What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
From testing it looks like a beefed up floaty B&M hyper rather than a typical intamin ejector machine.

Hopefully that's not the case but either way it will be a **** hot coaster.

Luca B

Mega Poster
Any source on this? I find it really hard to believe that the park would take such a decision based on the opinions of a YouTuber and his followers, and not things like design cost, warranties, service deals, contracts for spare parts, estimated maintenance costs, reliability, portfolio of existing coasters, and a myriad of other factors. 99.9 % of the park's visitors would not be able to tell the difference between an Intamin and a Vekoma hyper even if they stood next to each other, so I really doubt brand image for guests was a deciding factor at all.
Do you not remember the competition in which people got to vote for the model they wanted?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Do you not remember the competition in which people got to vote for the model they wanted?

Was going to say this, the park put it to vote on their social media pages. Both proposals picked up a lot of attention and the result was no doubt influenced by popular personalities within the coaster community advertising the poll.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just because they opened a poll up to the public doesn't mean he was right, though... ;)

They clearly stated that the winning layout would be the one that gets built. Unless you have a decent source to say that this wasn’t the case then you can’t really argue with it surely?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They clearly stated that the winning layout would be the one that gets built. Unless you have a decent source to say that this wasn’t the case then you can’t really argue with it surely?
I'm not arguing against that. I'm arguing that a YouTuber's supposed 'influence' swayed the results enough to make a difference.

No way I could prove that, of course. No way anyone could, in either direction.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'm not arguing against that. I'm arguing that a YouTuber's supposed 'influence' swayed the results enough to make a difference.

No way I could prove that, of course. No way anyone could, in either direction.

Why? A popular YouTuber posts that there’s a poll and uses his influence to swing the votes. We aren’t talking a general election here we’re talking 2 Facebook videos with a few thousand likes.

If it can’t be proved either way I’d be more inclined to believe the park and it’s social media. This park is literally building exactly what enthusiasts want at a rate we can’t keep up with, I honestly see the poll as a legit way for the park to decide given the circumstances.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Yeah I doubt some arrogant kid with a camera and a cult of brainwashed teenagers that find his trash content remotely acceptable has enough influence over the industry to significantly sway a poll like this. I’m sure most enthusiasts know Coaster Studios is a joke and don’t take it seriously, and the ones that do probably wouldn’t have much of an eye on a park like Energylandia. Now some of his parody videos have actually gotten a good laugh out of me, but in terms of good serious content that’s presented well the channel is useless.

Not to mention I doubt a significant portion of the vote was from English-speaking countries. I bet most of it was non-enthusiasts from Poland and surrounding countries that just saw these two videos on their Facebooks and picked one. Enthusiasts make up such a small percentage of a park’s market to begin with, let alone casual enthusiasts that would follow a channel like Coaster Studios.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm inclined to believe the general narrative around purchasing rides, which is not to built whatever potential ride gets the most likes on a facebook video. No other park has ever done this, and even if it was with Government money, which this isn't by the way, then no board or management team would agree to such a thing.

Not sure where your logic has disappeared to recently Chris, you been smoking too much weed?

Pear

Strata Poster
I still think it was a bad decision by the park to have the public vote on one ride then change the layout twice after it won. I assume if people were shown this layout instead the voting results might have been different.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'm inclined to believe the general narrative around purchasing rides, which is not to built whatever potential ride gets the most likes on a facebook video. No other park has ever done this, and even if it was with Government money, which this isn't by the way, then no board or management team would agree to such a thing.

Not sure where your logic has disappeared to recently Chris, you been smoking too much weed?

I get that, but does this seem like a park that fits the general narrative? Considering it didn’t even exist a few years ago. The social media poll posted both rides that the manufacturers probably pitched to the park with the same constraints (budget, space, capacity etc) and let the public decide. I know it seems illogical but I bet you lot with logical approach wouldn’t have this park getting the biggest RMC, an Intamin hyper and a crazy launched Vekoma all within 6 years?

Just feel the the merry men on their high horses of knowledge were quick to jump to the conclusion that a park would never do such a thing as run a poll to see what ride the public prefer and decide to build the ride that the public prefer.

Care to elaborate on the last bit?

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
That is assuming the Vekoma proposal wouldn't have been altered as well. We don't (and won't) ever know.

I'm a little skeptical that an online poll was the deciding factor in such a massive investment.

Lofty

CF Legend
Also, as far as I can see from above not one person says that they wouldn’t run a public poll, that was not the point in question. They ran a poll, that was a fact and nobody could debate that. The likelihood of said poll making any difference to the actual ride is another debate entirely.

I agree with the above that it was part of the marketing strategy, really clever to ‘include’ people in the decision making of the park when in reality, it probably didn’t mean anything as the contracts were more than likely already signed and they could’ve EASILY manipulated the final outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
Sorry Chris it’s defintiely just marketing.

I don’t really know what else to say because it’s so plain to see.