What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It actually looks like it'll be quite a bit like Soaring With Dragon. It's got the initial big elements, followed by a reasonably low level series of corners and hills.

SWD is really, really good, but I think a lot of that is down to the launch(es) and non-inverting loop. If the first hill is close to Skyrush powerful then they might be on to something.

I reckon this'll be great.

Lofty

CF Legend
Looking great! Those first hills look to offer some nice floater, and the latter elements look quite intense and forceful if rider reports of I305 and Skyrush are anything to go by!

And I can see what @ATI means by this ride being very un-Intamin. Intamin tend to build very low-to-the-ground, twisty rides, whereas the first couple of elements on Hyperion really remind me of Shambhala for some reason.
Goliath, Skyrush, Flying Aces, Expedition Geforce, Ride of Steel, Superman - Ride of Steel, Superman The Ride are all Intamin and all have elements, or complete sections of the layout that Hyperion does. I actually think the closest contender anywhere else to this would be Skyrush? Far from Shambhala or any B&M.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I disagree. Those elements are kinda just.. there? Look at POV's of Skyrush and 305 and compare to this. Those rides snap through their elements and even in videos, you can tell punish you with airtime and intensity. This.. not so much. I'll be delightfully surprised if thats not the case as I've been wrong before but I'm just not seeing it yet.
This Skyrush POV definitely does not show the ride’s punishing airtime and intensity, so Hyperion could end up having brutal ejector airtime and force.

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ I really don't think this is that comparable to Skyrush though. Watching that POV you can see how much faster those hills are being taken. On Hyperion, none of the hills look to have airtime like Skyrush. I think it's going to be a great coaster, but I'll wait until reviews come in to make a final judgement.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This won't have ejector like Skyrush, though the first couple of elements will have some good ejector, for now, they aren't the same level of negatives. The lower section actually looks really good, I'm happy there's a bunch of different elements and forces in this thing.
It's an upgraded Bizarro/SROS to me, which is not a bad thing at all.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You have to remember that these are the first test runs, surely we all know that these runs are usually the slowest. If you take that into consideration, this thing will really fly I think as the pacing is pretty solid already. I do thing the shaping is alot more flowy than previous Intamin hypers but I have no doubt that this will be a powerful little beast. The only thing I would say about the layout design is I feel an extra larger hill could've easily been slotted in the second half the ride just for some variation against the low lying "pop" hills.

But yeah the first half, flowy design and those Intamin restraints (even might prefer these to Mack Mega Coaster ones) will definately make this a must-ride.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I actually think it looks pretty good tbh. Not incredible, but it just looks really fun. The first half looks pretty good and the dive looks like it'll only get better. I think the last few elements look like they could be a highlight? I know everyone above thinks opposite, but the final turns look really fun and I'd say that final airtime hill will give some decent ejector.

Matt N

CF Legend
Completely lost my :emoji_poop: watching the POV and snapped up a flight for September 14th. Now the tense wait for the opening date announcement begins.....
Are you visiting Legendia and getting on Lech Coaster while you're over there, out of interest?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Are you visiting Legendia and getting on Lech Coaster while you're over there, out of interest?
Yes, in fact my apartment for the trip is a half hour walk from the park.

Back to Hyperion, the POV did look great. Maybe not quite as ferocious as I was hoping in the lower sections but you just can't tell how snappy it will feel from watching shakey footage of the first run. All the hills look great and the restraints should let you feel them properly. I also love the headchopper the supports create on the twist and dive, looks like it will be a real 'whoa crikey' moment in the front seats.

Luca B

Mega Poster
This looks great! I really want to ride this some day. Sad that the Vekoma one wasn’t picked but whatever
I completely agree, the VEKOMA model looked much better than the Intamin, with it looking to provide better ejector airtime, and it looked to be really intense. It seemed to have a first half similar to El Toro (with some Skyrush style ejector hills) and a second half of I305, and hearing the reviews from Lech, it would have been a near perfect coaster. But I guess we’ll have to live with the Intamin.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Having one or two good elements does not make the best ride in the world. The first three elements, first drop, airtime hill, and dive do look great.. but the rest are severely I305-lite. But not even snappy. Twists and turns are fun.. but does not make a ride phenomenal. From the looks, floater throughout a majority of the ride with a few twists taken at moderate speed.

And you're wanting us to base this off of something we have yet to see.. more speed through these elements. Until then.. I stand by that this will be a good.. but far from great coaster.

Let's keep it in our pants until we know for sure. Calling this the best is like preordering No Man's Sky. You have no idea what you're gonna get based off of lacking visuals. Wait until you get the ball rolling in the seat to confirm before jizzing in your pants before hand.
Yeah but see... I never said this would be the best on Earth :) I said one of, which could mean top 5, 10, or 30. I find it hard to say that this will be "far from a great coaster," especially considering that this was the first test run.
And the finale looks quite good as well, the twist into the consecutive hills, which are taken at a very good pace. Really, by the looks of it there will only be one floater hill (unless those extremely gradual hills are floater as well).

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
I completely agree, the VEKOMA model looked much better than the Intamin, with it looking to provide better ejector airtime, and it looked to be really intense. It seemed to have a first half similar to El Toro (with some Skyrush style ejector hills) and a second half of I305, and hearing the reviews from Lech, it would have been a near perfect coaster. But I guess we’ll have to live with the Intamin.
The reason why Intamin won was because of Taylor’s fanboys (since he hates on Vekoma) and the Intamin fanboys. Does Intamin have more experience with this sort of ****? Yeah but let’s be honest here. The Vekoma layout was better . If they went with the Vekoma version, that would’ve been the best coaster of 2018. I love SV but if they went with the Vekoma one then yeah, I’d admit that it looks just a bit better. But I feel like this is a bit too short for my liking but what do I know? I haven’t ridden it yet but I hope to soon. It looks like top 5 in Europe though. I do think that Kärnan and WF will be a better but not by a lot

Hutch

Strata Poster
I barely remember the Vekoma layout, wasn't it very similar to what it is now?

I think it looks great. There's a lot of good looking elements in there and it seems to flow quite nicely. It'll have good airtime and some fun snappiness in the twist n dive and the Stengel.

Also Skyrush's Stengel dive looks rather tame in a pov, but that moment is intense af. Hyperion's seems to be taken at a faster speed so it should be good.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The reason why Intamin won was because of Taylor’s fanboys (since he hates on Vekoma) and the Intamin fanboys.

Any source on this? I find it really hard to believe that the park would take such a decision based on the opinions of a YouTuber and his followers, and not things like design cost, warranties, service deals, contracts for spare parts, estimated maintenance costs, reliability, portfolio of existing coasters, and a myriad of other factors. 99.9 % of the park's visitors would not be able to tell the difference between an Intamin and a Vekoma hyper even if they stood next to each other, so I really doubt brand image for guests was a deciding factor at all.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I'm sorry but coasters are not governed by teenage YouTubers. That's absolutely farcical.

The more logical reasons would be cost, maintenance costs, capacity, marketing reach and even things like personalities during pitching come into play. Absolutely not a silly teenage American with a camera.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The reason why Intamin won was because of Taylor’s fanboys (since he hates on Vekoma) and the Intamin fanboys.
Yes, that's the reason why.

Samuel-baby.gif