What's new

Eurosat 2.0 - Refurbishment - Europa Park

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
40392851_606288449769005_9116246618960560128_n.jpg

Current overview of the new frontage of Eurosat Can Can Coaster.
From Facebook Tresor-Photo

Ethan

Strata Poster
Notice the darker tiles on top. It looks like the sphere is getting foil coated.
I could be wrong, but might the different colour tiles be where they're replacing the ones they had to take off, and they haven't been coloured yet?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I could be wrong, but might the different colour tiles be where they're replacing the ones they had to take off, and they haven't been coloured yet?
When asking about the tiles on Coasterfriends.de, I have been told they are getting foil coated. I am pretty sure they were still silver when the sphere has been closed after the replacements of the tracks was finished.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that looks lovely! No trace of the old theme, and a very nice looking package now. I look forward to trying this again on my next visit!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Love everything about this, especially the orchestrated version of the old techno tune. The illusion on the lift hill is really clever too, I imagine on ride it will feel like you've gained so much height before the first drop.

Same treatment for Euro-Mir next year please.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Yeah that Eiffel Tower illusion is amazing. Is it projected onto a solid model or something? I can't work it out.
Definitely looks like a fab redevelopment. Kinda reminds me of Vogel Rok to an extent.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah that Eiffel Tower illusion is amazing. Is it projected onto a solid model or something? I can't work it out.
It appears to be a big model that stands in the center of the lift hill, rotating at the same rate as the coaster climbs the spiral, so it appears to be stationary from the rider's point of view. Maybe the model even descends or contracts a little as you reach the top, giving the illusion of further height. It's hard to tell from the video.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
It appears to be a big model that stands in the center of the lift hill, rotating at the same rate as the coaster climbs the spiral, so it appears to be stationary from the rider's point of view. Maybe the model even descends or contracts a little as you reach the top, giving the illusion of further height. It's hard to tell from the video.
That's an amazing feat! Damnnnn

@Climb your fave park has done it again ;)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
The way that EuroSat’s “lift” works is that it’s essentially a massive spiral around a rotating cylinder, there’s a side mount on the trains that then gets pushed by the spinning cylinder, pushing the train up the spiral. The Eiffel tower model is simply placed in the centre of this cylinder and spins at the same rate as the train because it’s what is giving the train it’s movement.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
The way that EuroSat’s “lift” works is that it’s essentially a massive spiral around a rotating cylinder, there’s a side mount on the trains that then gets pushed by the spinning cylinder, pushing the train up the spiral. The Eiffel tower model is simply placed in the centre of this cylinder and spins at the same rate as the train because it’s what is giving the train it’s movement.
Ahhhhhh thanks. So clever planning using an existing design feature.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Sorry to disappoint but this was a real let down IMO.

The queueline and entrance themeing is great but the on ride themeing is awful by Europa Park standards. It was still good fun and the on board can can music is brilliant.. but it should be so much better.

It's like the Duel TLC team had some florescent paint left over and sent it to Germany.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Some videos from RollercoasterGirl on Youtube, (her channel is small but she actually very good and speaks English in her videos), showing off the queue line and another POV.

Looks fab, especially that lift hill. Now all I want is Phantasialand to do the same thing to Temple of the Night Hawk, but theme it to lederhosen.