What's new

Fårup My Frikadella Trip Reports!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Come on then you lucky badgers - let us know what's going on here!

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I just thought I'd come in behind and echo what Leighton said :p

And we're standing in the hotel typing with a countdown :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Indeed free champagne and Colossos is AMAZING!
And German keyboards are weird.
Watching the countdown till our tinternet goes.
O

Steven

Giga Poster
I got 24hr free wifi but still only to keep it short. Fantastic day we got free champaine because colosus (sp?) was closed until the last min. when they did fix it. Well done Hyde Park

Snoo

The Legend
It could be more intense. I find that to be true with different versions of the Batman Invert clones. Hardly different but completely different experiences.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ But thats because some of them vary in size. I've always been under the impression that these two are identical apart from the end?

Do tellll :)

^ They are all the same height, but they vary in length. They're either 2,700 feet, or 2693'.

I don't get it though, because they all have the same layout, the one at Great Adventure having the exact same layout/length as the one at St. Louis, but one is listed as lasting 1:30 and the other is listed as lasting 2:00.

Ben

CF Legend
^That would only change because of how they measure the time, or whether they want to make it look longer than it is!

^ True.. I'm guessing maybe one measures from start to when it hits the brakes, and one maybe from start to when it arrives back in the station?

tks

Strata Poster
King Goon said:
I got 24hr free wifi but still only to keep it short. Fantastic day we got free champaine because colosus (sp?) was closed until the last min. when they did fix it. Well done Hyde Park

Spelling Colossos right is the least of your problems...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ True.. I'm guessing maybe one measures from start to when it hits the brakes, and one maybe from start to when it arrives back in the station?

Nah, it crosses an international time zone, which screws up the stopwatch.

Have fun in Djurs today peeps! Please, somebody steal Steven's free wifi to stop him posting???

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't know why anyone would say Desert Race is much better than Rita, I have been on both and there is hardly any difference at all.

In fact I probably prefer Rita as there is more going on, going through the trees etc. Desert Race there is the stupid helicopter and a few rocks and a jeep woo.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
^Because it's not as rough. I'm not that thrilled by either!

Djurs Sommerland today, lovely place! Great place to just have fun, which we did :D. In an exceedingly childish way of course :p.

Piraten ERT - oooooooooooooooh yes! It wasn't fully up to speed in the morning, but it's still a fab coaster - those S-bends are now my favourite bit of a coaster track, I want to take them home ^_^.

Thanks to Henrik and his team at Djurs for a wonderful time :).

Off to Tivoli Friheden in 15 - Cobra death awaits!

marc

CF Legend
Great trip so far, really nice to meet Jerry and the kid.

Parks have been great so far, message to Thorpe get a mega lite :) so much better than expected.