What's new

Eurostar is BACK!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In somewhat surprising news. The famous travelling inverted coaster Eurostar is back.

The ride is at Detskiy Park (Formerly Anapa Childrens Park) in Anapa, Russia and looks like its been refurbed a bit in the time since it closed at Gorky Park in Moscow way back in 2011

The ride may not be the most highly rated but its good to see such a unique and iconic ride still running

The ride can be seen on Google maps here - https://www.google.com/maps/@44.904016,37.324856,333m/data=!3m1!1e3
Eurostar1.JPG Eurostar2.JPG

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just saw this on fb. Was NOT expecting that! What a day for industry news! Any idea if it's touring or fixed at a park? Assuming it's a permanent fixture for now? Crazy news haha. (Can thriller come back now pls???)

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
I'm so happy this is back I've always wanted to ride this! Too bad I won't be getting to Russia anytime soon though.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just saw this on fb. Was NOT expecting that! What a day for industry news! Any idea if it's touring or fixed at a park? Assuming it's a permanent fixture for now? Crazy news haha. (Can thriller come back now pls???)

I can't say with 100% certainty but the ride appears on the park map and I'd assume its permanent. It arrived in pieces there last September and was built in March.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I can't say with 100% certainty but the ride appears on the park map and I'd assume its permanent. It arrived in pieces there last September and was built in March.
Wow, I guess it took a while for people to find out if it arrived in September! I guess it could always do what OL does and do random residencies at places as it has the ability to move, but yeah, probably going to be there for good now. (Wait until the winter wonderland rumours start regardless haha)

Peet

Giga Poster
Good mysteries!

I have wondered where the Euro Star transportable inverted coaster is. It used to run at Oktoberfest alongside Olympia Looping and was last seen as a permanent attraction at Moscow's Gorky Park which closed as an amusement park in 2011. The internet does yield some pictures of it dismantled (not torn down) in 2012:
View attachment 3720
(Source http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69985&start=10)

With it being designed to be portable you would think that they would have found a buyer for it, but it hasn't yet reappeared so it is looking increasingly likely that it was scrapped.
Nice one @roomraider , I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Let's hope that one day this coaster escapes Russia and makes it back to somewhere more accessible!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A bit of non Eurostar related news i hadnt realised but the other missing coaster from Gorky Park. The unique SDC Reverse Coaster, Silber Mine has been travelling in Italy for the last few years.
EPV0035.jpg

It seems the ride was refurbished by Fabbri and the trains switched out for more standard non rotating trains. (the originals trains rotated mid way through the ride to do the 2nd half backwards i believe)

Here's a POV of the now refurbished ride.

It's currently for sale again as a used ride and im sure would make a nice little addition for a small park.