What's new

Ethan's Dev Topic - Stuff and things

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - Project Gale [Page 5]

^^ Again, thanks for the advice!

I've changed the first photo after adding more supports on both high-speed turns (the other one is not visible). You're right it is an Intamin, for some reason I just prefer bi-rail on small(er) coasters such as this.

Oh and just to warn you, I may have used your worst nightmare... auto-flanger :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - Project Gale [Page 5]

"It came from above, there was no stopping it"

KHI1N.png

"My husband was out fishing by the lake. I call him but his cell is dead"

ovdn1.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - Tertuga's Hurricane [Download Page 5

Something i'm working on...

ioIkF.png

3ytRR.png

ahznO.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - B&M Invert [Page 5]

I'd like to see more, but from what I can see, I am not a fan of the supports. Some are too thin, and others do not resemble B&M supports.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - B&M Invert [Page 5]

The supports look loads better. There are certain aspects of the layout that I love as well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - Savage [Download Page 5]

Not a bad ride at all. It felt a little slow in places, for example coming out of the the Immelmann during that turn, but overall the pacing was good and the layout was nice. It was pretty smooth and pump free and most of the bankings felt right, there were a few that felt a bit forced, but apart from that it was good.

I also like the slightly more unique layout, so overall well done. :D 7.5/10

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

There were some parts that felt forced, as Hixee pointed out. Other parts seemed to be shaped funny, but it was a smooth ride with a nice layout.

7/10

Ethan

Strata Poster

A family coaster in the making...

c7GdY.jpg

UqwKY.png

PxWzH.jpg

It's a CARtastrophe :)

Twn114

Roller Poster
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - CARtastrophe [Page 6]

Looks interesting, inspired by some of the new Mack rides going around?? it also looks like it has a healthy amount of airtime as well!

Lofty

CF Legend

Loving it. The new Mack Coasters are great fun for the whole family. I'm really liking this tight layout too!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Supports need a bit of work, and colours are not set in stone :)

F9DKU.png

yugpc.png

Y9Z62.png

Lofty

CF Legend

I like those colours. I know what you mean about the supports not being finished, it seems so under supported!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Haven't worked on supports yet, but ta da...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8JDB4JaEM&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Twn114

Roller Poster

I really like the layout, it flows really well and looks like it has some decent airtime, it looks really smooth apart from that very first transition between the launch and that first banked corner, it just looked like it snapped into the corner (if you know what i mean?) THats the only thing that i can pick out of the whole ride that needs just a little bit of attention

are you putting scenery to it? I think it will look and ride great once its finished!

Ethan

Strata Poster

I can definately see what you mean by the first transition, I've been struggling with it since the start. I'll try my best to get rid of it :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Ethan's Dev Topic - CARtastrophe [UPDATE]

The exit from the first turn/hill is a bit odd, as it dips after it straightens out... just doesn't seem right to me. Also, its too fast IMO, it just flies through the layout.