What's new

Drievliet vs. Duinrell for cred running

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
After GhosterForce, myself and two fellow goons from the UK south coast are heading to Duinrell and Drievliet to get the creds. (I'm basic when it comes to creds in The Netherlands.)

We plan to do both parks in one day which, I presume, will be easy enough on a weekday in October. Even if it is half term. Hopefully.

Out of the two parks, which one would you suggest cred running and which one worth be worth spending a bit more time in? I see Duinrell has a SkyFly which I'd like to do, but Drievliet looks like it has the better creds. Is one park usually busier than the other, or have crappy operations? Help us decide, CoasterForce!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Drievliet's creds are awful, as much as I dislike Gerstlauer, I would much rather ride Falcon over and over than anything at Drievliet.
There's not much other than the creds either, the Ghost Train is pathetic. Only the Afterburner is worth a ride.

Edit; Re-read and a little harsh, Formula X has a decent airtime hill but other than that it's not great. The mouse CAN DIE IN ETERNAL FIRE THE PIECE OF ****!

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah when I was there the other week, spent 90 mins at Drievliet (burdenous Q at FormulaX) and a few hours at Duinrell ; its just a nicer place.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Agree with above.

I did both parks in a day easily, and that was doing it as a day trip from Amsterdam and using public transport the whole way. Assuming you're driving, so it'll be a piece of piss.

With regards to rides, there's nothing of any real note at either of them. Drievliet has more, but other than Formula X you'll not be wanting to reride anything, and even that's not great.

Duinrell is the nicer park, but again with fairly crap rides.

I started with Duinrell and headed to Drievliet because it was easier from where I was going, but I'd probably do them the other way around if I wasn't relying on transport.

To be honest, it's an either/or situation.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Drievliet is the cred run with a doubt. Get in, get out.
Duinrell might not have much in the way of credz, but does offer a nice relaxed atmosphere. The covered Splash ride is fab and the bobcarts (toboggan) are worth a go. Andrus and I were there at the height of summer, so the queues were walk on as everyone was in the water park, but that shouldn't be a problem on an October weekday either. Also the restaurant food at Duinrell is great, as is the beer. Enjoy!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, using private transport because I don't like public transport.

Thanks, chaps!

We'll Driev it then we'll be doing rell. Vote me funniest member 2016.