What's new

Epcot | Frozen Ever After | Themed indoor boat ride

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: Epcot | unknown | Frozen themed attraction

Thank you! Seems odd to go the the effort of changing the facade to something arguably less Frozen!

EDIT: I guess 'wharf/dock' could go with the fact its a boat ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Pink Panther said:
Thank you! Seems odd to go the the effort of changing the facade to something arguably less Frozen!

EDIT: I guess 'wharf/dock' could go with the fact its a boat ride.

I think it's got more to do with the fact that the innermost houses of the Norway pavillion are already themed to Bryggen (the wharf) in Bergen. Check the link in my previous post and compare to the houses next to (part of) the Puffin's Roost gift shop. Now they changed the entry facade to not!Maelstrom to resemble Haakon's hall at Bergenhus Fortress, so there's an entire Bergen corner in the Norway pavillion.

By the way, from what I can see of that sign, after a closer look, it seems like the next word starts with the prefix "Kjøle-". It means "cooling". Not sure what the rest of the word could be, but maybe my cousin will have some info to relay tomorrow. Either way, it seems like a neat little way to tie Bergen to Frozen. Cold things near the famous wharf? A fitting description of the Frozen attraction in the Bergen corner.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

CkY5TjDWUAE0pUJ.jpg

@WDWNT

Entrance sign!
CkcO12iXIAAWU4j.jpg

@skippercameron

Beautiful foliage now cover the rooves of the Royal Sommerhaus
CkY53kJWUAAL-HP.jpg

CkY53kNWkAAPpSn.jpg

source

Video update from Midway Mayhem showing pretty much the same thing. Starting from 0:30
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQCKT3Oc80[/youtubevid]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcQCKT3Oc80

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Aha! The full word is "Kjølelager". Seems like I was right on the prefix. "Kjølelager" means "Cold storage". "Bryggestredet Kjølelager" will then be "Wharf alley cold storage".

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Not the water ride, but the Royal Sommerhus is soft opening right now! It's only an Anna and Elsa Meet & Greet, but it looks absolutely gorgeous!

ClKLq5OWYAAxixz.jpg

ClKlJUJUYAE2uRB.jpg

ClK3TzNWkAAYOng.jpg

ClLAv6bWQAAlwSW.jpg

Inside is enchanting too!

ClKIJS4WQAEvczb.jpg

ClKV2OuWIAAKsbB.jpg

ClKLq5MWMAAM6Q3.jpg

ClKLq5kWEAEQw9r.jpg

ClKJtmTWEAAhSFC.jpg

The details here are so lovely

ClKJtm6WAAAbAco.jpg

ClK3oBoWIAE4RbH.jpg

ClK1ssaUYAMDF3v.jpg

And there was even a nod to Maelstrom!
ClKJQOIWkAEl8cq.jpg

Complementary video
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNDZKxRJ9E[/youtubevid]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNDZKxRJ9E

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

While I'm not too sure about the flower boxes, this looks like Norwegian architecture done right. Of course, I could always nitpick, but overall I say it looks really great.

Dar

Hyper Poster

Orlando Attractions Magazine posted a POV with a bit of a queue walkthrough too:
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72hUu6eObE[/youtubevid]

Speaking of queue, they also posted a picture of the current queue time:
13501848_10154234876439330_3164434333852132879_n.jpg

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster

I rode it early this morning!

It was good, but didn't blow me away. Seemed like a lot of empty space, but used new technology nicely.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Mess, you beat me to it :p

There's lots of activism throughout Orlando atm
Clep7dWWkAAP94f.jpg

Oh well, some pics of the queue and ride mostly covered by the video :p
ClefdjfWEAA2H-z.jpg

ClegVEcXEAESmfX.jpg

ClegixmWMAAvlKa.jpg

ClegizYWQAAAyMb.jpg

ClegjGxWkAAY8tt.jpg

ClegjE9WIAEmO4b.jpg

Clegs-ZWIAAea8Y.jpg

ClehTS2XIAAJWS6.jpg

ClehTTkXEAEfpnv.jpg

Cleheq2WEAAYAfi.jpg

ClejijxXEAAOoyO.jpg

Clejj9dWAAAQjxn.jpg

CleogkVWMAAgCJJ.jpg

ClelooVWEAAonFa.jpg

ClelopaXEAIVaB5.jpg

ClesDHTWAAAamad.jpg

CleoLpgXEAAf_Nx.jpg

CleoiQHWQAAG_PZ.jpg

Cles6zDWMAApCJo.jpg

Overall I hate the songs, but I think everything else is really great. Don't understand why anyone would wait that long just to say they rode it first day....

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Considering this was the queue/boarding area before hand, it's a massive improvement

20140911-maelstrom-3.jpg

Norway%2036.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I mean, I'd ride it once for the experience, but there's no way in hell I'm waiting 300 **** minutes for a Frozen attraction.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm seriously impressed with this, it looks incredible. As much as I love Disney Park original rides and am sad to see the likes of Maelstrom sacked off, there's no denying that this is amazing and will breathe a new lease of life into the World Showcase.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea what they have done with this is amazing, the rear face projected animatronics look incredible and move so life like, I love how the ride tells a mini Frozen story and having the backwards drop away from Elsa still singing in the distance is clever.

It just belongs in Fantasyland.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Looks good, and seems to me that they've adapted the old exit to be the new queue line. Is that right?

I know it's not a major ride but it's going to be very popular and has only taken 2 years to open. They should do more of these 'quickies'

Edward M

Strata Poster
Rode it yesterday. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of the songs from Frozen and disliked that it was mainly just floating from song to song, and there seems to be a lot of dead space around the amazing animatronics however the animatronics, effects, and overall atmosphere more than won me over in the end.