Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Efteling to build an Intamin family launch coaster in 2020

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by CSLKennyNI, Oct 1, 2017.

1. CSLKennyNI

CSLKennyNI Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    ^Well its not the park promoting it as slow, its just a vain theme park news tabloid stating that it will not be fast.

Despite finding the park's last two new additions disappointing I've high hopes for this. They need a decent family coaster with a long ride time and high throughput. And if it has a dark ride section(s) it will be even better as that's where Efteling really excel (e.g. Baron and Flying Dutchman). Looking forward to seeing this develop.

2. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Who Knows...
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    I'm just going to pretend like the Loopings article wasn't mentioned tbh, not sure why people bother posting anything from that site here!

3. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Efteling are introducing a Cirque du Soleil like theater show in September.

Looopings.nl has tweeted in response:
    So they are suggesting that the rumours of the 2020 coaster having a circus theme are untrue. I suppose it is possible that the rumours were mixed up. If so I'm intrigued as what the theme, related to travel, could actually be.

EDIT: In true Looopings fashion they have now backtracked on this and claim that the coaster will be circus themed after all.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Matt N likes this.
  4. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    The latest rumour/leaked information going around is that the 2020 coaster will have a chain lifthill mid way through, with the launch at the start of the ride.

Together with the fact this allegedly will be a family coaster with a low top speed, I have seen people suggest this might be Intamin's take on Gerstlauer's Pegase Express/Firechaser Express style family coasters.

5. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Efteling's expansion plans still have not been approved yet due to environmental concerns. Apparently the environmental impact report is insufficient and some local residents have filed an objection against the park's master plan.

Despite this Efteling have said they are confident that they will still be able to open the coaster in 2020. However the park do have a plan B available just in case.

Source and Source

Matt N likes this.
  6. Phantasiastisch

Phantasiastisch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Well, if plan B is replacing the Bob, then it's all fine. ;)

Matt N likes this.
  7. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    If replacing Bob ends up being Plan B, then Plan A definitely needs to happen.

Can't lose Bob!! :(

8. Skip6788

Skip6788 Member

Best Coaster:
    Lech Coaster
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Well I think that Looopings is not reliable enough. It could be anything...a Gerstlauer Pegasus/Mack Slinky Dog concept/ Vekoma Mine train a la Big Grizzly?? Who knows...
    I hope for a g

9. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    ^The Intamin family launch rumours are not from Looopings; the rumours had been widely spread (it was first reported by Eftelist - a seemingly reliable source) before they jumped on the bandwagon and claimed to have the exclusive scoop.

Given that the park have delayed the decision on whether to rebuild or completely replace Bob to the end of this year I've read a lot of speculation on Dutch sites that using Bob's land is their Plan B.

10. Steel & Story

Steel & Story New Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Although Looopings are very much dickheads, their news (especially concerning efteling) is always very reliable. And they didn't 'jump on the bandwagon', those rumours have indeed been circulating for quite a while, but so have the rumours of a B&M flyer and a vekoma family coaster.

Looopings only report something if they have it confirmed by a reputable inside source, which is why all their symbolica 'scoops' and their early article of a Toverland wing coaster all turned out to be right.

Yes, looopings are absolute scum, but whether you like it or not, they are a reputable news source.

11. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I feel like I'm missing something as I do not know why everyone hates Looopings. Can anyone explain why there's so much hate towards them?

elephant58 and Matt N like this.
  12. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    elephant58 and Pear like this.
  13. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Thanks! I can see why people don't particularly like them now lol

Matt N likes this.
  14. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    You're welcome! Anyway, have we heard anything else regarding this other than that some locals are objecting to Efteling's masterplan?