What's new

F-15 - Travelling Schwarzkopf Shuttle

Bear

Roller Poster
F-15 is a developed version of Schwarzkopf's Wiener Looping shuttle coaster, designed for touring the fair circuit globally. Features include:

- 50mph launch into two 3g helices;
- 60ft vertical loop;
- 131ft 70 degree spike;
- "faux launch" effect on reverse spike;
- Traditional poor tracking and roughness;
- Fully portable structure, including station and enclosed launch.

Download!

I may add a queue line and fencing at some point, but for now here are some screens of what I have finished.

F15-2.png

F15-1.png

F15-4.png

F15-5.png

F15-3.png

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok. I've got one symbol to sum this up:

<3

I loved it. It's a nice little layout. Really fun, forceful, smooth, creative. I loved it. Great work.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That looks absolutely awesome! Great compact layout and nice job with the supports! The colors are even really cool.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Me said:
Dear Schwarzkopf,
Get the **** out of that tumb and start building this.
Kind Regards, ATF

Looks fab! It is fast, fun and entretaining. Two constructive comments, the launch is a bit sopt to start off, and how the bl**dy hell are you meant to put 2200 riders there in an hour?

Bear

Roller Poster
AltonTowersFan said:
Me said:
Dear Schwarzkopf,
Kind Regards, ATF

Looks fab! It is fast, fun and entretaining. Two constructive comments, the launch is a bit sopt to start off, and how the bl**dy hell are you meant to put 2200 riders there in an hour?

The launch is soft because:

- Flywheel-powered drive tyres only have a certain amount of torque when launching at speed;
- Launching into a 3g turn would be a little bit more intense than I wanted and overshadow the immense forces in the loop.

And I forget how I came up with 2200 hours per hour, but bear in mind this would be with ridiculously organized German fair ride operators; I know that Olympia Looping can dispatch trains every 25 seconds!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But this is a shuttle coaster. So how quickly a full-circuit coaster dispatches is irrelevant. ;)

Bear

Roller Poster
Hixee said:
^But this is a shuttle coaster. So how quickly a full-circuit coaster dispatches is irrelevant. ;)

Gaahhh that'll be how I worked it out then, disregard that figure as it's horribly inaccurate :lol:

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Bear said:
AltonTowersFan said:
Me said:
Dear Schwarzkopf,
Kind Regards, ATF

The launch is soft because:

- Flywheel-powered drive tyres only have a certain amount of torque when launching at speed;
- Launching into a 3g turn would be a little bit more intense than I wanted and overshadow the immense forces in the loop.

And I forget how I came up with 2200 hours per hour, but bear in mind this would be with ridiculously organized German fair ride operators; I know that Olympia Looping can dispatch trains every 25 seconds!
What im saying is that the first few secs of the launch are VERY soft, but then you get this MASSIVE acceleration...

Bear

Roller Poster
It's set to 1G (or something like) all the way down, I think it just seems faster towards the end because you're thrown into a tight turn as opposed to having a little bit of straight track to allow the acceleration to finish doing it's thing.