What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Luca B

Mega Poster
For me the second half looks as expected from seeing the off ride, which is fantastic, but the first half looks way better than I expected. There are definitely a couple great looking airtime moments in the first half which from the off ride looked quite weak. Overall with how the ride is running, it looks amazing and while I don’t think it’ll beat Hyperion or Zadra for me, it is such a good number 3 at the park.

Tom P

Roller Poster
What a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting them to realease the full POV until the theming's finished....I'm not too concerned with the trims as the coaster was designed with them in mind (to emulate the classic first drop, I guess) and you should still get good airtime in the back and as others mentioned the pacing looks great....and it also looks like it will have a separate unload station?

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, that looks phenomenal! Really well paced, lots of airtime, very smooth transitions and some nice hang time in the inversions too!

And the trim brake everyone was concerned about barely looks to bite at all to me, so that must be a positive!

Projektion

Mega Poster
Personally, I'm still not a fan of the first half, but the 2nd half looks a lot better than I was expecting, it really holds its speed well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It has some strange banking quirks after both launches, almost like it starts banking a little bit, stops then goes into the main bank.
I wondered that on the end of the second launch, but half ruled it out as a camera stabilisation thing. But maybe you're right...

It looks like the banking almost starts before the launch fins end.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What are these on the top of the top hat?
1612780162407.png
They kind of look like LIMs? Maybe they're doing an S&S and they're there to make sure the train makes it over if it stalls?

Last edited:

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
I wondered that on the end of the second launch, but half ruled it out as a camera stabilisation thing. But maybe you're right...

It looks like the banking almost starts before the launch fins end.

Maybe the track banks to the opposite direction just before the curve a little bit and then into the curve and the camera is stabilizing it?
I watched the first launch many times now and you see the track banking ever so slightly to the left, then to the right into the curve.

edit: look on the track, not on the horizon to see it

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I totally under-estimated the trench work on this coaster. They really milk every last foot, and then some, of height out of this ride!

Lukas.03

Roller Poster
Looks awesome! I am really impressed by how fast the acceleration on the first launch looks, almost linke on intamins LSMs

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
What are these on the top of the top hat?
View attachment 11066
They kind of look like LIMs? Maybe they're doing an S&S and they're there to make sure the train makes it over if it stalls?
As best I can tell they're a different kind of magnetic brakes, probably an adjustable trim (just on and off settings) as opposed to the fixed trim fins about 10 feet later. Older aerial pictures of the ride show some wiring running up to these rectangle trims, so that's my guess on that.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I totally under-estimated the trench work on this coaster. They really milk every last foot, and then some, of height out of this ride!

EL have gone nuts with digging lately. The whole of Aqualantis has been dug up and there will probably be no exposed dirt in sight. Everything under the minetrain has also been thoroughly dug up and will probably be replaced with something nicer than dirt and grass. EL must be spending a fortune just in digging. While SFMM haven't even bothered removing the parking lot lines.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
EL must be spending a fortune just in digging. While SFMM haven't even bothered removing the parking lot lines.
Choked on coffee laughing at that one!

It's been clear from the start money is of no issue for Energylandia. It's refreshing seeing a park (and manufacturer for that matter) putting their best foot forward on an entirely new layout!