What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

MrRC

Mega Poster
Today (17 Juli 2018) they where doing some testing (off public), u could here the lifthill run and they send some coaches through the track.

(No vids or photo's)

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Bob has been closed for more than 15 weeks by now due to persistent technical problems.
However Efteling has not given up: "The situation is currently unchanged", a spokesman said. "We still expect the attraction to open again in the future." When that should happen, is not clear. The information officer can give no indication. Work is still taking place.

It has been alleged for a while now that Efteling has been drawing up plans behind the scenes to replace Bob with a new attraction in the long term. But nothing has been officially announced yet. It is believed that management hopes that the old Bob open for a while first.

Source

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I hope it does reopen/ go through a big ol' refurbishment.
When I rode it this year I thought it was pretty weak but it's still a classic and deserves saving.

Climb

Mega Poster
I hope it does reopen/ go through a big ol' refurbishment.
When I rode it this year I thought it was pretty weak but it's still a classic and deserves saving.
Was just about to tag you to say you'd be GUTTED to see it go but you actually think it's salvageable. Hmm! Anyways, I hope they keep it. My ride on it seemed sketchy as hell but there are few and far between these coaster types and with some TLC who knows.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Was just about to tag you to say you'd be GUTTED to see it go but you actually think it's salvageable. Hmm! Anyways, I hope they keep it. My ride on it seemed sketchy as hell but there are few and far between these coaster types and with some TLC who knows.
Yeah I didn't like it, but agree that it's probably something unique enough to warrant some investment.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Translation;
Finally we can report it: The Bob will open again next Thursday!
1f4aa.png
1f917.png
however, this job no longer has eternal life.
That is why, in the spring of 2020, we open the double roller coaster Max & Moritz, a wink to the German story of Wilhelm Busch.
1f3a2.png
1f3d7.png

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Well the park had previously said if their 2020 plans for the land beside Vogel Rok couldn't be delivered in time (due to planning permission delays it cannot be now) they had a Plan B. And just as people had speculated Plan B was the Bob site.
Bit of shame though we'll never find out what that weird circus themed Intamin family coaster with a gimmick element of some kind, a lifthill and a launch would have been like. It sounded really strange.
http://coasterforce.com/forums/thre...in-family-launch-coaster-in-2020.41575/page-5

EDIT:
In this Tweet Efteling have said because this opens in 2020 they are taking some more time to open a new themed area in 2021 with a new attraction and some smaller rides. So maybe the circus coaster isn't dead?

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some more information:

The end of the Bob in the Efteling is in sight. The bobsleigh track from 1985 will be replaced by a new rollercoaster called Max & Moritz. The demolition of the Bob starts in September next year. The replacement - a double family rollercoaster from the German firm Mack Rides - opens in 2020.

It is an investment of 15 million euros.
"The Bob is still a very popular attraction after almost 34 years, but the ride requires more and more maintenance," says a spokeswoman. "The original manufacturer, Intamin, no longer produces that kind of ride, so we decided to create another roller coaster for the same target group."

For a higher capacity they have choosen a coaster with two tracks. However, there will not be a racing element as with wooden roller coaster Joris and the Dragon. "The minimum length is one meter, so that young children can ride." Efteling will announce the length, height, top speed and the exact type at a later date.

The alp theme of the Bob remains intact. The existing station building will also be reused. The new attraction Max & Moritz is based on the eponymous German story from 1865. This is about the two bad boys Max and Moritz, who make their village unsafe.

In the last four months, the Bob was closed due to a persistent technical problem. Next Thursday the attraction will open again. Efteling fans still have almost a year to say goodbye to the Bob. The last ride will probably take place around the end of August 2019. "Of course we will not let that pass unnoticed."

Source

So two tracks side by side. Other than Mack no ride type announced but based of the art people are speculating they will be powered coasters.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Fingers crossed for a +2, not some mobius bull****. :p

peep

CF Legend
This looks nice. A shame Bob will have to say goodbye as it's fab but the removal is understandable. (looks like I'll have to head out to get some final rides in)

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Max and Moritz? Going for another grim one, aren't we Efteling...
Shame that Bob is going, but interesting to see what they'll put up instead!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Woah, talk about good timing! I'm going for my first visit to Efteling next Friday, so this is a nice surprise as I'd assumed Bob was out of action for good.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I'm mostly happy that the "Spectacular adition" for 2020 isn't these 2 coasters, but is being delayed to 2021 :)

davidm

Strata Poster
And here is a Facebook post with a concept image of the Mack coasters
So that's literally the same image as earlier in the thread, only reposted by some fansite rather than efteling like the original one - do you even read things before you feel the need to post or does it just all come out of your brain like some sort of internet-diarrhoea?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
So that's literally the same image as earlier in the thread, only reposted by some fansite rather than efteling like the original one - do you even read things before you feel the need to post or does it just all come out of your brain like some sort of internet-diarrhoea?

Lol of course he doesn't read anybody else's posts nor take the time to do any research of his own before posting. What do you think this is, an internet forum or something? :p

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
650x370-birdview-max-moritz.jpg

In a Facebook post Efteling have described the new Max & Moritz coasters as for the whole family and is aimed specifically at children aged 4 to 10 years old.
Also when looking closer at the concept art it would appear that the two side by side tracks travel in the opposite direction to each other? Should make for some interesting interaction/cross over moments in the layout.
Screenshot_20181009-163027_Twitter.jpg

650x370-baan-max-moritz.jpg

650x370-ingang-max-moritz.jpg

Well the park had previously said if their 2020 plans for the land beside Vogel Rok couldn't be delivered in time (due to planning permission delays it cannot be now) they had a Plan B. And just as people had speculated Plan B was the Bob site.
Bit of shame though we'll never find out what that weird circus themed Intamin family coaster with a gimmick element of some kind, a lifthill and a launch would have been like. It sounded really strange.
http://coasterforce.com/forums/thre...in-family-launch-coaster-in-2020.41575/page-5

EDIT:
In this Tweet Efteling have said because this opens in 2020 they are taking some more time to open a new themed area in 2021 with a new attraction and some smaller rides. So maybe the circus coaster isn't dead?

On Facebook I've seen Efteling comment that the new area has simply been delayed, and now the official Efteling Blog has confirmed:
New in 2021: New Themed Area
In 2021 we will open a complete themed area. The new area will become part of the Reizenrijk (the travel themed realm that Vogel Rok and Carnival Festival are part of). In this new theme area, there will be a new major attraction and a few smaller attractions next to the Efteling Hotel. Additionally, the Efteling Hotel will receive some improvements.

So unless they change the plans we will presumably still see a major new coaster in 2021. (Rumoured to be a Circus themed Intamin Family Launched Coaster with dark ride sections).
Its going to be an exciting couple of years for Efteling!

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks like a really fun ride, although I am admittedly a little sad at the thought of such a unique ride leaving the park!

Also, I'm not sure whether this looks more like a powered coaster or a dueling Slinky Dog Dash...