybody remember who? It sure is a good story, but I'm not too sure on its credibility...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Not the same but I've done something similar. I think it was the Last time i went to Pleasurewood, I was annoyed as i wasn't tall enough for Mega Drop when all my brothers and freinds were going on it. Luckily the ride op was very kind and let me into his hut and gave me control of the drop button.

I knew one person on it hated drop towers so I left them up there for as long as possible!