What's new

Eurosat 2.0 - Refurbishment - Europa Park

Lofty

CF Legend
What exactly do you mean with "not a space theme per se"? I can see it's not Science Fiction any more, but from what I saw I am expecting a space journey that starts in old France.
Nah, that's the thing, from my understanding it doesn't actually have a space narrative and the moodboards, logo, car styling and name that I saw didn't imply any form of space travel theme.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Nah, that's the thing, from my understanding it doesn't actually have a space narrative and the moodboards, logo, car styling and name that I saw didn't imply any form of space travel theme.
One one of the artworks you can see a moon and stars depicted above the new entrance (on the blue plate). Also, they stressed several times that they want to keep the "core and the soul" of the attraction, for me that's a clear hint that the space theme will remain, but presented in a different way and style.

Lofty

CF Legend
The new name and theme of the attraction do not have any form of space element to them, Ireeb. I was recently in the Mack Solutions office looking at the plans, renders, concept art and proofs of the logos.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
The new name and theme of the attraction do not have any form of space element to them, Ireeb. I was recently in the Mack Solutions office looking at the plans, renders, concept art and proofs of the logos.
screenshot_20171107-141221_01.jpg

That still looks like a moon and stars to me.

Lofty

CF Legend
It might do, the narrative that was plastered all over their offices isn't space related, tho. So...

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It might do, the narrative that was plastered all over their offices isn't space related, tho. So...
Do you know if the narrative was final? Or maybe it was for the VR-Ride? Many people love Eurosat the way it is, even the Macks, and they were rather reluctant to change it at all, but it was necessary.
That's why I doubt that they would change it that much. Especially because of the emotional connection the Macks have to it, since their (grand)father designed it and was proud of it. Completely changing the ride would mean partially erasing that memory.

Lofty

CF Legend
From my understanding, and what I was told, it was the final one. Plus, the name they've gone with sort of couldn't be massively space orientated anyway? I think that the new queue line and entrance may mean that the VR could be space, but the conventional won't be. It was all very confusing to be honest ha. From what I saw, though, it wasn't space themed and the new theme was really cool.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
From my understanding, and what I was told, it was the final one. Plus, the name they've gone with sort of couldn't be massively space orientated anyway? I think that the new queue line and entrance may mean that the VR could be space, but the conventional won't be. It was all very confusing to be honest ha. From what I saw, though, it wasn't space themed and the new theme was really cool.
My other question is: If it's not space, what else does the darkness inside the dome represent?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My other question is: If it's not space, what else does the darkness inside the dome represent?
The catacombs of Paris? Any number of dark areas of large historic buildings (Notre Dame, for example)?

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It started out being serious, but I dragged it on for a laugh ;)
Well, I was kinda poking him with questions.
If it's fab or not is the one thing,
But if it's still Eurosat or not is the other thing.
To me, that coaster always gave me a special feeling, which I didn't get from any other coaster. That's why I would not be happy if the feeling/atmosphere of the coaster would change completely. They announced and I expected a renovation of Eurosat, not a new attraction, which coincidentally has a similar layout.
There are still a few more things in my head:
-Someone told me they talked about the soundtrack with Mr. Mack. He said the current soundtrack will be remixed.
-The sphere will remain silver with that sci-fi touch
-The entrance has the mentioned plate with the moon and the stars
How does that all fit in with a not-space-theme?
I'm sorry but I just can't imagine anything else that would work well with the coaster and wouldn't upset the fan community.

Lofty

CF Legend
You'll see soon enough, but, either the VR version, or the normal version doesn't have a massive space influence as the theme and name for the coaster is really restrictive. But very cool.

Ben

CF Legend
Don’t worry Ireeb, I’d be confused if someone was telling me all the info I have is wrong without any evidence or details l other than ‘cause I know’.

I guess just wait and see how the public information changes and fits into this mystery theme that I think Mark possibly may have seen or know about (and then told the world about how someone showed him secret stuff?)

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
Don’t worry Ireeb, I’d be confused if someone was telling me all the info I have is wrong without any evidence or details l other than ‘cause I know’.

I guess just wait and see how the public information changes and fits into this mystery theme that I think Mark possibly may have seen or know about (and then told the world about how a director showed him secret stuff?)
I didn't tell the world that that certain person showed me anything, you've literally just posted that based on a private Facebook message, Ben, not the CF forums...

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
I didn't tell the world that XXX showed me anything, you've literally just posted that based on a private Facebook message, Ben, not the CF forums...

OK I’ve edited that, but I am sure the man knows his own role?

Lofty

CF Legend
OK I’ve edited that, but I am sure the man knows his own role?
I'm not breaching anything, I wasn't allowed to say anything specific to Eurosat, or the other projects, to which I still haven't.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm not breaching anything, I wasn't allowed to say anything specific to Eurosat, or the other projects, to which I still haven't.

You’re missing the main point of my post, which isn’t about what you should or shouldn’t post, or what parks read the forums...

It was more around the fact it’s a bit rude to moan at Ireeb for making the logical presumptions based on public information if you’re not going to offer anything more than smug remarks that the park have shown you stuff. There’s barely a project going on in the World that one of us on here doesn’t know about but it’s about showing some tact.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
You’re missing the main point of my post, which isn’t about what you should or shouldn’t post, or what parks read the forums...

It was more around the fact it’s a bit rude to moan at Ireeb for making the logical presumptions based on public information if you’re not going to offer anything more than smug remarks that the park have shown you stuff. There’s barely a project going on in the World that one of us on here doesn’t know about but it’s about showing some tact.
While I am very confused right now, I see that Lofty is just trying to tell me as much as possible without giving away the secret information he's not allowed to tell. It's not particularly helpful, but I see it as good intent.