What's new

Earthquake in Japan

Artichoke

Mega Poster
That's exactly what she said. That they're highly efficient and that it shouldn't take them more than a year to get things back to normal. A YEAR! As in ONE. I don't think she has all the facts of what's happend. Either that, or this is her way of coping with it all.

marc

CF Legend
KDGrizzly4Life said:
It's going to take Japan YEARS to fully recover from this. Hurricane Katrina was nowhere near as powerful and the United States took an extremely long time to become business as usual.

Thats because people were left to rot there, and it took ages before the clean up started there. (From what our news covered anyway which is probably wrong lol).

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The Japanese started working on a busted up road THREE days after the earthquake...

They got the efficiency to get the job done...

Though of course, with the nuclear plant..........

tks

Strata Poster
KDGrizzly4Life said:
It's going to take Japan YEARS to fully recover from this. Hurricane Katrina was nowhere near as powerful and the United States took an extremely long time to become business as usual.

Ah but nobody is prepared for disasters as Japan is. I bet they'll have all the houses built back in a months time! It would've been terrible if this had happened somewhere else, like CALIFORNIA.
(not aimed at anyone on this website)

There were some conservative estimates that said about 5 years to completely rebuild the destruction. The worst part is probably going to be clearing away all the debris and damage and finding the remaining missing. Over 10,000 people still unaccounted for, sadly I can see a good proportion of those people will never be found if they were swept out to sea as the Tsunami retreated.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Most news agencies have moved on, but the death toll is now over 10,500 with over 16,500 still missing.

The nuclear plant mess keeps getting worse with setback after setback. There is minor progress, but a lot of bad news, too.

Sigh. I wish my wife would go back to the US, even if she brought her parents with her to stay at our apartment until the worst of this whole thing was over.