What's new

Donut + Burger =

Yum or yuk?

• Something similar is already a regular part of my diet / I would eat it regularly

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I might treat myself occasionally

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I might have it once in my life

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Euuuurgh - I can't imagine anything more unhealthy, absolutely not!

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I eat four a day, nothing wrong with it in my book! Doughnuts are practically a legume!!!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
**** yeah. When you go to this sort of place you know what you're ordering. It's a **** ing donut burger for Christ's sake, what do you expect it to be? Give you as many calories as a lettuce leaf. These articles annoy me, Hungry Horse can sell what they want, it's down to YOU whether or not you order it and eat it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
They've been doing a version of this at baseball stadiums in the states for a while (Man Vs Food represent!), although this seems to be double the size.
I would love to try the one in america I saw which is one donut halved as the bun with a single patty + bacon + cheese, and the donut is slightly grilled.

This looks a bit too big for me, but as I have a horse round the corner I may have to order one but take half home for the weekend's dinner.

therick311

Mega Poster
There is a Frontier League (independent) baseball team called the Gateway Grizzlies near where I live. They serve "Baseball's Best Burger" and it is a bacon cheeseburger on a grilled donut bun. I don't know if they invented it, but they have received a lot of press about it. http://www.gatewaygrizzlies.com/Famous_Food

I have had one, and they are quite good! The donut doesn't actually add a lot of flavor since it soaks up all the burger grease. It really tastes like eating a burger with a slightly sweet bun.

Smithy

Strata Poster
People who moan about stuff like this which is a CHOICE are the same cretins that mean I can no longer get super size at McDonalds :(

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Smithy said:
People who moan about stuff like this which is a CHOICE are the same cretins that mean I can no longer get super size at McDonalds :(

This, 100% this. You choose whether or not to be completely unhealthy, I can sort of see the whole 'temptation' argument and kids might see it and want it which is bad but meh, I want donut burgers and McDonald's supersize </3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
There's a fast growing restaurant chain in Southern California called Slater's 50/50. They've taken flack the past few years, every July, when they have their 'Merica Burger as a promotion. Every month they have a different specialty burger, and July it is a bacon lover's dream. 100% bacon patty, bacon pretzel bun, bacon thousand island dressing, bacon strips, egg (any style), and bacon infused American cheese. This place also does breakfast burgers like this during football season on Saturday and Sunday mornings, with a breakfast buffet option as well.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Not exactly a donut-burger, but it's in the same category. SFGAm started to sell "Frank n' Bacon Funnel Dogs" twoard the end of the season. It's pretty much a corn dog with Funnel Cake batter, wrapped in bacon, and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

What other food hybrids will people come up with next?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster
DelPiero said:
This looks a bit too big for me

That's definitely not what your wife says.

I'm in agreements with everyone else. People need to get off their high horse (see what I did there?), and let people make their own choices in life, and to try this as a once off treat isn't going to put you in A&E.

Our country breads more and more idiots and complainers everyday.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Darren B said:
Our country breads more and more idiots and complainers everyday.

Basic%20Country%20Bread%20in%20Dutch%20Oven_Calphalon1107.jpg

???

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
After over ten years here, I'm an expert in everything in bread!

It's hilarious that people complain that they have this on the menu. In that case, complain about every other crappy thing on every single fast food chain's menu. When I go to my work to get a Nutella, chocolate, and peanut butter pizza, I don't go get it because I'm looking for something healthy to eat. When I go to McDonald's and get a Big Mac, it's probably because I'm having a cheat day. If you want something healthy, stay home and sautee mushrooms or something, but this is perfectly fine in my eyes. They don't hold a gun to your head to make you order and eat it. I probably would never buy it, but kudos to people who do.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
That looks **** ing vile. I'm all for restaurants filling their menus with whatever s**t they want and for people to make their own choices about what they want to ram down their bloated faces, but that's not something I'd be ordering.

Bollocks to the health aspect; it just looks disgusting.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I would certainly treat myself to such a thing on occasion - with bacon and cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese!