Photos:

Smashing the Champagne:

The Fat Controller, Colin Bryan, Bob the Builder

For those of you who dont know what the hotel is guna look like:
HPlans1.jpg

HPlans2.jpg

marc

CF Legend
I wondered what was going on when we were there.

I do hope they clean the hotel rooms better than their park :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So Thomas themed rooms, eh? Does that mean that they'll be really clean and tidy but the rest will look like old, messy Travelodge rooms?

Martyn B

CF Legend
So where abouts is this being located?

I suppose if it's free to stay in, it would make the £28 entrance fee better value? ;)

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Room Types:
11 Interconnnecting family rooms (end gable)
40 family interconnecting rooms
8 Safari Themed rooms:
8 thomas themed rooms
30 standard double rooms
6 executive double rooms
14 standard twin rooms
8/16 accesible rooms
10 value rooms
4 super rooms
3 presidential suites featuring a twin jacuzzi bath

its located on the old campsite with log cabins in the forest

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ben said:
It looks like the Overlook... Or is that just me?

I thought exactly that.....it's creepy XD

It never occurred to me that Drayton would benefit from a hotel? Obviously I'm mistaken, meh, we'll see what happens.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yeah, I'm completely failing to see the point in it as well.

Ah well, I suppose somebody has done their research and decided that it makes sense. Hopefully it's not the same person who made the final decisions regarding a dragon-themed boat ride.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
campsite has moved to part of Ley field with new shower / toilet facilities.

Drayton takes alot of money from corporate events and business meetings and one thing which they have found is that different companies would of liked to stay on site so they could of had 2 day meetings.

The hotel will also be good for people going to The belfry to watch or play golf and people visiting tamworth/ the snowdome.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh if they price is right and include park tickets they are on to a winner. This is why the caravan at Flamingo Land worked for us, £30 for 2 nights including park tickets was fantastic value. If like Alton they charge £60 a night without a ticket Travel Lodge works out better.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If they invested the money in the actual park, they might actually make me want to go back.

Drayton manor is the worst major theme park that I've been to, perhaps with the exception of Pleasure Island. It's utterly awful and a hotel isn't going to do **** to improve that.