What's new

Eurovision 2015

TilenB

Strata Poster
Eurovision 2015 grand final takes place today!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mTNpyvRwc[/youtube]

Who are your favorites, who do you think will next Conchita as the Eurovision Song Contest? Currently the hottest bookies' favorite is Swede Mans Zermerlöw, closely followed by Russia's Polina Gagarina and Italian operatic trio Il Volo. Does anybody think any of these can make it or do you have a different favourite for the win?

My personal favorite for tonight is (this year's) Belgium. The song and the performance were as good as it can get for an Eurovision entry, so I hope Loic is in for a really high finish. My other two favorites being Estonia and Italy, I hope any of the three can get a really nice finish in the end rankings.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjH-HYAFICg[/youtube]

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I hate all entries this year so I'm rooting for Australia. I would root for Belgium or Sweden (because neighbour and fave country) but I hate their entries too much. Seems like the quality is going downhill every year.

mouse

Giga Poster
I like Germany and Latvia's songs.

My predictions :p (in order of likeliness of winning)
4. Israel
3. Slovenia
2. Serbia
1. Sweden

_koppen

Hyper Poster
This is by very far the worst Eurovision I've seen. The songs were absolute crap and the so called "entertainment" between is horrible!

peep

CF Legend
I thought there were a couple of good songs this year but definitely one of the worst we've had in a long time. Glad Sweden won.

The camera work was dreadful though and was generally a bit of a shambles.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I loved Serbia's entry, as well as Australia's. It's a shame it was just a one off for them but kudos for joining in with the Eurovision madness.

I loved Sweden's entry too, it was probably my favourite, amazing song and with the interaction with the graphics. Fab. Deserved winners.

I dressed up for the occasion. Any guesses as to what country my costume was based on? ;)

11227772_10205902437194454_2998253356917832990_n.jpg

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The graphics on Sweden's entry were great, but didn't like the song.

In fact - Most of the songs were crap! Slovenia and Norway were great though

And surely the UK entry was worth more than 5 points??

Jake

Strata Poster
I don't think the UK entry even deserved 5 - it was terrible.

This was by far the worst Eurovision I can remember, just full of really dull songs. I want to watch a load of camp, crazy stuff. I liked Belgium but I think I'm fairly alone in that.

mouse

Giga Poster
^ No, I also really liked the Belgium song :)
I also thought Serbia, Latvia and Georgia was brilliant, as was Sweden's special effects. I don't think Germany and Austria deserved nul points, I guess Austria's gimmick of the flaming piano just doesnt have the same impact as their whole bearded lady thing last year...
And we shall not speak of the UK entry.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I thought the UK had a decent entry though, I re-watched it earlier just to see if my memory confirmed it when sober. It's just a shame the two singers can't sing for toffee, it was a good catchy tune. Disappointed.

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ UK entry did seem to be a lot better in the official video, whereas it came out as dull and cheap live. The tune was so annoying and seemed repetitive. Seriously underwhelming for a country with such a music history as UK has to keep sending such poor entries throughout the recent decade... I'm surprised it even scored any points, considering Germany and Austria both ended the night on 0.

As it goes for the our (Slovenian) entry, I'm a bit disappointed of it only finishing on 14th place. It certainly had the potential to get high, but it was, IMO, mostly ruined by poor staging. The whole performance seemed like a rather tacky mess of randomness... :S

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
If we wanted to win the Eurovision we could :p I honestly think whoever decides what act to sends can't be bothered with winning and then having to pay a shed load of money to put it on...that's what I tell myself anyway ;)