G Force or Shockwave

• G Force

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Shockwave

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Which of these two do you prefer? I have only been on Shockwave since the queue for G force was two hours long! I enjoyed Shockwave but I didn't like how absolutely nothing happens between the zero g roll and double corkscrew. They could have at least added an airtime hill!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I love Shockwave, it's a secret shame of mine. There's so much wrong with it, but I still love it.

G-Force? I don't hate it, but I wouldn't care if I never ride it again in my life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I barely got to go on anything when I went in July because it was incredibly busy. I thought Ben 10 was a fab family coaster but the queue was torture! Next time I go I will make sure to go on g force first and pandemonium because it looked like an awesome ride

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm gonna go with shockwave. G-Force is too short, and too rubbish. Considering the queue time/wait for enough riders(depending on busyness) can be ridiculous it's just not time efficient for what it does.
At least with shockwave you get a decent ride which you can grab a few re rides on if it's not too busy.
That being said, I don't think either are particularly re rideable, and prefer whoring apocalypse and maelstrom myself.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
G Force is the worst coaster in the UK.

Shockwave wins by default.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't mind either and think both get more crap than they deserve, but Shockwave is by far the better ride. I really enjoy it on a good day.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Every time I've been to Drayton Manor Shockwaves queue was always less than 5 mins whilst the queue for G Force was always over an hour long

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
cjbrandy said:
Every time I've been to Drayton Manor Shockwaves queue was always less than 5 mins whilst the queue for G Force was always over an hour long

That's due to G-force's dire throughput. I mean, what were they thinking designing it for single train operation? Even though Shockwave currently only runs one train, at least it's capable of running two and accommodates in excess of 12 people per train. If they ran it like HRRR, the queue would be virtually nonexistent.

In terms of which is better, Shockwave is by far superlative. G-force has a fun pre-drop section and a small pop of airtime in the back seat, but that's about it. Shockwave is intense, relatively forceful and far less painful...

mad mouse

Roller Poster
shockwave hurts your nuts like every stand up coaster but on G force it feels like you are a piece of play dough being slowly squished though a toddlers fingers.

mad mouse

Roller Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
cjbrandy said:

That's due to G-force's dire throughput. I mean, what were they thinking designing it for single train operation? Even though Shockwave currently only runs one train, at least it's capable of running two and accommodates in excess of 12 people per train. If they ran it like HRRR, the queue would be virtually nonexistent.

In terms of which is better, Shockwave is by far superlative. G-force has a fun pre-drop section and a small pop of airtime in the back seat, but that's about it. Shockwave is intense, relatively forceful and far less painful...
they do run two trains only on busy days one is blue and the other is red .

Darren B

Giga Poster
Yeah I'm going for Shockwave too. Like Furie I really enjoy the ride even though it has many flaws!

G-Force is just really bland. I don't have an issue with the restraints like many others, it's just crap. For me it sits with Colossus and Speed as one of the worst UK thrill coasters.