Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Below average

• 1 - Hate it

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
What are your opinions on Equinox? I went on it last night at Ilkeston fair for the first time in 2 years and LOVED it. I sat at the very end and was going non-handed and letting my legs go free all the way. I just love how high you are and how intense it is. I also love how you kind of stand up on it aswell. What do you think?
equinox_pic.jpg

Richie

Hyper Poster
How could you say it is boring? It is so tall and so many differant routiunes can happen up there. Where did you sit on it and I don't find it painful at all :S

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Its the most insane ride i've ever ridden. Its just absolutely all over the place! I've never felt so disorientated, ever, as when I came off Equinox. When you get onto the saddle (because it is stand-up), they feel uncomfortable, but when the ride's in motion, you're getting thrown around so much you don't really need the saddle!

A

Anonymous

What an awesomely fun ride.

It's the first thing I've ridden at the state fair 2 years running.

The standing up thing is sort of strange, but the height is amazing [and makes me pray that I don't fall out].

Jake

Strata Poster
They look absolutly amazing... but I don't think there are any perminant installments in the UK, so I won't be riding one in a hurry.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I'd hate it, I have a huge thing against flats that just decide to spin in loads of different directions in different ways. they are very disorientating and mind boggling. In my opinion they are just a cheap way to make a "hardcore" ride.

I had to give it one, I'm really not fond on these rides.

Richie

Hyper Poster
The way you say "I'd hate it" makes it sound like you have not even ridden the ride. How can you rate a ride that you have not even been on or experienced? For example I thought that Rita would be very rubbish and cheap but when i actually rode it, I loved it.

joe

Mega Poster
It looks good, standing up rides are great. The spinning in all directions looks fun. But from what I hear and from what I have read it is painfull, I am not sure though, I would like to ride one.

A

Anonymous

it looks a great ride but I have to mention one thing. Have you seen the OTSR's? its basically like sticking a huge metal pole between your crotch!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yeah, the only restraints in the world that look like the grim reaper... Does go scarily close the the meat & two though.

Pierre

Strata Poster
It's absolutely awesome and is in no way boring. This flat really makes you disorientated and really makes you grip onto what you can and hold on for dear life, and obviously with it being a fairground ride, it always has that 'burst' of speed at the end.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Is the ride experience close to what you experience on Samurai?

I say this because I notice several similarities between both rides... and I just loved Samurai! Best flat ever!

tks

Strata Poster
The most frightening ride of my life. I was seriously scared out of my mind on this at the Leeds Valentines fair last year.

I came off white faced and I doubt if I would ever do one again. Being sat down and flung around i'm fine... But it's the standing up part which creeps me out.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Compared to Samurai, the KMG Tango is a lot more intense. I don't know how it compares to other Top Scans that are run on more intense cycles. From what i've experienced though, the Tango runs much faster, and is a more all-over-the-place experience.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Ive ridden both KMG Tango's and Mondial Top scans on really good settings like The Beast at Fantasy Island and Top Buzz at Nottingham's Goose Fair quite a few years ago and they are both crazy! Samurai is probably the most boring ride of my life which obviously is FAR less exciting and intense than Equinox. Equinox is more intense than Top Scans aswell even on the best settings possible. It's just the way you are standing and how much higher you go than Top Scans. They both feel completely differant to each other. Equinox meels more powered and it holds you in really scary positions like looking vertically down towards the floor for some length of time then flips you and you just fly around going crazy. On top scans you feel the speed more than on Tango's and you cant really compair the two because they are so differant. When I first saw Equinox at goose fair years ago I thought it would feel like a Top Scan but it doesn't at all. They are both amazing rides.