What's new

Drayton Manor - 2009

Karen

Hyper Poster
I hope they supply booster kiddie seats like they did at a themepark I went to last year in Europe. It enabled Aidan to enjoy it too. They are just like car booster seats. I think this could be a good addition to DMP. My thought for where they might put it is the arcade. Though I think Golden Nuggets is a high possibility.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I'd much rather have Golden Nuggets than a 4D Cinema.

The 4D Cinema will lose its appeal very quickly whereas Golden Nuggets has a good re-rideability factor.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I think aiming for families nowadays is a much wiser idea...

You can gain much more income from families then you can teenagers. Since parents will be more willing to treat their kids on sweets as well as lunch and general merchandise...

Whether a 4-D cinema is good or not really depends on the content of the film, as well as how good the effects are and the reliablity of them as well...

Suppose I'll find out in just over a week...

I don't think Drayton lack big rides, just lack GOOD re-rideable big rides...

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
More pictures donated to Drayton Manor Plus
www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk - see forum for news pics & more

The Following have been donated by Red Star Studio:
postercurse.jpg

Awards won and Nominated for From The Curse Of Skull Rock
Award.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is that the time?

It's a good move for DMP, ideal for the sort of punters they wish to attract.

Ok, so it's not aimed at me and thrill seekers. Then again, what is nowadays? There is little to look forward to in that respect for the UK next season.

Thank **** for Thorpe Park is all I can say.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah!

Its really bad and kinda pathetic that thorpe is the only park this year that is actualy building something worth triding for our country!

Really quiete poor!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Now if only Monkey Island 4 looked like that!
I'm actually looking forward to watching this. Hey, any new attraction is better than nothing at all.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Confirmed new stuff for 2009 - www.draytonmanorplus.co.uk

· A...New 4D Cinema entrance in Art Deco style, which will show 4D Halloween next year during Halloween and Xmas 4D next winter.

· new Coffee Stop with 1950’s styling with bench seating for 60 people inside,

· New Palladium Haute Couture shop twice the size of existing.

· a BRAND new Chicken Diner to replace the Miners Chicken Diner. Inside seating for 80 and 120 under veranda, all styled like a seaside wooden shiplap structure with central ships mast and new sales, kitchen and seating. A new Chicken Joes chicken product hot spicy chicken pieces in a tortia wrap and still our Chicken Nuggets & curly fries.

· A brand new Burger service restaurant now being designed with twice the cooking capacity of last one. With covered seating patio for 180 people. Newly refitted upstairs, counters and stairs.

· 1500 more car park spaces , drainage , path ways and gates 2 and 3 reopening to ease the restricted flow for when we are busy.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Is that it? What happened to the Fabbri thrill flat we were supposed to be getting? Seriously 4D cinemas are pointless additions, They don't bring the punters in. Parents take their children to the cinema if they want to watch a film, They don't go to a theme park to watch films.

luke8

Mega Poster
^ you can't say what they have announced is bad.

The food and catering facilities at the park are a complete joke. The kitchens are filth,y there's hardly any seating and the food tasted like a plastic horse breasts.

Im dissappointed with no new thrill ride yet again, but improving the crap restaurants can only be good for the park.

Mark

Strata Poster
Totally agreed.

To be fair, having a new attraction is better then nothing at all. It will be a great queue soaker and good all round family attraction.

Good to hear that they are going to be really concentrating on the food outlets.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
G-force said:
1500 more car park spaces, drainage , path-ways and gates 2 and 3 reopening to ease the restricted flow .
That's the most exciting bit! The traffic at times this year was horrendous.

What happened to the "extra water" for Excalibur, as intimated to us by Colin Bryan?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Of course I'd want a king-kong-mega-mega-coaster built at every park year on year but that's not going to happen.

So if DMP are improving their infrastructure, it could pave the way for some great things in years to come.

An spinning wild mouse coaster perhaps.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Wow, exciting news then for all those people who use public transport and bring their own lunches with them like me.

I guess they need to sort these areas first before opening any new big attractions so that the park can cope. Also with Thomasland opening this year I didn’t expect anything major for another year or two seeing how much was probably spent on that area.

marc

CF Legend
At least they are doing something to improve the food through put as it was so bad when we went for the live.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Construction Photos from Saturday 13th

4D Cinema

4D8.jpg

4D4.jpg

4D5.jpg

New Chicken Diner

Rest3.jpg

rest5.jpg

Rest1.jpg

For More Pictures See the Drayton Manor Plus Forums: Clicky

Pics copyright Drayton Manor Plus - Please dont use without Permission

Harvey

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
Yeah!

Its really bad and kinda pathetic that thorpe is the only park this year that is actualy building something worth triding for our country!

Really quiete poor!

Flamingo Land.

jaybuoy

Roller Poster
What a rubbish ride, was expecting a flat ride and not a 4d cinema. Shame really, they should bring cyclone back!