Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Bourbon

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Tequila

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Another topic got me wondering what type of adult beverages you indulge in when you have a night of drinking. Of age people only, of course!

For me, if I'm sitting at home and just want to sip something it's red wine for me. Usually cabernet Franc, cab Sauv, or Shiraz, but I'm not picky.

As far as drinking for a night out, always rye and water. I won't mix with pop, ever. I think Canadian Club and Forty Creek are the two I most prefer.

Will

Strata Poster
If I'm only having one or two, I'm happy with beer, preferably real ale.

When I rediscovered alcohol a few years ago, I made the move from vodka to whisky - I like bourbon but it's too sweet to drink much of (and I'll still have vodka occasionally if I want to mix with soft drinks) but as a general rule, I drink affordable blended scotch :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Gin and Tonic.
I currently have over 20 different bottles of Gin in my pantry, love the stuff.

I'm partial to a good single malt as well, and love good beer, generally ales but do love a nice stout or porter.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Why is tea not on the list? Can't beat a cuppa tea!
I'm not much of a drinker to be honest, bit of a lightweight - 2 shandies and I'm nobody's, but when I do drink I'll usually go for beer. Can't go wrong with the American light beers - Bud, Coors, Miller etc...
Don't mind a Hoegaarden every now and then.
Most 'proper' ales are disgusting though.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm not much of a drinker outside social settings, and those are rare still, but it all depends on setting.

If I want to sip something light, i can **** up sangria like a basic bitch at a Lady Gaga concert. If I had a long day, typically whiskey and coke, or rum and coke.

If I'm grilling out, beer, typically Shinerbock.

If I wanna get drunk immediately, Jager.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm a cider person. I've tried liking beer and people have tried to make me like beer, but it's not happening. Alternatively, gin and tonic, or various fruity cocktails if there's no cider on offer.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Usually go for a Guinness or a lager such as San Miguel or Budweiser. Used to be a big cider fan but haven't done much drinking in the last couple of years.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Rarely drink but when I do, Ale or cider for me. Ale tends to be for 1 or 2 the pub to enjoy the drinks, cider more for parties.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lager, so I've voted beer which although is a completely different thing it's the closest I can get.

Partial to gin too.

mouse

Giga Poster
Currently on the guinness, but I drink more lager in the summer. Not keen on ciders or overly sweet drinks.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Why is tea not on the list? Can't beat a cuppa tea!
I'm not much of a drinker to be honest, bit of a lightweight - 2 shandies and I'm nobody's, but when I do drink I'll usually go for beer. Can't go wrong with the American light beers - Bud, Coors, Miller etc...
Don't mind a Hoegaarden every now and then.
Most 'proper' ales are disgusting though.
Who are you and where the hell did you come from? ;) I swear you are the weirdest person ever conceived. **** dude, and I have to spend 10 days with this creature....

Snoo

The Legend
Any solid Ale, regardless of brand, usually hits the spot. I'm partial to local brands opposed to big names as they always taste better.

However, if I'm fitting to get DRUNK.. tequila and rum usually hit the spot in some capacity. Don't get me started on some Everclear though.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Who are you and where the hell did you come from? ;) I swear you are the weirdest person ever conceived. :emoji_poop: dude, and I have to spend 10 days with this creature....

I know, right? S'gonna be ace :D

Edit: ^And this is coming from the man who has 20 bottles of gin in his pantry. Not sure what's worse, the 20 bottles of gin or the fact that you have a pantry. What is it, the 1950's? Who the f**k even has a pantry these days anyway?
My nan had a pantry.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
Alchemist Brewery Vermont do some lovely beer @Snoo

If I'm ever in Vermont, I'll be sure to stop by. Ohio has a surprisingly huge amount of microbrews which are phenomenal on a number of levels. Hyde and I have made a concentrated effort to visit as many as possible in Columbus and we've been very successful. :D

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Wine. Loads of lovely red wine. Oh, and beer. But good beer, German/Spanish/Belgium. No American beer (sorry guys, it’s like piss...)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I know, right? S'gonna be ace :D

Edit: ^And this is coming from the man who has 20 bottles of gin in his pantry. Not sure what's worse, the 20 bottles of gin or the fact that you have a pantry. What is it, the 1950's? Who the f**k even has a pantry these days anyway?
My nan had a pantry.
A pantry is like a larder, do you have one of those?

Maybe you had one during the war? Tell us some of your stories from back in the day, did you see the titanic set sail?

Climb

Mega Poster
It really depends on the occasion. If I'm going for a casual drink then lager. If I'm going out, usually rum or white wine.