What's new

Escape Artist

A

Anonymous

So i have a new coaster!!! I've been practicing lots trying to get better and i think i've been getting te hang of making a better coasters, but i thought input could help so yeah. I had an idea,but since i suck at theming and every attmptto this point i have made has anded with.. yeah so the idea was taking a ride into the world of an escape artist. The first drop is like a magician escaping through a trap door and instead of boring your life with the rest of the details ill just leave it at it is the rest of the different acts a magician will act with lack of a better word!!!

Linkly-

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d4ff ... f6e8ebb871

Blaze

Hyper Poster
First impressions before riding in sim are thus:
Good:
Like the layout alot, not sure the forces will be anywhere near right, though

Bad:
Mostly no heartlining
Small trims should not be blocks and I'm not sure they serve a point
Awfull, awfull supports

Also, brake runs and stations should be slightly down hill incase of technical failure causes the drive tires to not work.

I will ride and then give a more accurate responce later.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I loved it! So original! It's like all of mine - great idea but really badly pulled off!

Thing is, I can't do compact, and that was pretty awesomely compact. The supports were a bit weird but at least they were not prefab. Also, riding it at 25% speed, the g-force goes red at 2 points. It seems a little too wacky at some places with very weird twists, bu overall I think it's a great first upload, better than mine anyway!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Like he said, not a bad concept.

The execution was dreadful. Did you use AHG? It felt a bit like it. If you did you'd obviously put a pretty rough track into it. For all the 'wonders' of AHG it doesn't smooth, infact it can make jerks worse.

If you didn't use AHG then I reckon you've got too many segments which are causing it to feel too rough.

That really was very rough and filled with jerks throughout the track. Concept was OK, but it really could've benefited from a smoother track. When you've had a bit more practice at NL and you're making nice smooth rides then go back to this and make it smoother. You'll probably have a winner then.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Hated the speedy 12mph lift then to go to 1mph. You could have sorted that crest out so you didnt have to do that. Also, if you're going to use AHG, make sure you use a lot of filter if the track is horribly rough as it accents every last little jerk. Anyways, stop being lazy and hand smooth :p The supports were manky and they probably wouldn't even hold the track up. One last thing, the pacing was horrible.

So thats the bad, heres the good.

I actually really liked the layout! It just shows what can be done with a coaster and with a few adjustments, it will be cooool.

4/10

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I found it extremely fun! Really wacky layout, it had pacing and very unique! Had a good mix of G's (if a bit extreme on the negatives), turns and inversions.

My only prob would be that it was fairly jerky. You felt every little bump.

6/10.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the feedback!!! You make me blush!!! :lol: Yeah im still working on the whole smotthing thing and i don't think i use AHG since i have no clue what it is! But, this is probably going to be a coaster im going to rvisit once i actually get good at smoothing! But yeah thanks a lot!!! It really helped!!!

Xpress

Strata Poster
AHG does simply the following:

Take your track, adds the heartline you specified, and also banks it, provided you inputed the proper speed settings. It also adds however many segments you specify. This is why a lot of coasters have 1 segment every 6-10ft., because AHG was used.

You however, added lots of unneded segments. To get a smooth coaster, use only the ammount of segments needed to gain proper control over an element. For your coaster, one segments every 25ft. or so would have been sufficient. If you would like to know how to use AHG tho, you can PM me (everyone else, do not turn this into a tool bashing topic).

Track:

Overall concept was great, liked the compactness. Your smoothing though was horrible, as there was literally a pump every segment. Your supports also were insufficient. I can also show you how to support a coaster well via pm if you would like me to.

Overall: 5/10

A

Anonymous

AHG seems way too complicated! How do you do it! i'd rather do it by hand but whatever floats your boat is fine! All i know is that it sure does make a smooth coaster! Not for me tho! :lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It's desperately simple.

-Input your track.
-Specify the number of segments (total)
-Input the distance of the heartline from the track (that data for that is in the AHG)
-Input the velocity going in
-Input the velocity going out
-Set up the precision and filter if you want to. I can't remember which way round they are now, but you can just experiment.
-Click Go

It's very easy. It just requires a very smooth track otherwise it'll play havoc with the jerks etc.

I don't recommend using AHG, but it's quite easy really.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Just dont do lifts brakes and transport sections, only actual track. Save the track as an element, save it on it's own as a track, do AHG, save the new track as an element, import into the ride and smooth it if it needs it.

Also, before you AHG and have the track, colour all the segments that you want to keep airtime, stay overbanked or stay close to what they already are black. Red and green segments control what segments lead into the banking, but they are not important, you can use black for the ends then just remove the few degrees of banking or add one more segment.

It is very simple and easy to use.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Oh yeah, I forgot about the colours.

You can also control the heartline using the colours.