What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah there's some nice close-ups there. Although something about the unsteady/unsmooth zooming and panning that made that not the easiest thing to watch.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah that video is **** if you don't have a tripod. That guy needs to learn himself something. :p

As far as the ride.. same look it's been giving. I'm still in the camp that the airtime won't be crazy but it will be a interesting ride.

Matt N

CF Legend
Matt, your relentless optimism is fascinating. I wish I could get that excited about an opening ceremony I'm not even attending.
Thank you! It's a new hyper in Europe, which is always a good thing, and despite my not-so-good experiences of Intamin, I have faith in them to produce a brilliant ride here. Besides, it's something a bit different to a B&M hyper, as stunning as B&M hypers are!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Thank you! It's a new hyper in Europe, which is always a good thing, and despite my not-so-good experiences of Intamin, I have faith in them to produce a brilliant ride here. Besides, it's something a bit different to a B&M hyper, as stunning as B&M hypers are!
Well if you're just going off the Intamins in the UK, I sort of understand. I actually enjoy the Intamins in the UK, with the exception of Colossus. I don't even mind Shockwave!

Matt N

CF Legend
Well if you're just going off the Intamins in the UK, I sort of understand. I actually enjoy the Intamins in the UK, with the exception of Colossus. I don't even mind Shockwave!
I am going off of the Intamins in the UK, yes. Apart from Thirteen and Stealth, I don't particularly enjoy any of them. Rita and Colossus are both very, very rough, in my opinion, although I haven't actually been to Drayton and ridden Shockwave. I'm also going off of Cheetah Hunt, which while it is my #20 out of 42, I found it to have quite the rattle (although nowhere near Rita and Colossus levels) and while it was OK, it wasn't the life-changing experience that multi-launchers have always been implied to be. I'm hoping Icon will be better!

Anyway, today's the day! Who's excited?
P.S. I must stress as part of my Intamin hate paragraph that I have only ridden 6 of them.

Lofty

CF Legend
Also, I would take 'life-changing' with a complete pinch of salt. But, yes, Helix and Taron are in this bracket.

Matt N

CF Legend
Also, I would take 'life-changing' with a complete pinch of salt. But, yes, Helix and Taron are in this bracket.
I thought as much, thanks @Lofty. Maybe I used the wrong word; "amazing" would probably have been a better word than "life-changing".

Anyway, I really look forward to hearing some opinions flow in about Hyperion over the course of the night!