Votes: 15 57.7%
  • It's all right.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Get it away from me!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Mike

Giga Poster
At the moment I'm pretty much addicted to Dr Pepper, and it's clearly the best drink ever...

However, last weekend during the CF-Live I found out that some people (*cough*Sue*cough*) had never even drunk the stuff before!...Once Sue had a taste it, she almost instantly bought a bottle of it, thus showing how amazing it is.

So, what's your take on the drink?

Do you love it, despise it, or is it just another drink to you?

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's very moreish, especially when it's chilled. I only really drink water and milk these days though and when I do venture into something fizzy it's not my first choice.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I swear it used to taste better than it does now, maybe it's just me.

Otherwise, it's just another drink. I'll have it every now and again, but I don't feel the need to have it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The taste of Dr Pepper is fine... but, in liquid form? No. It's the worst of the "popular" drinks in that it's first quenching abilities are comparable to that of brick sand.

davidm

Strata Poster
Cans out of the fridge ; can't beat it.

From a soda-fountain, notsomuch ; tends to be a bit watery I find.

(Barq's from a fountain if available, or Mug, but Barq's>Mug)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I've heard a lot of people say it tastes like toothpaste. I don't agree, but I also don't care for it.

bmac

Giga Poster
david morton said:
From a soda-fountain, notsomuch ; tends to be a bit watery I find.

Depends on where you get it from but I've had horrible luck with soda fountains. Everything is so watered down you might as well pay extra for it from the bottle (or just get water straight from the fountain).

I love Dr. Pepper as a drink, but from a can it's taste can be kind of weird when it's right out of a fridge cold. The weirdest thing is I don't get the same sensation with Pepsi or Coke, and Dr. Pepper can be kinda explosion prone if you're not careful.

Mike

Giga Poster
Dr Pepper is always best from a can I find, although it's far cheaper to just buy large bottles of the stuff.

[Note: I got rid of the pointless "Meh" option that nobody was voting for, but it reset the entire poll... Silly CF!]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ciallkennett said:
I swear it used to taste better than it does now, maybe it's just me.

I think it has changed. I used to always fail to be able to drink a can of it. It was so fizzy and syrupy it just wasn't possible. That changed though, but probably before you were born which makes this post completely pointless. Hurrah ;)

david morton said:
Joey said:
What you just did, David, is list the worlds worst sodas.
:--D

Root-beers for the win!

ECG said:
I've heard a lot of people say it tastes like toothpaste. I don't agree, but I also don't care for it.

Ben said:
It's awful. It's medicine - delicious!

You are talking about Root Beer now, yes? Dr. Pepper doesn't taste anything medicinal, unlike Root Beer which antiseptic pretending to be a foodstuff.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I tried 'proper' root beer for the first time at Knoebels (just a sip). It was quite possibly the most vile drink I have ever had in my life - not to my taste at all! It puts the strange, unreadable cans of soft drink I once picked up from a Chinese depot once to shame ;)

Dr. Pepper is definitely better from a nice, cold can. I think I just prefer the taste of soft drinks in cans almost all of the time and I've not a clue why.