Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Efteling to build a large new attraction in 2020

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by CSLKennyNI, Oct 1, 2017.

1. CSLKennyNI

CSLKennyNI Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    ^Well its not the park promoting it as slow, its just a vain theme park news tabloid stating that it will not be fast.

Despite finding the park's last two new additions disappointing I've high hopes for this. They need a decent family coaster with a long ride time and high throughput. And if it has a dark ride section(s) it will be even better as that's where Efteling really excel (e.g. Baron and Flying Dutchman). Looking forward to seeing this develop.

2. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    I'm just going to pretend like the Loopings article wasn't mentioned tbh, not sure why people bother posting anything from that site here!

3. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Efteling are introducing a Cirque du Soleil like theater show in September.

Looopings.nl has tweeted in response:
    So they are suggesting that the rumours of the 2020 coaster having a circus theme are untrue. I suppose it is possible that the rumours were mixed up. If so I'm intrigued as what the theme, related to travel, could actually be.

Matt N likes this.
  4. CSLKennyNI

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    The latest rumour/leaked information going around is that the 2020 coaster will have a chain lifthill mid way through, with the launch at the start of the ride.

Together with the fact this allegedly will be a family coaster with a low top speed, I have seen people suggest this might be Intamin's take on Gerstlauer's Pegase Express/Firechaser Express style family coasters.